Shaq Lawson - let's do this

Dragonborn10

Yup. Lot's of myopia in this thread. Lawson wasn't only picked because Bills cut Mario. He was a wise pick because Bills lost Mario and Kyle is playing on borrowed time. To get a quality DL with the 19th pick isn't a stupid drafting strategy.

Um, I'd be fine with a Shaun Ellis. Your myopia comment better not be directed at... wait what was the question? I like grapes.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Um, I'd be fine with a Shaun Ellis. Your myopia comment better not be directed at... wait what was the question? I like grapes.

It's the ongoing debate of drafting for need vs BPA. I think it this case, Shaq was a bit of both. Getting an athletic versatile lineman with a decent upside isn't a stupid strategy. You'll always have a lower probability of getting a stud at #19, and to me Shaq was the safe choice. I think it's riskier to gamble on a project with a big ceiling in that spot, unless it's for a QB.

It's the ongoing debate of drafting for need vs BPA. I think it this case, Shaq was a bit of both. Getting an athletic versatile lineman with a decent upside isn't a stupid strategy. You'll always have a lower probability of getting a stud at #19, and to me Shaq was the safe choice. I think it's riskier to gamble on a project with a big ceiling in that spot, unless it's for a QB.

Safe choices don't make difference makers in the 1st round.

Zack Martin, OG Dallas Cowboys is just one example of how very wrong you are.

Lol, replace Zack with La'el Collins and that team doesn't miss a beat.

Does Greg Robinson prove me wrong? How about Jake Fisher? Chance Warmack? The other 100 linemen who are solid at best in the first round?

Edited by jmc12290

Lol, replace Zack with La'el Collins and that team doesn't miss a beat.

Does Greg Robinson prove me wrong? How about Jake Fisher? Chance Warmack? The other 100 linemen who are solid at best in the first round?

Throw out however many names you'd like. Martin refutes your point.

Quick, name the difference makers who were picked after #18 this year.

That is part of the issue here - I had Shaq as a top 10 talent and I am not backing away from that... but those that didn't want him because he was not an elite playmaker - who did they want? Treadwell? Doctson? Artie Burns?

Dark.

Will Fuller.

Fuller's performance has been very pedestrian after the first two games of the year, and he wouldn't have fit the need for a bigger WR that Bills are looking for to complement Sammy. In a sense, Fuller's spot in Buffalo would have been the same complementary role that Shaq is playing, but certainly not a difference maker.

Fuller's performance has been very pedestrian after the first two games of the year, and he wouldn't have fit the need for a bigger WR that Bills are looking for to complement Sammy. In a sense, Fuller's spot in Buffalo would have been the same complementary role that Shaq is playing, but certainly not a difference maker.

Personally I dont get the complaining over Shaq Lawson.....his projects (if he had played a full season) are not that bad for a rookie

except Fuller would've played more than a quarter of our meaningful games, but fair enough. And I contend with our injuries, we didn't need a guy to complement Sammy as much as a talented WR out there to play over bums. And in that sense, the cream would've risen to the top.

There's always Michael Thomas, if you're looking for a big WR.

Personally I dont get the complaining over Shaq Lawson.....his projects (if he had played a full season) are not that bad for a rookie

Projections mean nothing.

Fuller isn't having a good season statistically. He has a 47.7 percent catch rate, which is absolute bottom of the barrel.

That's true. I don't like the way the Texans are using him. He can get open downfield, with speed. Seems like a perfect compliment to Hopkins (or Watkins). I'm going to blame their QB issues for his lack of performance - I think he'd be a good fit on this Bills team based on his skillset.

That said, I wanted Myles Jack at 19, and then in Round 2.