The Manchurian Candidate

Tiberius

Well, we live in a Republic, not a democracy, so...

Please enlighten us: what is the distinct feature of a republic, when compared to a democracy, which prescribes that an intelligence agency, at political odds with another intelligence agency, attempts to invalidate the results of an election?

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Please enlighten us: what is the distinct feature of a republic, when compared to a democracy, which prescribes that an intelligence agency, at political odds with another intelligence agency, attempts to invalidate the results of an election?

do you know how awesome it would be to live in a democracy right now with trump being elected? We could deport gatorlybob right now. We the majority can simply overtake everything about the lesser

The Electoral College. They are free to do what they please

The Electoral College. They are free to do what they please

Again, what is the distinct feature of a republic, when compared to a democracy, which prescribes that an intelligence agency, at political odds with another intelligence agency, attempts to invalidate the results of an election?

Again, what is the distinct feature of a republic, when compared to a democracy, which prescribes that an intelligence agency, at political odds with another intelligence agency, attempts to invalidate the results of an election?

He can barely read your sentence let alone answer it.

Like I said, the EC. Of course there was not set of limitations placed upon what would sway the EC's vote, whether it was the media, popular opinion or the opinion of a government agency. If the EC wanted to vote Hillary in, they can. Are not Republics grand? :)

He can barely read your sentence let alone answer it.

Oh boy, the "journalism" guy has spoken. You think you are smarter than me? :lol:

Like I said, the EC. Of course there was not set of limitations placed upon what would sway the EC's vote, whether it was the media, popular opinion or the opinion of a government agency. If the EC wanted to vote Hillary in, they can. Are not Republics grand?

I'm going to attempt to clarify this for you with an allegory:

I asked you, "When was 13th Amendment was ratified, and who proclaimed it's adoption?"

You answered "The letter 9"

I'm going to attempt to clarify this for you with an allegory:

I asked you, "When was 13th Amendment was ratified, and who proclaimed it's adoption?"

You answered "The letter 9"

Not sure what needs clarified. Not sure why you are upset, your boy will win anyway

Not sure what needs clarified. Not sure why you are upset, your boy will win anyway

The CIA, or at least some of it's current and/or former operatives, are suggesting that the election should be decertified. They are doing this in opposition to the FBI, who actually has the apparatus to investigate cyber crime, while they do not.

None of this has anything to do with the Electoral College, unless of course you believe that our intelligence agencies have legitimate standing to tamper with our election process.

That's what needed clarification.

HJsxpBoQ_bigger.jpgSam SteinVerified account @samsteinhp 18h18 hours ago

Harry Reid tells us the Trump campaign ‘was in on’ Russia’s election hacking http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/harry-reid-russia-donald-trump_us_584f0df0e4b0e05aded537cd?6e134pod9rxktvs4i

Hey HuffPo..........Might it merit a mention in this story that Reid has publicly and proudly lied about prior Republican presidential B-) candidates?

Oct 2016: These emails are a boring nothingburger which we shall ignore.

Dec 2016: These emails are the reason we lost, we need a re-vote!

:)

Edited by B-Man

Hey HuffPo..........Might it merit a mention in this story that Reid has publicly and proudly lied about prior Republican presidential B-) candidates?

Oct 2016: These emails are a boring nothingburger which we shall ignore.

Dec 2016: These emails are the reason we lost, we need a re-vote!

:)

http://freebeacon.com/politics/harry-reid-justifies-lying-about-romney-from-senate-floor-he-didnt-win-did-he/

“Let him prove that he has paid taxes, because he hasn’t,” Reid said on the Senate floor without any evidence to back his accusations.

When asked about his comments by CNN’s Dana Bash, Reid never rejected the notion his words were “McCarthyite” in nature. He admitted no wrongdoing.

“Well, they can call it whatever they want,” Reid said. “Romney didn’t win, did he?”

Reid’s approach of the ends justifying the means is sure to upset many and is likely to further propel Reid’s reputation of being a dirty politician.

The CIA, or at least some of it's current and/or former operatives, are suggesting that the election should be decertified. They are doing this in opposition to the FBI, who actually has the apparatus to investigate cyber crime, while they do not.

None of this has anything to do with the Electoral College, unless of course you believe that our intelligence agencies have legitimate standing to tamper with our election process.

That's what needed clarification.

If the EC listens to the CIA then it will matter and it will all be perfectly legal and well in bounds with our Republic to follow the democratic will and support the person that got the most votes anyway

If the EC listens to the CIA then it will matter and it will all be perfectly legal and well in bounds with our Republic to follow the democratic will and support the person that got the most votes anyway

The election has never been about getting the most overall votes. And the Russians didn't force people to vote a certain way, much less change votes.

Do you think it is the legitimate roll of the CIA to execute a coup?

If they convince EC how to vote its a coup?

What FBI did was wrong, very wrong, but not sure I'd call it a coup

The election has never been about getting the most overall votes. And the Russians didn't force people to vote a certain way, much less change votes.

I know, its about winning the vote of the EC. Which Hillary could still do, actually. All legal