POTUS Vows Action Against Russia's Hacking

If there is proof Trump was in on a cover up you have something. If not you're comparing apples to hammers.

Nope. Just supposition.

There is proof enough to warrant an investigation. Trump sent one of his minions to Moscow to meet with Putin. This issue is so serious that fact needs to be explored.

I hope they investigate it. After Monday.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/09/the-mystery-of-trumps-man-in-moscow-214283

It's also strange that the most pro Russian, pro-Putin candidate ever is getting helped by crimes to get him elected. The coincidences, if that's what they are, are enough to go forward with a criminal investigation. The Trump presidency might be swirling in the bowl before he even is sworn in

There is proof enough to warrant an investigation. Trump sent one of his minions to Moscow to meet with Putin. This issue is so serious that fact needs to be explored.

I don't have a problem with that. I do think it's idiotic to compare this to Watergate at this point.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/09/the-mystery-of-trumps-man-in-moscow-214283

It's also strange that the most pro Russian, pro-Putin candidate ever is getting helped by crimes to get him elected. The coincidences, if that's what they are, are enough to go forward with a criminal investigation. The Trump presidency might be swirling in the bowl before he even is sworn in

Wow, next thing you kow Trump'll have a Foundation and foreign leaders will be making contributions in hopes of currying favors, eh?

POTUS stated that the US will respond appropriately to Russia's computer incursions when the time is right. I presume that will mean after he's shaken the dust of 1600 PA Avenue from his trousers. When he finally vacates, will his lines in the sand still be there? Of course, technology permits drawing a virtual line in the sand, so all should be well wherever he goes.

JOHN HINDERAKER: All of a sudden, Democrats are worried about Russia?

Barack Obama has spent the last eight years resisting the idea that Russia is an adversary of the United States. First we had the “reset”; next the cancellation of the Eastern European missile shield; then
we had Obama assuring President Medvedev that he would be able to give away the store, but the Russians would need to wait for his second term; and
then the presidential debate where Obama mocked Mitt Romney’s statement that Russia is our number one geopolitical rival by saying that the 1980s called, and they want their foreign policy back. In between, we had a foreign policy that was supine in the face of Russian aggression in Crimea and Ukraine.

Now, in a typically head-snapping 180-degree turnabout, Obama and his fellow Democrats portray Republicans as soft on
Communism
Russia. It’s a throwback to the 1970s, but with the parties’ roles reversed. . . .

This is what I don’t understand: in Octob
er 2014, the Russian government hacked into both the White House’s and the State Department’s computer systems. For an unknown period of time, weeks if not months, the Russians were reading White House and State Department emails–a far more significant security breach than the accounts of Debbie Wasserman Schultz and John Podesta. The
Obama administration never did discover that its communications had been compromised, but an ally (I suspect it was Israel) alerted the administration to the Russian intrusion. The White House’s computer system was down for weeks while experts tried to deal with the Russian hack and improve security.

What was President Obama’s reaction to this hack, which could reasonably be seen as an act of war? There was none, apparently. The administration downplayed the significance of the intrusion. The Russian government had been reading White House and State Department emails? No big deal! The liberal press followed suit. The newspapers that are now hysterical about the alleged Russian hacking of Wasserman Schultz’s email account dutifully kept quiet about what happened in the White House and the State Department. It
doesn’t take a genius to figure out that Democratic Party newspapers like the Washington Post and the New York Times remained silent because the midterm election was just a few weeks away, and the story reflected badly on the Obama administration

Threats to U.S. national security are no big deal. But costing the Democrats power, well, that’s serious!

I cautiously propose I'd rather have a relatively pro-Putin/Russia POTUS than one who is pro-Khomeini/Iran. Why ever do we kowtow (aplogies for mixing continent comments here) to a regime that has hated us/our way of life for years, but really turned up the rhetoric AFTER we made an agreement with them that results in our giving them what they wanted all along, plus beau coup saddle bags of money. I'm quite sure the phrase "You are our enemies, we will destroy you" doesn't translate to thanks a lot.

Sail On, Oh Ship of State.

My how the Dems have "progressed" from, "Mitt, the 80's called and wants its foreign policy back," through a "reset" (sic) it actually said "overload" button, to now they see Vlad the Impaler is the most evil tyrant the world has ever seen and he won't even let us topple Asad. Oh, the horror!

I expect that the current POTUS will, following the events of 1/20/17, propose various and sundry keen insights and rapier-like proposals for resolving most if not all the issues that merely festered when he was in the driver's seat. Recall his recent statement that he'd reflect on various issues rather than sit back once out of office. (No chortling from those of you who propose he's been "out of office" for quite some time.)

I expect that the current POTUS will, following the events of 1/20/17, propose various and sundry keen insights and rapier-like proposals for resolving most if not all the issues that merely festered when he was in the driver's seat. Recall his recent statement that he'd reflect on various issues rather than sit back once out of office. (No chortling from those of you who propose he's been "out of office" for quite some time.)

And of course the media, who love him, and the celebrities, who love him even more, will continue to keep him front and center. He's not fading away like Bush did.

OBAMA ENDS WITH A WHIMPER: Michael Goodwin is having fun.

So this is how it ends — in a whimper wrapped in self-pity and recriminations. With President Obama on the defensive at his final press conference and Hillary Clinton’s last campaign event resembling a wake, the Democratic Party is limping off the stage and into the political winter.

It was supposed to sit atop the national power pyramid for decades, a new paradigm of liberals, progressives, the young, the old, the unions and blacks, Latinos, Muslims and Asians.

The torch would be passed from Obama to Clinton, a liberal Supreme Court would vastly expand executive power and the regulatory state would enforce climate-change orthodoxy on all industry and elitist dictates on every American. Globalism would be the new patriotism.

But a funny thing happened on the way to one-party dominance:

The people who work for a living said no, hell no.

Their revolt brings Donald Trump to the White House amid hopes of a revival of the economy and of the American spirit.

Maybe Putin's strategy in Syria isn't as foolproof as his defenders like to point out. Open season on diplomats in art galleries.

Russia’s envoy to Turkey was shot and seriously wounded in Ankara during a gallery opening at the capital, according to Turkey’s state-run Anadolu news agency.

Turkish television stations broadcast a photograph showing Ambassador Andrei Karlov splayed on the floor by a podium, with a man in a suit holding a handgun behind him.

The assailant shot numerous times at the Russian envoy, and didn’t target anyone else, said Hasim Kilic, an Ankara reporter for Hurriyet newspaper, during a live broadcast on CNN Turk. The person shouted something about Aleppo, he said. A cease-fire deal brokered by Russia and Turkey helped clear the way for a continuing evacuation of rebel held areas of the Syrian city.