Russ will NOT be involved in HC hiring process

Reed83HOF

It's all over the news how it's Lynn's job to lose. There won't be a search, just going through the motions. Whaley has a guy he knows will do whatever he wants. Anyone that wants to bet against that let me know. It's a done deal

Sure it is. Thanks for the inside knowledge

Football guy? Your kidding me right

Is Whaley NOT a football guy. Ooo yeah Nevermind

Ill believe it when i see it. They have been trying to deliver this message for several years

But they really havent Edited by MAJBobby

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But, but, but...

He said "don't let him leave the building" last time...

As I've said, perhaps the most taken out of context comment ever. But I get why that appeals to the clueless who look to the Sully's of the world for validation.

As I've said, perhaps the most taken out of context comment ever. But I get why that appeals to the clueless who look to the Sully's of the world for validation.

Yes, when reading the entire story it's clear what happened.

And in actuality this quote doesn't matter either--people will believe what they want to believe

Yes, when reading the entire story it's clear what happened.

And in actuality this quote doesn't matter either--people will believe what they want to believe

Which is why I couldn't get past the first 12 posts in this thread before my clueless comment. For anyone to think a team's owners wouldn't or even shouldn't be involved in the hiring of its HC, the very face of their franchise, is absurd and really speaks to a lack of critical thinking.

Which is why I couldn't get past the first 12 posts in this thread before my clueless comment. For anyone to think a team's owners wouldn't or even shouldn't be involved in the hiring of its HC, the very face of their franchise, is absurd and really speaks to a lack of critical thinking.

What do you define as involved? Overruling the first choice of their GM?

Edited by FireChan

What do you define as involved? Overruling the first choice of their GM?

It's defined as whatever THEY define it as. IMO, at the very least, it means they have final say, whether that means overruling their GM or not. They are the phucking owners for crissakes and people around here act like that's some sort of insignificant thing.

It's defined as whatever THEY define it as. IMO, at the very least, it means they have final say, whether that means overruling their GM or not. They are the phucking owners for crissakes and people around here act like that's some sort of insignificant thing.

I guess we get to define if they are GOOD owners or not, then.

Edited by FireChan

It's a football decision and they aren't football people. I hope their involvement is a simple rubber stamp. If they don't trust Whaley to do his job they should replace him.

Of course they trust Whaley. They trusted him when he told them Rex was "the one".

John Wawrow ‏@john_wawrow 3m3 minutes ago

Whaley will make recommendation. Up to Pegulas to approve.

Lori Chase ‏@LChase_RA 1m1 minute ago

Gotta think ANY team owner would have to sign off on a multi-million dollar HC deal, yes?

This is how they picked Rex.

Well, when you start to call into question if the fan base is allowed to say whether they "should" do something, you do insinuate that.

Wrong because I don't presume the fans need "permission" for anything. If you need to make excuses for the fans' naïveté, be my guest. I thought we had smarter fans.

It's all over the news how it's Lynn's job to lose. There won't be a search, just going through the motions. Whaley has a guy he knows will do whatever he wants. Anyone that wants to bet against that let me know. It's a done deal

Kind of like how Marrone was a clear HC candidate for many teams last year? Take what the media says with a grain of salt.

Edited by What a Tuel

Wrong because I don't presume the fans need "permission" for anything. If you need to make excuses for the fans' naïveté, be my guest. I thought we had smarter fans.

As long as the Pegulas continue to be "involved" by overruling their GM, expect the fans to continue to complain about them being "involved." To expect anything else is to be naive.

Edited by FireChan