This game just showed that Tyrod is not the #1 problem

BillsFan130

Man you love to exaggerate! Mr. Ponder with AP also comes to mind. I think that's 3 to 3 now.

Yeah i bet that never came out of you mouth (i know you wont admit it because it hurts your point now)

But be honest with yourself

See i know i can admit i thought we had an answer at QB in Tyrod last year. Then hmmm not so much.

But then again i can be honest with myself i know its hard

Edited by MAJBobby

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha. i didn't even notice that you counted EJ for your point. 6-10 doesn't let you use EJ for your point, but it does allow me to use it for mine. Good try though.

How was EJ 6-10 his rookie year when he played 10 games

Back to 3 successes 1 failure. Hmmm history seems to point Rookies can succeed right awAy in run 1st offenses

Edited by MAJBobby

Did you skip over Ponder when he had the 3rd best rushing attack? EJ was 4-6 so it's 3-3.

Again EJs rookie year had people including you believe Bills had a future QB

Minny did not have a top 5 running offense

Edited by MAJBobby

I'm very happy that MAJBobby has no voice at all with what happens in regards to the players!

The guy just won't quit his endless crusade against the best offense, QB this team has seen since Bledsoe and it should only get better with more experience for the QB. A better coaching staff along with a better defense and healthy receivers.

There is nothing unreasonable about someone being skeptical about TT's prospects as a long term franchise qb. Clearly TT had an outstanding game against the Phins. But he has also been inconsistent this season with legitimate questions over his accuracy and ability to read defenses.

Is he the best qb the Bills have had since Bledsoe? He probably is even better than the end of the line Bledsoe that played for us, but that doesn't mean that it is assured that he is the long-term answer for us.

There is an argument made that TT and the qb position isn't the most pressing issue for the Bills because the defense is the biggest area of concern. That is true. But accepting that premise doesn't mean that the qb issue can't also be addressed.

Right now my position on TT is that I just don't know for sure whether he is the long sought answer or not as our qb. So I don't find it troubling that people have different views on this issue. I don't think the issue is as conclusive as some people think.

Really show me a team that is top 5 in running that their Rookie QB cost them.

Russel Wilson hmmm nope

Dak Prescott hmmm nope

Big Ben hmmm nope

Its ok though keep trying

You're getting shouted down by people afraid to swing for the fences. I, for one, am ready to puke from all the mediocrity, take a big swing on the best educated guess on a QB with huge potential and go for it. I happen to be one who agrees that the potential for regression against the potential for significant gain - especially over the long term - is worth it. Give me an accurate, tall pocket passer who has some arm strength and the mental capacity to read a Defense and hopefully the balls to lead....do whatever necessary to get THAT guy.

I also often wonder: had E.J not been subject to Coach Moron, would he have succeeded somewhere else? Will never know - but this is where I think Coaching is everything and also why I believe Rex needs to go.

There is nothing unreasonable about someone being skeptical about TT's prospects as a long term franchise qb. Clearly TT had an outstanding game against the Phins. But he has also been inconsistent this season with legitimate questions over his accuracy and ability to read defenses.

Is he the best qb the Bills have had since Bledsoe? He probably is even better than the end of the line Bledsoe that played for us, but that doesn't mean that it is assured that he is the long-term answer for us.

There is an argument made that TT and the qb position isn't the most pressing issue for the Bills because the defense is the biggest area of concern. That is true. But accepting that premise doesn't mean that the qb issue can't also be addressed.

Right now my position on TT is that I just don't know for sure whether he is the long sought answer or not as our qb. So I don't find it troubling that people have different views on this issue. I don't think the issue is as conclusive as some people think.

Appreciate it.

And yes i actually have lightened up on TT. I would not mind brining him back next year. But thats not all the option does it marries me to him for 3.

I am not ready based on his play this year to committ to him for 3 years

Rookies can succeed or fail , even with a great ground attack. The Bills won't have a top 5 , or likely even top ten pick. Who will the coach be? Would a good HC come to Buffalo with no QB and a middling draft position? That's unlikely.

