Rex Ryan vs Doug Whaley.

ChanOverChin

Don't disagree but with better health (a giant concern) with a better qb, he's a top 5 wr. No one questions Julio Jones' trade.

You're right; it's possible that Sammy will turn into a superstar and outshine ODB (just in time to become a FA), but three years in, it looks like Sammy is and will be just a talented, frequently injured, underutilized player who won't live up to his draft billing. Certainly not a bust, but a disappointment just the same. This was Whaley's signature move as GM and he deserves to be judged harshly for it. Edited by mannc

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right; it's possible that Sammy will turn into a superstar and outshine ODB (just in time to become a FA), but three years in, it looks like Sammy is and will be just a talented, frequently injured, underutilized player who won't live up to his draft billing. Certainly not a bust, but a disappointment just the same. This was Whaley's signature move as GM and he deserves to be judged harshly for it.

Can't argue this at all. I wish he would have stayed healthy.

It almost makes me believe DW didn't have a ton of say on the head coach selections. He wanted EJ to play with Sammy and Marrone benched him. He also probably isn't thrilled that we run a high school offense where Sammy has to complain about getting targeted enough.

Sammy might be one of the biggest misopportunites in Bills' history. Dude is super talented.

What superior talent has Whaley drafted in the time he has been with the Bills? His draft picks and free agency signing are average to poor with a few good decisions sprinkled in. He's the definition of mediocre and that is why he needs to go as well.

Again- not perfect but good. It takes 3 years to truly evaluate a draft so we are starting to get that info. He has bone headed moves like everyone else: ex. Percy Harvin 2x but not sure if that was Rex again.

My unscientific grades:

Drafts are a C+ so far

Trades A

F.A. B+

Edited by Robert Paulson