How Many Times ...

Gugny

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nearly every passing play it seems. As a fan, I have the internal clock going. After 3 seconds in the pocket, that ball needs to be out of his hand unless he's going for it all. Way too often after 4 or 5 seconds he's either getting sacked, chased out of bounds for a loss, or throwing a dump off to a stationary target who gets killed after the catch. Losing yards because he cannot throw the ball away is completely inexcusable.

Even when he makes the right reads he's still a half second behind which is why our WRs have about 5 total yards after the catch on the season. I like the guy, but I don't see any progress this year.

Yeah, it's been beaten into the ground, but he very rarely throws with any real anticipation outside of his designated first read. Even then, it's often inaccurate giving less of a chance for YAC.

I really like TT, he seems like a legit good dude. I feel crappy thinking this, but I can't help think he's got some of his agents words trapped inside his head. From an agent's perspective, it's a lot easier to win a PR battle and spin his low turnovers as a positive. I'm sure he's got his argument all set when it comes time for the Bills to decide his fate this off-season. He's probably told Tyrod this.

While you are absolutely correct and it makes it hard to criticize too badly... it could have very well been 42 points in yesterday's game. And winning points in a couple of our losses.

Tyrod doesnt give the ball away much, which is great, but he also leaves a ton of points on the field by not throwing in rhythm and not throwing guys open.

The O'Leary missed play is a perfect example. If Tyrod throws that ball in the rhythm of the play, it's 6 points. Instead he hesitates by half a second, still throws it to the correct spot, but since he waited the throw is behind O'Leary and incomplete. That ball should have already been in the air for O'Leary to run to. This has been an issue since last season and unfortunately Tyrod has shown no improvement with anticipating, throwing to spots, and throwing guys open. He still waits for the receiver to come completely open first, and then it is too late.

This...in a nutshell. I love his ability to scamper and score points on his own, but better defenses will be able to catch him (we saw a glimpse of that yesterday with fast LB's). He needs to improve on the "traditional pocket passer" model which means he has to throw to a spot, trust that his receiver will be there, throw downfield for flags (he did that yesterday to Sammy and it worked) and improve accuracy (miss on O'Leary throw and checkdown to Clay).

I like Tyrod as a person (hard worker, humble, quiet leader) but need to see much more development as a passing QB.

This...in a nutshell. I love his ability to scamper and score points on his own, but better defenses will be able to catch him (we saw a glimpse of that yesterday with fast LB's). He needs to improve on the "traditional pocket passer" model which means he has to throw to a spot, trust that his receiver will be there, throw downfield for flags (he did that yesterday to Sammy and it worked) and improve accuracy (miss on O'Leary throw and checkdown to Clay).

I like Tyrod as a person (hard worker, humble, quiet leader) but need to see much more development as a passing QB.

Exactly. The million dollar question, however, is: How many QBs continue to develop after 6 years in the league?

I think we've seen Tyrod's ceiling.

If Tyrod could do all the things everyone is clamoring for him to do, he'd be the perfect QB and wouldn't have been sitting behind Flacco in Baltimore. He might very well be on his way to the Hall of Fame.

But, he has those limitations and we have to live with it. Having said that, here are a few truths that his detractors fail to see or acknowledge:

1. ALL QBS MISS OPEN RECEIVERS!! We only see the all-22 of our own guy. Not that Alex Smith is the gold standard, but he missed a wide open guy who could have walked into the endzone last night. It happens to everyone.

2. They are scoring points. This is always getting overlooked. Maybe they just need a big 45 point outing to get some more credit for that.

3. The Bills are a running offense by design and he's a big part of that. He's not supposed to get to 300 yards passing.

4. Jacksonville is actually a pretty decent defense and the o-line was awful in the first half.

5. Tyrod is unconventional. He doesn't fit the mold of the regular franchise QB. Guys like him can be though, but run into problems with injuries. It will take some creative coaching and some luck with him not getting hurt, but he can be a guy to build around. Ok, this is more of an opinion that truth, but still..

Edited by QB Bills

Exactly. The million dollar question, however, is: How many QBs continue to develop after 6 years in the league?

I have always agreed with this perspective in general. But given that Tyrod rode pine in B-more under 3 different OC's, he really is just a 2nd year player who -while dramatic in college- entered the NFL as a project QB. I'm mostly dismayed that I haven't discerned noticeable improvement from last year to now..

"After six years in the league" is just so unfair and so misleading and frankly, you're better than that. He's somewhere in between a guy who was a rookie last year and a guy who's actually played for six seasons and I think most people would argue he's closer to a guy in his second year in terms of what you'd expect from him. We know you don't like him but come on already. And I'm getting frustrated with him too but I expect more from you than "after six years in the league."

If Tyrod could do all the things everyone is clamoring for him to do, he'd be the perfect QB and wouldn't have been sitting behind Flacco in Baltimore. He might very well be on his way to the Hall of Fame.