Sure a good coach could say i dont want you to pick the option up. If he does that (they will pick the coach before the option) what is your feeling then?

But it cost them games which was your argument. You said show me a team that had a top 5 rushing attack that their rookie qb cost them. EJ costed them some wins. No?

And i can argue TT cost games too.

Back to point before this rabbit holed. Proof a Rookie cannot come into Bills and give 26 ppg in an offense built around Shady (if he stays healthy obviously)

Appreciate it.

And yes i actually have lightened up on TT. I would not mind brining him back next year. But thats not all the option does it marries me to him for 3.

You don't have to be. The Bills are the one who have to commit not you and for the 20th over all pay for QBs I bet they do.

Sure a good coach could say i dont want you to pick the option up. If he does that (they will pick the coach before the option) what is your feeling then?

And i can argue TT cost games too.

Back to point before this rabbit holed. Proof a Rookie cannot come into Bills and give 26 ppg in an offense built around Shady (if he stays healthy obviously)

No one can prove that one way or another, it's a bullsh!t argument that can't be won by anyone, including you.

You don't have to be. The Bills are the one who have to commit not you and for the 20th over all pay for QBs I bet they do.

And they would be wrong because they married themselves to a AVG QB for 3 years.

Yeah keep overpaying and rewarding mediocre play. Wouldnt be the Bills if they didnt.

No one can prove that one way or another, it's a bullsh!t argument that can't be won by anyone, including you.

Just as much as its a BS argument that TT coming back ensures 26ppg too.

Appreciate it.

Committing to him for three years would not be a bad way to go, especially if the organization drafts a qb with a high pick (1 or 2 rd). If Cardale Jones shows potential buying him more time to develop would also be a prudent approach to take.

In this case with TT the issue isn't only what you want to ideally do but the real world issue is what position are you in when making a decision. For me I am not locked in any position. This organization can exercise a number of options, even if I disagree with, and still make a reasonable decision.

And they would be wrong because they married themselves to a AVG QB for 3 years.

Yeah keep overpaying and rewarding mediocre play. Wouldnt be the Bills if they didnt.

Just as much as its a BS argument that TT coming back ensures 26ppg too.

Show me where I said that, I will wait..................... Yup just what I thought you can't. I at least know that he has done it in his career of being a 2 year starter. The rest is pure speculation on your part. His 2 best games, of his career have happened in the second half of this year, no? I would say that means he's still improving.

Show me where I said that, I will wait..................... Yup just what I thought you can't. I at least know that he has done it in his career of being a 2 year starter. The rest is pure speculation on your part. His 2 best games, of his career have happened in the second half of this year, no? I would say that means he's still improving.

I would say more of "oh **** i am about to lose alot of money let me find watkins and clay again"

I also wonder how many playoff teams actually allow a situation with 10 guys on the field like that long Ajay run on Saturday that ended up finally killing us....the scheme doesnt fit.....but its also about horrible on field communication and mistakes like that which are inexcusable

Oh Sweet Jesus Save Me none. Teams that aspire to contend, the coaches have to get that right. The Bills are a joke.

Most Bills fans simply don't understand that sitting and watching the games or going over game film is nothing like on the field actual game day playing experience. It's the actual playing experience that counts and Taylor still only has 29 games of playing experience. I don't buy that Taylor can't read a defense or is that inaccurate. I happen to think he is very conservative and careful with the ball which is a great ability to have.

When you consider the supporting cast he has had with so many receivers injured over the course of the season and how careful Taylor is with the ball. Watkins and Clay finally showed up in the Miami game and Taylor threw for 329 yards, 3 TD's. When was the last time this team had 589 yards of offense? Taylor has earned his payday in my view. If the defense could make a tackle and the kicker make the 2x FG's the Bills win that game.

Granted Taylor is not a prototypical pocket passer and when asked to win games with his arm he hasn't hit that level of ability just yet. That may yet come as this QB is still under two years of playing experience. Taylor is a running QB who works well in a run-first offensive scheme and we all saw just how good the offense can be when everything clicks.

I think the issue with Tayor is more conclusive than most think because if the Bills don't sign him about five other NFL teams would pick him up and pay him. He would answer to the main problem with the Jets, Browns, Bears, Rams and 49ers.

