IF Rex was willing to only be the head coach....

Virgil

For the sake of continuity, would you keep Rex if he was willing to abandon his defense and bringing a new defensive coordinator? Someone who runs a 4-3, or something where it's their show.

Basically, he would be just the head coach.

I don't know how often this happens, where the head coach has no major influence or either side of the ball, but it's the only thing I can think of that would possibly allow him to stay.

For the sake of continuity, would you keep Rex if he was willing to abandon his defense and bringing a new defensive coordinator? Someone who runs a 4-3, or something where it's their show.

I don't know how often this happens, where the head coach has no major influence or either side of the ball, but it's the only thing I can think of that would possibly allow him to stay.

I don't think its necessarily 4-3 or 3-4. We have some solid 1-gap players, and are playing a 2-gap system. It's too run focused, and struggles to generate pass rushes on 1st and 2nd down.

Nope. Cos his issues run way beyond an antiquated defense. He is way too disorganized, doesnt have attention to detail and too inflexible to cut it as a HC. IMHO, he is done as a HC in this league.

Get rid of Rex and keep Lynn as HC. That gives a degree of the continuity that the Pegulas desire. Hire a competent DC and move on. There is enough talent on this team to be a playoff team. They are just poorly coached.

I like this year's version of Rex Ryan as he has kept his mouth shut and his foot out of it most of the time. That could all change as soon as this team wins the next three games against bad teams or should I say teams with not so good QB's.

Like Dr Doom said, he had his chance with the #4 defense on a 9-7 team and did some things right and a lot of things wrong for a 7th year HC who was in his second NFL head coaching stint!

Rex did find a starting QB and brought in the first all pro-OG this team has seen since Ruben Brown and really wanted to sign another in La'el Collins who signed with Dallas instead. What we don't know is how much effort Doug Whaley put into landing Collins because those two players could have elevated this offensive line to the heights of the early 90's. This was the good stuff.

The bad stuff was his big mouth and he kept stuffing his foot in it almost every week taunting opposing teams in various ways in his first year in Buffalo. Ruining a great defense in an attempt to fit an outdated scheme on players that didn't fit his scheme. That defense going from first in the NFL in sacks with 3 of the 4 players making the pro bowl in 2014 to none making the pro bowl and 31st in sacks under Rex Ryan.

Many, Many Penalties on both sides of the ball. Miscommunication between players on defense so they looked out of position when the ball was snapped. Late play calls and late substitutions on the defense as Rex was the one calling the plays. The coaching staff putting in what looked like very little game planning effort on any team outside of the division in many games.

Both years under Rex Ryan his supposed defensive genius mind has allowed his defense to set franchise-worst records for the Buffalo Bills. Against Tom Brady in week two in 2015 with a fully healthy team! The Bills allowed a franchise-worst 466 yards passing and 3 TDs. Those yards are the most by any single passer against a Bills defense in the 46-year history of being in the NFL. And the next franchise-worst was against the Steelers on Sunday when his defense allowed a Buffalo Bills franchise-worst 236 yards, 3 TDs to Le'Veon Bell which BTW was also Steelers franchise best.

Things aren't going to get any better under Rex Ryan unless his teams can play a full 16 games against bad teams or teams with bad QB's. Expect the Bills to win the next three games and attitudes around here will turn 180 degrees and he stays for 2017.

How would this be better? he's still a bad head coach