So here is my question (Offense and Taylor)

MAJBobby

Not going to search for your prior posts you are no where near being important enough. Ignore and deflect.

Ummm its the first thing discussed as a change in the offense. You know the point of the thread. Thanks though

Not important enough to keep coming back to my thread and adding nothing.

So where i am at so far that i dont think i can adequately offset in next two years if TT walks

1. Turnover Ratio - gonna be hard to offset with any solution i think

2. Certain Plays ie triple and speed options in Redzone (not sure if that has a significant impact on total scoring)

3. Impact to running game (again not sure significant impact, but will be one) Think can be offset easily

4. Scoring - there likey will be a change but unknown amount of change and hard to quanify significant or not (but scoring can be offset by not allowing scoring etc)

Edited by MAJBobby

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ummm its the first thing discussed as a change in the offense. You know the point of the thread. Thanks thoughSo where i am at so far that i dont think i can adequately offset in next two years if TT walks

1. Turnover Ratio - gonna be hard to offset with any solution i think

2. Certain Plays ie triple and speed options in Redzone (not sure if that has a significant impact on total scoring)

3. Impact to running game (again not sure significant impact, but will be one) Think can be offset easily

4. Scoring - there likey will be a change but unknown amount of change and hard to quanify significant or not (but scoring can be offset by not allowing scoring etc)

Hilarious that everything that is an obvious NEGATIVE you dismiss casually with not sure. !@#$ing joke

And in whose world can anyone claim 25% is not significant. If your house went down 25% in value would that also be insignificant. The numbers CRUSH you Bobby and all you can do is ignore and deflect

Edited by jms62

Again then why does shady get over 1600 yards with Nick Foles as a QB

People want to give way to much credit to this QB for things he doesnt have a huge impact on.

So essentially like your TT inpact on the run game

Shady is great everywhere. No team has averaged more yards per carry in AT LEAST the last 15 seasons. They all play a role.

I guess my opinion of his impact is subjective as well. Statistics support it being an elite running game not a pretty good running game. I just don't think a reasonable person could argue that removing the best running QB in the league from a running game wouldn't make said running game worse?

I know that you've agreed that it will regress but to what degree? Shady will still be great but the playcalling will have to change and the deception won't be there. The offense is rolling and I don't see how changes will make it better. That's really what this boils down to. How do the Bills get better? You'd argue that the cap savings would be crucial. Where are those cap dollars going? Eric Berry and Hoyer? Woods and Gilmore?

Here's my solution:

- Keep TT, let Mills and Woods walk. Re-sign Goodwin

- Draft a WR in the 2nd or 3rd round (maybe one of the Ole Miss guys)

- Draft a RT in the 2nd or 3rd round (maybe Roderick Johnson)

- Sign a vet backup QB (maybe Hoyer)

- Fire Rex and the defensive coaches

- Promote Lynn to HC and Kromer to OC

- Hire Gus Bradley to run the defense

- Let Gilmore walk, bring back Alexander and/or ZB if possible (think Brown goes)

- Bring in DRC to fill Gilmore's spot and develop Seymour

- Draft S in the 1st (Jamal Adams ideally)

- Hope AW returns

- Draft defensive players throughout and the kicker from Auburn

That's an abbreviated version but my hope would be that the addition Gus Bradley's scheme would help. I thought that he was a great coordinator in Seattle, just a lousy HC. You are going to lose some guys but if Shaq and Ragland develop they can give you what Alexander and Zach Brown did. (I am admittedly a little nervous about Shaq. DRC, Jamal Adams and a better scheme hopefully improves the secondary. Gilmore has played well this year (yesterday aside) but I'm not sure that you can realistically fit him under the cap.

I guess that I'm making minor changes to the offense and major changes to the defense and ST.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

This crusade is getting tougher week by week as the season peters out.

Not the way the OP figured this would shake out for him....

The OP has blinders on that make him ignore the almost 600 yards of offense the Bills put on the Dolphins and even as bad as the defense played it was the kicker that really let down the team with two missed FG's.

