Rex Ryan vs Doug Whaley.

ChanOverChin

That's fair but it's a stupid reason to want to get rid of Whaley in the first place. Like at how many Qbs Seattle had before Wilson (trade for Whitehurst, Jackson, Matt Flynn big FA deal). It's so hard to find a qb so you are going to make some mistakes along the way.

We're on the same page. GM's don't always pick perfectly. Unlike the guys before him I have liked a lot of Whaleys picks. Definitely willing to stick with him. I said it in another thread but if Shaq played all year and Ragland wasn't lost for the year I think ppl would be talking differently about his drafts.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We're on the same page. GM's don't always pick perfectly. Unlike the guys before him I have liked a lot of Whaleys picks. Definitely willing to stick with him. I said it in another thread but if Shaq played all year and Ragland wasn't lost for the year I think ppl would be talking differently about his drafts.

Agree and he needs to draft another qb. If this team gets a true franchise qb, he will be viewed as one of the best GMs in the NFL.

As much of science people make it in finding a qb, sometimes it's just dumb luck like Brady in the 6th; Dak in the 4th; Wilson in the 3rd; or Romo not even being drafted.

I think Whaley escapes too much blame. A GM trading up in the deepest WR draft in maybe history, that's a guy who doesnt know what hes doing. EJ and Jones seem the like same guy and similar to TT. in passing abilities I read the CBS scouting report yesterday on Jones and it was more of the same. Locks onto his first read, doesn't go through his progressions. bails on plays, immature. Doesnt give me a lot of confidence in what we have in him. Whaley doesnt seem to have a plan B if QB doesnt work out. Marrone saw it and they quickly signed Orton, Rex wanted TT to come in. Whaley places too much value on the size and not enough on the passing abilities when scouting QBs. Im ready to move on from Whaley. Without the QB it isnt going to happen and Whaley has shown me he's not the guy to find one.

The whole deepest receiver class in history is such 20-20 hindsight. Because of Mettneberger (a popular guy here), Landry and ODB weren't close to what they have become in college. There is zero way an honest person would admit they thought ODB would do this. Sammy was far and away the best prospect in that draft. And the guy that was closest to him, Mike Evans (who I wanted), would have been gone at the Bills original draft position.

I'd have a problem if Whaley traded up and that player was a bust but Sammy is a legitimate wr. I just don't feel like he's missing on players in the early rounds. GM's before him were and it was extremely frustrating.

The whole deepest receiver class in history is such 20-20 hindsight. Because of Mettneberger (a popular guy here), Landry and ODB weren't close to what they have become in college. There is zero way an honest person would admit they thought ODB would do this. Sammy was far and away the best prospect in that draft. And the guy that was closest to him, Mike Evans (who I wanted), would have been gone at the Bills original draft position.

I really liked Evans

What you wrote if just flat out wrong. That draft was touted as being loaded at WR.

That's fair but it's a stupid reason to want to get rid of Whaley in the first place. Like at how many Qbs Seattle had before Wilson (trade for Whitehurst, Jackson, Matt Flynn big FA deal). It's so hard to find a qb so you are going to make some mistakes along the way.

Whaley has had plenty of chances and has failed. He is the cancer on this team, cut him today.

I don't remember hearing about NE fans before Brady. :)

But Rex inherited a 9-7 team that started Kyle Orton and EJ and had the #4 defense. Clearly, Whaley is the problem.

Lol hey it's been 16 years now! For some that's all they have known, not everyone was alive see Tony Eason or even remember Missin Sisson lol.

What you said about the D is very true, and without hitting it in the Draft for a QB the Bills kind of stuck in the middle.

Lol hey it's been 16 years now! For some that's all they have known, not everyone was alive see Tony Eason or even remember Missin Sisson lol.

What you said about the D is very true, and without hitting it in the Draft for a QB the Bills kind of stuck in the middle.

Don't worry, Brady is almost done. Then you can join us in misery! :)

If we could trade the Pats* for the Browns, life would be easier.

Yes, ridiculous, but this opens him up to the advantage of hindsight. Any idiot can say take Brady before the 6th, or Dak before the 4th.

Yup, oh well. I totally understand the frustrations from Bills fans. Its been way too long since they have been relevant. I believe that there is a lot of talent on the team that needs to be utilized. Safety needs to be addressed and Qb if possible. Bottom line is as a team we are scoring points but not stopping ppl from scoring. The d needs to be addressed.

Yup, oh well. I totally understand the frustrations from Bills fans. Its been way too long since they have been relevant. I believe that there is a lot of talent on the team that needs to be utilized. Safety needs to be addressed and Qb if possible. Bottom line is as a team we are scoring points but not stopping ppl from scoring. The d needs to be addressed.

Points scored doesn't paint the entire picture. How many times do we see this team go 3 and out? If you look at our schedule, on paper a lot of the games appear to be close but most of those games were over in the 3rd quarter with the exception of the Ravens and Seahawks.

Whaley's move up to get a WR when there were three or four of equal talent available was his fatal flaw, Since then, he picked an injured, iffy DE instead of Paxton Lynch, and then picked a slower than rush-hour traffic linebacker in the second round, who promptly got injured. Oh, he thought Manuel was a franchise QB.

The man has bungled all the top choices. He's had his chance and he screwed it up. Drain the swamp, Pegleg.

Whaley has not been perfect but has been good:

-didn't like the Sammy trade (screamed in joy at BWW because i thought he was picking Mack, then got pissed when they called Sammy)

- Whaley gave Rex his players last year: TT, Lawson, Ragland have Rex all over them

Rex runs an over complicated mediocre defense on a loose ship team. That won't change.

Whaley stays, Rex goes

Edited by Robert Paulson

Whaley has not been perfect but has been good:

-didn't like the Sammy trade (screamed in joy at BWW because i thought he was picking Mack, then got passed when they called Sammy)

- Whaley gave Rex his players last year: TT, Lawson, Ragland have Rex all over them

Rex runs an over complicated mediocre defense on a loose ship team. That won't change.

Whaley stays, Rex goes

What superior talent has Whaley drafted in the time he has been with the Bills? His draft picks and free agency signing are average to poor with a few good decisions sprinkled in. He's the definition of mediocre and that is why he needs to go as well.

Not true. Plenty of folks here wanted the Bills to not panic, stay put, and take Beckham, Aaron Donald or Kelvin Benjamin. At any rate, the "20-20 hindsight" argument is ridiculous. Of course GMs have to be evaluated in hindsight. It's a results-oriented business, and the only thing that matters is the results obtained, not whether Mel Kiper, 4 out of five experts, or TSW agreed with the move at the time it was made. The Sammy trade was the biggest deal of Whaley's career and after three years, it looks like it was a huge mistake. Pretty hard to dispute that.

Not true. Plenty of folks here wanted the Bills to not panic, stay put, and take Beckham, Aaron Donald or Kelvin Benjamin. At any rate, the "20-20 hindsight" argument is ridiculous. Of course GMs have to be evaluated in hindsight. It's a results-oriented business, and the only thing that matters is the results obtained, not whether Mel Kiper, 4 out of five experts, or TSW agreed with the move at the time it was made. The Sammy trade was the biggest deal of Whaley's career and after three years, it looks like it was a huge mistake. Pretty hard to dispute that.

Don't disagree but with better health (a giant concern) with a better qb, he's a top 5 wr. No one questions Julio Jones' trade.