If Garoppolo is available for trade, would ya and for what?

YoloinOhio

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lmao except if McDaniels gets a HC job (which all reports say he is going to get) it would be just like that. He would be trading for a QB he knows and knows his system already and PROVED he could run his system. Say hypothetically he lands in Jacksonville, would it not be in his best interest to send hit top 5 pick in the second round and say a 4th TD pick for a QB he knows would work in his style of Offense? I say that's the easiest trade ever! Hell I bet he even give up his 1st and say a 6th for him... Edited by PatsFanNH

New England wants a 1st and a 4th. It's Rob Johnson all over again!

Rework TT's contracts. Instead of 27 million in guaranteed money, give him 12 and allow him to make 15 million more in incentives. Those incentives can't be easy but some have to be reachable.

This way you can keep working with Cardale Jones until you feel he's ready.

New England wants a 1st and a 4th. It's Rob Johnson all over again!

Rework TT's contracts. Instead of 27 million in guaranteed money, give him 12 and allow him to make 15 million more in incentives. Those incentives can't be easy but some have to be reachable.

This way you can keep working with Cardale Jones until you feel he's ready.

That's the asking price. That's like not buying a car because the sticker says $40k but you only want pay $35k. No team starts low and goes higher, you start high and negotiate down.

Like I said I don't see atrade happening tillJosh moves on to a HC gig. Let's be honest for a team who hires HIM as the HC it makes the most sense to trade for Jimmy G. as we all know he works well in Josh system of O he will bring with him.

I'm bullish on the first pick of the 2nd round from Cleveland going to anew England for Jimmy G (and maybe another mid to late rounder).

I think that would work. I have a feeling BB will hold out till Josh has moved on to a HC gig or decides to stay before making any trade. But ya clevelands 2nd and say there 5th would def work! (It's pretty much a late 1st and late 4th pick lol)

I think that would work. I have a feeling BB will hold out till Josh has moved on to a HC gig or decides to stay before making any trade. But ya clevelands 2nd and say there 5th would def work! (It's pretty much a late 1st and late 4th pick lol)

That is about what I think. I expect Josh to move on this year but even if he doesn't Jimmy G's value won't be higher sitting on the bench. This is the Pats chance to get a nice return.

That pick plus New England's first will give them the ammo to move up for someone like McCaffrey or Cook.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

That is about what I think. I expect Josh to move on this year but even if he doesn't Jimmy G's value won't be higher sitting on the bench. This is the Pats chance to get a nice return.

I agree, but as the talking heads say up here it also depends if they see him as Brady heir apparent and want sight him long term. (Brady's contract is so team friendly that they could sight Jimmy G to a similar one and be about the league average.)

I agree, but as the talking heads say up here it also depends if they see him as Brady heir apparent and want sight him long term. (Brady's contract is so team friendly that they could sight Jimmy G to a similar one and be about the league average.)

I agree with this. If the Pats are comfortable committing $13M+ to Jimmy G (the rumor of what Glennon will get) more power to them. That would be bold but they have never been afraid to be bold.

• 1 month later...

The Bears have the best chance of landing Patriots backup quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo, according to new odds posted by BookMaker.eu

http://www.sportsline.com/insiders/25773626/chicago-bears-favored-to-land-qb-jimmy-garoppolo/

• CHICAGO BEARS +150 (risk $100 to win $150)
  • NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS +250 (risk $100 to win $250)

Obviously bookies have factored in possibility that Br*dy will be caught cheating again and NE Cheats keeps him in case they need him to bail them out.

• SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS +1250 (risk $100 to win $1250)
  • CLEVELAND BROWNS +1500 (risk $100 to win $1500)
  • NEW YORK JETS +2000 (risk $100 to win $2000)
  • HOUSTON TEXANS +2500 (risk $100 to win $2500)
  • DENVER BRONCOS +3000 (risk $100 to win $3000)
  • FIELD -125 (risk $125 to win $100)

Belichik won't trade him in division so Jets are out. I think the Bears and SF are bigger possibilities than Cleveland because Belichik will prefer him in the NFC. Browns still have a shot since they have so much collateral. He's from Chicago I think, so might love to go there.