The OP is correct in that the QB is not the main problem. The defense at many positions, overall team discipline, the injuries to the WR corps and other positions all year, the kicker choking along with special teams giving up big returns, the RT position. The coaching staff needs a big upgrade at HC and DC, special teams coach.

I think it's a foregone conclusion that the Bills will lock up Taylor after watching that Miami game.

Hey! Merry Christmas Ryan! I actually just got back from Tyrod church this morning or I would've responded sooner. The sermon this morning was about how Tyrod is a marginal starter- somewhere around the 20-25th best QB in the league (probably closer to 25th). But the pastor emphasized that he might be a better option than anyone else next season, his cap hit would only be $14 million and they do have a lot of pieces in place on offense. The pastor also gave us a bit of hope this holiday season by stressing it would be interesting to see Taylor with a healthy Watkins and maybe an Alshon Jeffery to throw to next season as opposed to Justin Hunter, Walt Powell and Brandon Tate. I actually think you would've appreciated it.

I think a little higher than 25th, maybe 15-20th. That's based on CHFF "real QBR" which takes into account rushing attempts, yards and TDs as well as fumbles and sacks and has a pretty good correlation with winning.

I would like to see us keep Tyrod, AND try to acquire another QB in the draft.

Most Bills fans simply don't understand that sitting and watching the games or going over game film is nothing like on the field actual game day playing experience. It's the actual playing experience that counts and Taylor still only has 29 games of playing experience. I don't buy that Taylor can't read a defense or is that inaccurate. I happen to think he is very conservative and careful with the ball which is a great ability to have.

When you consider the supporting cast he has had with so many receivers injured over the course of the season and how careful Taylor is with the ball. Watkins and Clay finally showed up in the Miami game and Taylor threw for 329 yards, 3 TD's. When was the last time this team had 589 yards of offense? Taylor has earned his payday in my view. If the defense could make a tackle and the kicker make the 2x FG's the Bills win that game.

Granted Taylor is not a prototypical pocket passer and when asked to win games with his arm he hasn't hit that level of ability just yet. That may yet come as this QB is still under two years of playing experience. Taylor is a running QB who works well in a run-first offensive scheme and we all saw just how good the offense can be when everything clicks.

I think the issue with Tayor is more conclusive than most think because if the Bills don't sign him about five other NFL teams would pick him up and pay him. He would answer to the main problem with the Jets, Browns, Bears, Rams and 49ers.

The OP is correct in that the QB is not the main problem. The defense at many positions, overall team discipline, the injuries to the WR corps and other positions all year, the kicker choking along with special teams giving up big returns, the RT position. The coaching staff needs a big upgrade at HC and DC, special teams coach.

I think it's a foregone conclusion that the Bills will lock up Taylor after watching that Miami game.

Odds are that the Bills will lock up Taylor especially after his Miami's performance. Whaley is not going to allow a rookie qb to start next year even if a rookie was taken in the first round because he believes that the roster he has assembled is a playoff roster. He said it last year and said it with even more conviction this year prior to the season. There is no doubt that he believes that his loquacious and vacuous HC botched this team and even placed his own job security in jeopardy.

I'm far from being an anti-TT proponent. His style of play is certainly not a conventional style of play. That doesn't mean that he is a better or worse qb because of his unique skill set. The issue I wrestle with on this issue is whether the team would be better off in the long run with a qb such as Kirk Cousins who can more accurately throw the ball utilizing the whole field and is more adept at making reads and going through progressions.

In our situation it is not a question of what style of play one would prefer but what type of qb is presently available. TT is what we have and he is the qb we are working with. Granted that's the reality we are living with but that doesn't alter the fact that I continue to be queasy about the situation.

As I said in a prior posting just because the qb situation is not the main problem for this bedraggled franchise that doesn't mean that it can't be addressed and, if needed/opportunity presents itself, upgraded. Using the argument that there is a more pressing issue to contend with is a weak argument when discussing the possibility of upgrading another position. It's been well chronicled that people can walk and chew at the same time!