Taylor making some beautiful called runs and Miami had no answer for them and even with Sammy Watkins, Charles Clay playing injured Taylor showed he can sling it around some. Taylor 26 of 39 for 329 yards, 3 TDs. A QBR 83.6.

Of all the problems with this team the QB position and offense is near the least of them and yet this won't dissuade the OP from his crusade.

Hilarious that everything that is an obvious NEGATIVE you dismiss casually with not sure. !@#$ing joke

And in whose world can anyone claim 25% is not significant. If your house went down 25% in value would that also be insignificant. The numbers CRUSH you Bobby and all you can do is ignore and deflect

Where were you guys when TT pooped the bed vs the Raiders and Steelers ending the Buffalo Bills season ? Selective memory for the CoT ?

Qb is a huge problem. One good game vs the fins when the season is over doesn't change that.

For every Miami game there is a Ravens game.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Shady is great everywhere. No team has averaged more yards per carry in AT LEAST the last 15 seasons. They all play a role.

I guess my opinion of his impact is subjective as well. Statistics support it being an elite running game not a pretty good running game. I just don't think a reasonable person could argue that removing the best running QB in the league from a running game wouldn't make said running game worse?

I know that you've agreed that it will regress but to what degree? Shady will still be great but the playcalling will have to change and the deception won't be there. The offense is rolling and I don't see how changes will make it better. That's really what this boils down to. How do the Bills get better? You'd argue that the cap savings would be crucial. Where are those cap dollars going? Eric Berry and Hoyer? Woods and Gilmore?

Here's my solution:

- Let Gilmore walk, bring back Alexander and/or ZB if possible (think Brown goes)

- Hope AW returns

That's an abbreviated version but my hope would be that the addition Gus Bradley's scheme would help. I thought that he was a great coordinator in Seattle, just a lousy HC. You are going to lose some guys but if Shaq and Ragland develop they can give you what Alexander and Zach Brown did. (I am admittedly a little nervous about Shaq. DRC, Jamal Adams and a better scheme hopefully improves the secondary. Gilmore has played well this year (yesterday aside) but I'm not sure that you can realistically fit him under the cap.

I guess that I'm making minor changes to the offense and major changes to the defense and ST.

Thoughts on Victor Cruz?

The defense is what kept the bills from making the playoffs the past two years, but I digress.

Keep Taylor and this offense together. Next season will be his third as a starter, and he's yet to have a full season with Watkins. Despite that, the offense is top 10 and moving up. Taylor is a good option for the next 2-3 years while they try to find the guy.

Re-sign woods, gillislee, gragg, Felton, and find someone to play RT until Henderson comes back. Draft another WR and TE at some point. Focus on fixing the D which is the real problem.

For all those that says you absolutely have to pick of the option. Hypothetically they dont.

What changes on the Offense? What do you lose? What is it that this offense cannot be without?

Now is that worth a 16M cap hit and essentially being married to TT at min til the end of 2018?

They need to absolutely keep Tyrod while they continue trying to find the next QB to draft, and continue developing cardale.

There aren't any better immediate options out there. Like it or not combining all of his assets, he is an average NFL starting QB.

He makes and misses just as many throws as an A Smith... in fact that is about what he is. Alex smith. And if I have Alex smith on my roster, I'm keeping him until I know I've got better

There is a difference between having a so-so situation and having a problem. The O is so-so, the D is a problem. The team can live and even flourish to a degree with a so-so O but it can not win with a problematic D. The sole focus this off season has to be on the D, either improving the personnel or, more likely, improving the coaching. An improved D that comes close to matching the O's league standing makes for a much more successful team overall.

So what do you lose without having TT? You lose that so-so offense. The only possible replacement in-house is a kd with 11(!) collegiate starts, one who was benched. From the outside there are a bunch of bums, mediocrities and washed up vets. There are no candidates in the draft who rise to TT's level. Because of his elusiveness combined with his ability to go long, defenses are schizophrenic and tentative. This opens up the run game in general, making it more lethal than with a more traditional QB. It also makes the line appear to be better than it possibly is otherwise. And getting rid of TT means there will be more turnovers which are among the most significant factors in losing games. But you already know these things as they have been brought to your attention in thread after thread after thread. You either refuse to accept these truths or you are just an old crank who needs to fill his life with endless trolling.