Hall of fame ? Lololol.

He beat the jags bro, take it easy. Let him catch Keenum and Simien before we talk HOF.

Try watching the games bruh. TT still 29th, trying to catch Keenum.

Without TT holding this team back we could be pretty good. Cool stories tho.

Ryan, I wish I could say the same for you but you have show that you're not better than this. Yes, because passing yardage is the only measuring stick of a QB's success. We saw it last year when he finished top 5 in YPA (the most important QB statistic) and passer rating, had a 20:6 TD:INT ratio, went 8-6 as a first year starter and yes, made a Pro Bowl appearance but you only cited his passing yardage when discussing him as if it was the only statistic that mattered. No one thinks/thought he's gonna throw for a ton of yardage- especially with easily the most depleted receiving corps in the league. And especially with the best running game in the league for two years running now.

And I'm not making excuses for him, I agree with the premise of this thread that he needs to get rid of the football. But saying he needs to catch Case Keenum as if yardage is the only stat that means anything? Again, I know you're not better than that so not a shocker there.

Hall of fame ? Lololol.

He beat the jags bro, take it easy. Let him catch Keenum and Simien before we talk HOF.

That was a continuation of the idea that if he was good at doing the things everyone seems to agree he's not good at. Obviously not as his current self.

I REMEMBER WHEN KEMP USED TO THROW THE BALL ALL OVER THE FIELD AT THE ROCKPILE AND WOULD CHEER EVEN IF HE MISSED A FEW THROWS. HE ALSO RAN THE BALL WELL. GUYS NEVER COMPAINED ABOUT BELLYACHES OR SORE THINGS. THEY JUST PLAYED THE GAME. I WOULD HAVE PLAYED TOO BUT MY CAREER CAME FIRST AND I WAS HAPPY TO SERVE IN MY LOCAL OFFICE. MANY A DAY I WOULD WATCH KEMP AND OTHERS THROW THE BALL ON A NICKEL AND i THINK BEING ABLE TO HIT A TARGET IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN RUNNING THE BALL BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT THE RECEIVERS ARE FOR.

I WATCHED THE GAME YESTERDAY AT MY FRIENDS UNIT BECAUSE HE HAS A SPLICED CABLE THAT HE PAID THE INSTALLER 20 BUCKS TO GET ALL THE GAMES HERE IN ARIZ. I YELLED THROW THE BALL 5 TIMES BUT HAD TO LEAVE AT THE THRIRD QUARTER. I'M HOPING WE WON AND i'm thinking tYROD MIGHT NOT BE THE ANSWER. I DO LIKE THAT LASHAWN AT RUNNING BACK. REMINDS ME OF ZONKA

I REMEMBER WHEN KEMP USED TO THROW THE BALL ALL OVER THE FIELD AT THE ROCKPILE AND WOULD CHEER EVEN IF HE MISSED A FEW THROWS. HE ALSO RAN THE BALL WELL. GUYS NEVER COMPAINED ABOUT BELLYACHES OR SORE THINGS. THEY JUST PLAYED THE GAME. I WOULD HAVE PLAYED TOO BUT MY CAREER CAME FIRST AND I WAS HAPPY TO SERVE IN MY LOCAL OFFICE. MANY A DAY I WOULD WATCH KEMP AND OTHERS THROW THE BALL ON A NICKEL AND i THINK BEING ABLE TO HIT A TARGET IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN RUNNING THE BALL BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT THE RECEIVERS ARE FOR.

I WATCHED THE GAME YESTERDAY AT MY FRIENDS UNIT BECAUSE HE HAS A SPLICED CABLE THAT HE PAID THE INSTALLER 20 BUCKS TO GET ALL THE GAMES HERE IN ARIZ. I YELLED THROW THE BALL 5 TIMES BUT HAD TO LEAVE AT THE THRIRD QUARTER. I'M HOPING WE WON AND i'm thinking tYROD MIGHT NOT BE THE ANSWER. I DO LIKE THAT LASHAWN AT RUNNING BACK. REMINDS ME OF ZONKA

Your windshield wipers are on, bro.

Ryan, I wish I could say the same for you but you have show that you're not better than this. Yes, because passing yardage is the only measuring stick of a QB's success. We saw it last year when he finished top 5 in YPA (the most important QB statistic) and passer rating, had a 20:6 TD:INT ratio, went 8-6 as a first year starter and yes, made a Pro Bowl appearance but you only cited his passing yardage when discussing him as if it was the only statistic that mattered. No one thinks/thought he's gonna throw for a ton of yardage- especially with easily the most depleted receiving corps in the league. And especially with the best running game in the league for two years running now.

And I'm not making excuses for him, I agree with the premise of this thread that he needs to get rid of the football. But saying he needs to catch Case Keenum as if yardage is the only stat that means anything? Again, I know you're not better than that so not a shocker there.

He should catch Keenum this week. Hope you feel better.