Hammer - did you know that this is near you?

BuffaloBud

The stadium design was flipped as to not disturb the graves. Unfortunately for the Bills, the stadium’s open end had to face east-west rather than north-south, allowing a sort of lopsided crosswind to enter the stadium that is often blamed for kickers’ and quarterbacks’ in-game blunders.

found this interesting article. i know most here, including myself already know of this, but it's an interesting read nonetheless. I guess even the Pegulas were in the dark on this, until recently.

BBC News

It's been posted, but this is definitely a clearer topic title.

I enter that gate every game. It's kind of fun to point it out to people that aren't aware. It's always a WTF moment...

If you are interested in more info:

http://www.oswego.edu/library2/archives/digitized_collections/granger/bigtree.html

https://archive.org/details/historyoftreatyo00livi

I lived off Big Tree Road in Steelton and my grandmother lived on California Road and I watched building of stadium from her property across South Branch Smoke Creek. I visited but did not disturb cemetery before stadium was built.

Searched google map and cannot recognize her property and it may have been partitioned.

It had a large pond on it which appears to be gone.

found this interesting article. i know most here, including myself already know of this, but it's an interesting read nonetheless. I guess even the Pegulas were in the dark on this, until recently.

BBC News

I find it hard to believe that the Pegulas didn't know about it. He has been to many games. I'm sure he took a tour of the property at least once. It's been talked about for a while I just can't see how no one ever brought it up to him.

So, I guess it's this square of land northeast of the stadium, closest to Gate 7?

https://goo.gl/maps/ZwoDh6WhfFL2

I have never been over there on that side of the stadium.

Yeah. Also of note: The lake where all of those teenagers disappeared is just a few hundred yards South of there and the Indian burial ground is directly under the playing field.

I find it hard to believe that the Pegulas didn't know about it. He has been to many games. I'm sure he took a tour of the property at least once. It's been talked about for a while I just can't see how no one ever brought it up to him.

according to the article, they did not

Yeah. Also of note: The lake where all of those teenagers disappeared is just a few hundred yards South of there and the Indian burial ground is directly under the playing field.

Disappeared teenagers? Don't remember that, refresh my brain.

Hammers family owned a lot of land prior to the stadium. Iirc. He knows about this. I'm sure he's mentioned it before but can't recall. Any good bills fan knows this.

He may be related to them heck, I think he's part engine, too.

Not related. Not engine but am high motor!

Good article. Everyone in Big Tree Boys land knew of the cemetery. The cemetery was located next to the field road used for farming and going to the DuPont dynamite storage sheds. It was overgrown and very hard to see from the road. On our way to Dead Mans Sledding Hill, we would pass an area which had a berm around it. This was a Indian encampment. It would be roughly located in the Bills lower parking lot near where the stairs from the old bridge used to be located. On a side note, when the stadium was built, there was suppose to be a community park built near where the Tailgaters bar is located.

What teenagers disappeared?