RIP Joe McKnight

Normal to lose your temper, I rescind my previous statement that it is normal to act on it. You guys, sheesh.

"Us" guys?

You didn't say what you meant, we took you at your word, and your piss-poor communication is our fault? !@#$ you, !@#$ ball.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly. It isn't normal behavior. It's highly eratic and dangerously anti-social, which it why people who behave this way often get shot. Further, it's the reason that it's reasonable to shoot them.

It also isn't normal to lose your temper.

No not reasonable to shoot them. By the accounts given by LE, McKnight was outside the passenger side of the car, unarmed, while the shooter was inside the vehicle in the drivers seat. Totally unreasonable to shoot and kill a guy.

Normal to lose your temper, I rescind my previous statement that it is normal to act on it. You guys, sheesh.

So not normal behavior.

Someone that voluntarily engages in non normal behavior that has a decent chance of causing themselves or others injury (physical, monetary, or property) is a dumbass.

It's pretty simple.

No not reasonable to shoot them. By the accounts given by LE, McKnight was outside the passenger side of the car, unarmed, while the shooter was inside the vehicle in the drivers seat. Totally unreasonable to shoot and kill a guy.

Very reasonable to shoot someone acting violently and erratically who is in the process of confronting you with what appears to be the intention of doing you physical harm. Whether they appear to be armed or not has nothing to do with it. The person being threatened has no way of knowing this, and it's irrelevant to the point that it is reasonable to defend yourself from harm with lethal force.

Very reasonable to shoot someone acting violently and erratically who is in the process of confronting you with what appears to be the intention of doing you physical harm. Whether they appear to be armed or not has nothing to do with it. The person being threatened has no way of knowing this, and it's irrelevant to the point that it is reasonable to defend yourself from harm with lethal force.

That theory does not work in a "stand your ground" or a "self defense " case. McKnight was not a credible lethal threat to the shooter.

That theory does not work in a "stand your ground" or a "self defense " case. McKnight was not a credible lethal threat to the shooter.

Credible to whom, exactly? Clearly the person under threat of assault, being violently confronted by the assailant thought so.

You don't need to wait until someone draws a weapon, which you may or may not know they have, or wait until actual physical violence is being done to you before you multiply your force, and put an end to the threat.

Bottom line, don't engage in violent anti-social behavior if you don't want reasonable people to shoot you.

No one is under obligation to endure a beating simply because you want them to.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

I know what a bunch of !@#$s for taking something someone said to mean what they feel. How could we be so !@#$ing stupid. :wallbash:

I do appreciate your retraction however.

Let me just say this. Have you ever been is a situation where you lost your temper? Maybe been in a confrontation with another person in which things got heated? Tempers flaring? Maybe yelling back and forth? Now imagine you are shot 4 or 5 times and killed for it. Dumbass ? That is a bit much.

Hell yeah I have. 3 trucks full of rednecks after the Miami game wouldnt let me back in to my driveway. I grabbed a steel rod and they all got out of their vehicles, one grabbed an axe, but each stopped short of coming any closer.

If I was shot id have been a dumbass. I was a dumbass. but as soon as they backed up they then sped around me and flipped the double tall man. I have one back they stopped and I was already out of my vehicle ready to go inside...

Again, I had no idea who the dumb!@#$s were. Nor do I care. If I had been dating the girl a few girls at shed have shot them down.

Yes. He is a dumbass. I was a dumbass. And youre a dumbass we are all dumbasses

Edited by Boyst62

I guess, if you can't see how easy it is to be put in a similar situation then what is the point of discussing it? Bottom line is a man, not a thug, not a drug dealing punk, but, by all accounts, a good man is dead.

Why do we believe he was a good guy? Why are we believing he a good man? Because family and friends said so? I mean, my family and 3 friends would say nice things about me. But I'm a !@#$ing !@#$. I'm a dick. I made an old lady at work cry today and gave no *****.

And one day when im dead from being shot by some punk for running my mouth I expect the defense attorney to be reading this in court. In which case, I hope he realizes I identify as a black teen with my hands up who can't breath and who takes fill advantage of white privilege and being a conformist male

Fine. On behalf of everyone here, I apologize for our inability to speak fluent potato head.

Where is exiled anyway?

What about when a teenaged kid is attacking a man violently beatingnhim? Can he shoot the teen?

Sheesh what? Don't spew intellectually lazy bullsh-- and you won't be called out for doing so. This is what pisses me off about the PPP-phobia on this site. All are welcome here, but you need to check the facebook crowd-pleasing soundbites at the door.

The ability to control basic emotions is one of the key things that differentiates animal and human. No one is claiming McKnight "deserved" to die, but if he contributed to his own death by his actions, it's a shame but that's on him.

Sheesh what? Don't spew intellectually lazy bullsh-- and you won't be called out for doing so. This is what pisses me off about the PPP-phobia on this site. All are welcome here, but you need to check the facebook crowd-pleasing soundbites at the door.

The ability to control basic emotions is one of the key things that differentiates animal and human. No one is claiming McKnight "deserved" to die, but if he contributed to his own death by his actions, it's a shame but that's on him.

I did question it. I m concerned with his obvious direct actions causing his own death.

Bottom line, death is never something that should be doled out by man. But when it comes down to it I an 89 yr old Inuit woman makes a physical move which threatens my life from her wheel chair than if I owned a gun and carried it. I have every right to defend myself.

Oh I know, your beef was that McKnight deserved to be shot because he was a dumb ass.

How thick are you? No one has said, or even suggested that.

It's tragic that he was shot, but his own choices and actions caused his shooting. This doesn't mean that he deserved it, it just means that the shooter is blameless.