Massive assumption that replacing TT with the bum-of-the-month automatically somehow magically vastly improves the passing game. God lord, you even beleve Brian Hoyer can be the one to somehow pull off this miracle! I sincerely hope no one allows you near firearms, volitile liquids or car keys.

So-so offenses don't score 26 points a game(7th in the NFL), have one of the best red Zone percentages in the NFL, and have the 3rd most offensive TDs in the NFL(more than New England)...we think nothing we do is good enough but look around the NFL and see how many teams are far worse...did you watch that snoozefest between Cincy and Houston last night??

When you set a franchise record and lead the NFL with 6 losses when scoring 24 or more points it sticks out like a sore thumb what the problem is

Edited by matter2003

Here's my solution:

- Hope AW returns

Decent plan Kirby ok i will get on board with keeping Tyrod even at the cap hit or even more if when i pick us the option the contract is redone to stop the guaranteed money next year.

He regressed this year so consequences of that in my eyes are see ya or get me out of this 2 close to 3 year option.

Make it another prove it deal so if he shows (what i think he will) he is at his ceiling and not good enough i can walk free and clear at end of 2017.

Baring that type of relief i will not advocate pickin up the option and tieing us to a QB who shows he is likely who he is (and not good enough) for the next two years.

If thats talked about from the Hardcore supporters you will get me on board with picking up option.

Asshat crusade as usual. I look forward to your 10000000000000 TT posts in the next year. I am not a TT fan, but you need to go before he does.

Cause legitimately asking what changes that cant he offset if they let him walk is a crusade. Thanks

Thoughts on Victor Cruz?

My thoughts are i think his body is gone and is like a Harvin signing hoping can stay healthy just with a different name, sad to because i thiught he would be a dominate slot WR then the injuries happened

Decent plan Kirby ok i will get on board with keeping Tyrod even at the cap hit or even more if when i pick us the option the contract is redone to stop the guaranteed money next year.

He regressed this year so consequences of that in my eyes are see ya or get me out of this 2 close to 3 year option.

Make it another prove it deal so if he shows (what i think he will) he is at his ceiling and not good enough i can walk free and clear at end of 2017.

Baring that type of relief i will not advocate pickin up the option and tieing us to a QB who shows he is likely who he is (and not good enough) for the next two years.

If thats talked about from the Hardcore supporters you will get me on board with picking up option.

Cause legitimately asking what changes that cant he offset if they let him walk is a crusade. Thanks

My thoughts are i think his body is gone and is like a Harvin signing hoping can stay healthy just with a different name, sad to because i thiught he would be a dominate slot WR then the injuries happened

But not a head case. If we bring back Woods I think he makes a great WR3

So-so offenses don't score 26 points a game(7th in the NFL), have one of the best red Zone percentages in the NFL, and have the 3rd most offensive TDs in the NFL(more than New England)...we think nothing we do is good enough but look around the NFL and see how many teams are far worse...did you watch that snoozefest between Cincy and Houston last night??

When you set a franchise record and lead the NFL with 6 losses when scoring 24 or more points it sticks out like a sore thumb what the problem is

So quanify it. What are the expected point contributions from Taylor maybe i am wrong and it alot higher than i think it would be

But not a head case. If we bring back Woods I think he makes a great WR3

I am not sure again because if his health I dont think the value is there giving 5M a year to a guy that misses a majority of the season is all.

I can get a healthy contributor at a much reduced cost and that important if i am picking up Taylors option.

23 free agents (granted alot of JAG and not good enoughs) and against the cap with no Franchise QB is criminal cap management, but people protect overdorf (different thread different discussion)

I am not sure again because if his health I dont think the value is there giving 5M a year to a guy that misses a majority of the season is all.

I can get a healthy contributor at a much reduced cost and that important if i am picking up Taylors option.

23 free agents (granted alot of JAG and not good enoughs) and against the cap with no Franchise QB is criminal cap management, but people protect overdorf (different thread different discussion)

Valid point vis a vis the injuries