Why Isn't This An Option? And, I hate to say it...

That's funny.

Seriously where would Taylor go that is a better situation than staying in Buffalo on another one year deal with an option again?

Cleveland? One of their two top ten picks has to be a QB. Is Taylor going to go there to be a place holder?

San Francisco? Chip Kelly, enough said.

Denver?

Houston?

Where?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously where would Taylor go that is a better situation than staying in Buffalo on another one year deal with an option again?

Cleveland? One of their two top ten picks has to be a QB. Is Taylor going to go there to be a place holder?

San Francisco? Chip Kelly, enough said.

Denver?

Houston?

Where?

This is a terrible QB draft. Taylor will be the best FA QB available in years. He will have suitors. If someone paid Brock Osweiller $18MM, Tyrod will get $20MM+.

This is a terrible QB draft. Taylor will be the best FA QB available in years. He will have suitors. If someone paid Brock Osweiller $18MM, Tyrod will get $20MM+.

Yeah sure yet Over The Cap says best evaluation he gets is IF Someone falls in love with him and thats 15M a year.

2016 Tyrod >> 2015 Osweiler. And 2015 Osweiler got 4 years, $72 million. That means 2016 Tyrod can reasonably expect at least that, probably more, if we cut him. If I'm his agent, no way do I accept a restructure less than $20 million per.

2015 Fitzpatrick>>2015 Osweiler. Osweiler = 6'8" prototypical quarterback bod and arm. Fitzpatrick, not so much. The theoretical potential a team saw in Osweiler led to the over-sized contract. Don't see the same happening for Tyrod.

I do think Tyrod is a little different as he's not your traditional QB. Any team that would be interested if Bills asked him to restructure would have to pretty much change their offensive philosophy. Not saying there isn't a team out there willing to do it, but I think this is a different situation than another QB like Osweiler. Because of this, I think it's possible he would consider restructuring and stay will the Bills. More than likely not, but there's a chance because of this.

Which teams? Anywhere he goes he's going to have to compete for the job and that includes Cleveland.

I don't agree with this at all. SF, Denver, Cleveland, Houston, Chicago, and Jets off the top of my head he walks in as the starter. Kubiak will be in the mix for sure if TT is available. His play is far superior to what Manning gave them last year in a Super Bowl winning season. He was his OC in Baltimore and offered him more money than the Bills did. Edited by Kirby Jackson

I don't agree with this at all. SF, Denver, Cleveland, Houston, Chicago, and Jets off the top of my head he walks in as the starter. Kubiak will be in the mix for sure if TT is available. His play is far superior to what Manning gave them last year in a Super Bowl winning season. He was his OC in Baltimore and offered him more money than the Bills did.

Maybe, but if he is that highly thought of why not keep him? Is Kubiak the GM now? Is Taylor Kelly's type? Cleveland is going to draft a QG and they have RGIII, so again place holder, Houston, Chicago, Jets maybe. But are any of those options better than a sweetened deal like he played under this year to stay?

I think it can be done. I think Whaley has to get it done. Tyrod has almost delivered, I love him. But, he has to do just a little better.

Maybe, but if he is that highly thought of why not keep him? Is Kubiak the GM now? Is Taylor Kelly's type? Cleveland is going to draft a QG and they have RGIII, so again place holder, Houston, Chicago, Jets maybe. But are any of those options better than a sweetened deal like he played under this year to stay?

Denver offered him more than the Bills. They wanted him and their HC was his OC. He knows EXACTLY who he is as a player. They will be in.

Cleveland could draft a guy but I doubt it is at 1. It could be at 10. They could trade one of their 2nd's for Jimmy G. Are those better options than TT this year? I'm not sure. He would allow them to do something like Garrett and Fournette in the top 10. They'd have 2 second round picks and TT under center. That would put them miles ahead of where they are now.

Taylor is exactly Kelly's type in terms of SF. Kelly wasn't interested in Taylor when he was a FA last time (he signed Tebow instead). I don't know if SF would be in play or how much pull Chip has. It's worth considering.

Houston is talented and stinks at QB. He's an instant upgrade to a team that won their division.

Jax has talent and Bortles has fallen off the cliff. They could be interested.

Chicago and the Jets don't have a guy that's even close. They can always draft guys too but he's an option there as well.

If he doesn't end up in Buffalo (the likely outcome still) he will make $15M+ and have a starting job. That doesn't mean he's perfect it means that he's much better than the other options. That's why he will get paid one way or another. It's supply and demand.

The current GM couldn't find a stud QB if his life depended on it. TT is/was Rex's guy.

They have a few months to see how bad the landscape for good starting QB's is. The Draft appears

to be all crap shoots especially in a 9-16 slot. Sure they will probably draft another Jones project type. Big deal.

Most or the good teams are always looking. The Bills not so much. Example: Whaley's love affair with EJ. And missing out

on franchise guys. Maybe It is simply poor scouting?

Tyrod would be foolish to re do his already team friendly deal. Can he get 20 mil on the FA market? Doubtful

He can match the deal the Bills have though. His agent will never let this team negotiate down on his deal. The Bills

aren't the only team looking for a starter. Tyrod may even want to get away from the dysfunction and oh yea. David Lee.

Edited by Best Player Available

Throw out signing bonuses (that don't count against the cap) and his contract is worth exactly his level of play, average for a QB. His highest cap hit is barely $18 mil in 2021, it's short of $16 mil next year. Why restructure when it's already a mid-level contract for a mid-level QB?

Because Tyrod isn't mid level he's bottom tier. I'd rank in the late 20s in terms of passing ability. Yes, he makes plays with his legs but his rushing numbers don't make up for his lacking in the passing game. 17 TDs in 15 games is horrible.

The current GM couldn't find a stud QB if his life depended on it. TT is/was Rex's guy.

They have a few months to see how bad the landscape for good starting QB's is. The Draft appears

to be all crap shoots especially in a 9-16 slot. Sure they will probably draft another Jones project type. Big deal.

Most or the good teams are always looking. The Bills not so much. Example: Whaley's love affair with EJ. And missing out

on franchise guys. Maybe It is simply poor scouting?

Tyrod would be foolish to re do his already team friendly deal. Can he get 20 mil on the FA market? Doubtful

He can match the deal the Bills have though. His agent will never let this team negotiate down on his deal. The Bills

aren't the only team looking for a starter. Tyrod may even want to get away from the dysfunction and oh yea. David Lee.

Love it the good moves Whaley makes are always because of something or someone else

Because Tyrod isn't mid level he's bottom tier. I'd rank in the late 20s in terms of passing ability. Yes, he makes plays with his legs but his rushing numbers don't make up for his lacking in the passing game. 17 TDs in 15 games is horrible.

But the 580 rushing yards, 6 TDs and effectiveness of the running game can't just be excluded. It's an unconventional evaluation but you HAVE to take the whole picture into account.

2016 Tyrod >> 2015 Osweiler. And 2015 Osweiler got 4 years, $72 million. That means 2016 Tyrod can reasonably expect at least that, probably more, if we cut him. If I'm his agent, no way do I accept a restructure less than $20 million per.

On the bright side, everyone saw how that turned out.....