This is a long well done setup.

The Hoodie's Mr Adams has gone above and beyond to dangle this QB.

Once Grappoler gets here he infiltrates the system. makes hisself at homes . buddy buddies up to Kim. and back doors his way into the hearts and minds.

We make it to the AFC Championship. Coming in off a very strong season we look dominate at home for the game.

Ahead in the 4th qtr. Ernie puts the cue words over the PA at the stadium vai Jim Nances corpse.

Garapolos self immolates ( catches on fire ) and the game is stopped.

Refs call it another Patriots win as the Bills are unable to field enough players from secondary burns and have to tap out.

Another SB record for the Pats for tap outs from be burned.

Bill and Marsha retire while being skyhooked from a led zeppelin that appears from nowhere over The Cap and disappears just as quickly.
say no to Jimmies super clone

Ok, I will update my thoughts on this as I originally thought that the Pats would never be willing to bank on Brady being the first to truly delay Father Time more than anyone in history. Recent stories suggest the Pats feel confident in getting 3 to even 5 more years out of Brady which really surprised me. As an organization that has always proved to be willing to let a player go just before their ability drops off, I never expected them to want to commit to Brady so deep into 40.

But, seems I was wrong on that assessment given the recent talks about extending him 3 to 5 years. So, with that new tidbit, it would makes sense for the Pats to trade Jimmy even if they do like his future potential. I feel like if the Pats see Jimmy as a guy who can be a franchise guy for the next 10 years, that any trade would cost Buffalo a lot more than another team given its in the same division. But then again, who knows, maybe they don't think Jimmy is that kind of guy and may want to saddle the Bills with him for cheaper lmao.

Personally, I do like Jimmy's upside, but I don't know that I would give up a lot for him based on a short resume. Rarely has that worked out with these types of situations. The fact that the Browns have a lot of ammo, and the Bears are rumored to want him too, I think his price tag will be too expensive to really consider making a trade for him if I am Whaley.

I think this also goes to show that this draft class QB group is not seen as very sexy or appealing considering the Bears and Browns can easily land one of the top QB's in the draft this year but seem more willing to spend a lot more for a guy like Jimmy that has less than 2 games on his resume.

Do you think Beelichick woud allow a quality player to go to an AFC rival, such as the Jets or even Bills?

I dont, and if they were to consider it, I think the price would be much higher for an AFC East team, even an AFC team in general, if they think a lot of Jimmy. They could also feel Jimmy doesnt have it and prefer to trade rape an AFC East rival for him...so there is that too. With 2 teams like Cleveland and Chicago seemingly wanting him and having more valuable assets and ammunition, it would appear the only way we would be able to trade for him is if we gave up a bounty, or the Pats think he wont be any good and want to take our assets and saddle us with a guy who wont take us anywhere.

Stay away from this trade Buffalo

I dont, and if they were to consider it, I think the price would be much higher for an AFC East team, even an AFC team in general, if they think a lot of Jimmy. They could also feel Jimmy doesnt have it and prefer to trade rape an AFC East rival for him...so there is that too. With 2 teams like Cleveland and Chicago seemingly wanting him and having more valuable assets and ammunition, it would appear the only way we would be able to trade for him is if we gave up a bounty, or the Pats think he wont be any good and want to take our assets and saddle us with a guy who wont take us anywhere.

Not that I'd want him but Bills could make a deal with another team for them to trade for him and then have that team trade the player's rights to Bills as long as the cost out of division/conference was different enough to pay for assisting Bills. But no to trade for him for outside their system and their spying department he would just be another Cassel.

This might be just one of the ways Beelezichick maintains his dominance.

I would not touch garafolo with a ten foot pole if he was offered up for Buffalo to grab.

icky