Here will be an interesting debate

MAJBobby

You are in charge of hiring the next HC of the Buffalo Bills.

Are there any areas that are absolutely a non starter for you.

IE:

We need to Trade Shady,

Taylor IS my QB

Etc

As much as i am in the move on from Taylor and by no means pick up his option camp, If I am interviewing a candidate (who has experience developing QBs and been around top end QBs) and he is lobbying to keep Tyrod I may have to listen.

Edited by MAJBobby

First thing first

Are there any items forced on the nee HC like:

We will be playing a 4-3?
Tyrod is going to be your QB?

Or do you let the new HC decide on everything?

As much as i am in the move on from Taylor and by no means pick up his option camp, If I am interviewing a candidate (who has experience developing QBs and been around top end QBs) and he is lobbying to keep Tyrod I may have to listen.

-First things first - forget 4-3 3-4 - just put a D out there with the best talent.

-TT is not the QB of the future - New HC, New QB from the draft.

-3 years min for a postseason with young QB, not 1, 1/2 or 2.

First thing first

-First things first - forget 4-3 3-4 - just put a D out there with the best talent.

-TT is not the QB of the future - New HC, New QB from the draft.

-3 years min for a postseason with young QB, not 1, 1/2 or 2.

4-3/3-4 is drastically overrated since teams are in the nickel more than half the times these days...it's not like the old days when teams were in their base 75% of the time

Are there any items forced on the nee HC like:

We will be playing a 4-3?

Tyrod is going to be your QB?

Or do you let the new HC decide on everything?

That depends. If they are willing to rebuild then you hire a coach and let him make the call on how he wants to move forward. If they believe they have the talent on hand to get to the playoffs, they will hire a coach who sees things the organization's way.

Edited by purple haze

Reason i ask because i am not naive enough to think coach gets a say. Example ownership in MIA essentially forced RT on any HC for at least the next two years.

Which wasn't the case with EJ/TT/Rex/Whaley so in the Bills situation the coach did get the say. I'm sure there are plenty of coaches that come in and say they want to trade/sign/draft a certain player but the GM says "well, we have 3 qb's on the team already and don't plan on adding anymore. You figure it out".

The coach picks the players who play on the field but the GM is the guy that gets them. In an ideal world, the GM and coach should be getting players together instead of just saying:

Coach: "We need help at RG. I think that kid...."

GM: "DONE. Laters"

Coach: "..........."

Edited by The Wiz

Which wasn't the case with EJ/TT/Rex/Whaley so in the Bills situation the coach did get the say. I'm sure there are plenty of coaches that come in and say they want to trade/sign/draft a certain player but the GM says "well, we have 3 qb's on the team already and don't plan on adding anymore. You figure it out".

The coach picks the players who play on the field but the GM is the guy that gets them. In an ideal world, the GM and coach should be getting players together instead of just saying:

Coach: "We need help at RG. I think that kid...."

GM: "DONE. Laters"

Coach: "..........."

Thats where GM/HC's come in. Bill cheater does that in New England