Cyrus Kouandjio - American Citizen

The Poojer

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK. Then ask a Mexican or a Hawaiian.

This statement demonstrates a good deal of ignorance.

And while in those shadows get exploited don't get a lot of protections etc etc if anything they are risking a lot doing that as well. And if Amnesty happens through congress that makes their path to citizenship legal.

I get it is it circumventing something yes it is. But everyone circumvents a law or laws risking getting caught all over America. So really what is the difference.

Again why not one immigration Law or Policy?

Either way done talking about it because ventures into politics forum too much.

So again Congrats to Cyrus to bad his ceremony wasn't a couple weeks ago so he could have voted for 1st President he will be a citizen with. Now has to wait 4 years.

We don't have one single immigration policy because not all immigrants are equally beneficial to the country, and a nations laws in regards to borders and immigration should be designed for the sole purpose of benefiting that nation.

We don't have one single immigration policy because not all immigrants are equally beneficial to the country, and a nations laws in regards to borders and immigration should be designed for the sole purpose of benefiting that nation.

So explain Cuba?

So explain Cuba?

Our Cuban immigration policy has much to geopolitics.

edit: your position that all paths to citizenship are legitimate because "everyone breaks the law from time to time" is an absolute non-starter as it runs against the entire purpose of a nation-state.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

Our Cuban immigration policy has much to geopolitics.

edit: your position that all paths to citizenship are legitimate because "everyone breaks the law from time to time" is an absolute non-starter as it runs against the entire purpose of a nation-state.

No did I say that. I clarified and just said it is kind of hypocritical to talk down to a person because they break a law when you know everyone breaks a law as well.

Not saying you or anyone here is saying it but I sure do see it a lot in America disrespecting a human because they are doing what they think is right for their family though it might break a law. Sorry end of the day they are Human

No did I say that. I clarified and just said it is kind of hypocritical to talk down to a person because they break a law when you know everyone breaks a law as well.

Not saying you or anyone here is saying it but I sure do see it a lot in America disrespecting a human because they are doing what they think is right for their family though it might break a law. Sorry end of the day they are Human

At the end of the day, yes they're human. But being human doesn't guarantee you the right to be in the US.

Cyrus Kouandjio Takes Oath of Citizenship (1:57)
Cameroon-born Bills OT Cyrus Kouandjio, who moved to the U.S. with his family when he was four years old, realized a personal dream when he was naturalized as a citizen of the U.S. He was one of 34 new citizens from 24 nations that were welcomed to the country during a ceremony at Buffalo’s U.S. District Courthouse in Niagara Square.

Of course you don't blame the immigrants. They are doing something admirable for their families. I would do it myself if I lived in a Third World country bordering America. Edited by TakeYouToTasker

Fantastic. Proud to count him amongst us, especially since he wasn't gifted this privilege by birth, but rather decided it was something he truly wanted, and worked to obtain it. Individuals who do this make us better as a nation.

Excellent post

So many people do it the "right way" whatever that means

hop in and ruin a decent thread. you were the first negative post

Agreed. It's always great to see people from other cultures assimilate into the great melting pot!

well said

Ok will take your word for it. I know I have used it now 3 times. I even had to send my wife home, because she would have overstayed her visa because our great government lost all her Green Card information and could not get it done in time. I am very qualified to talk of this subject from my point of view.

Either way Congrats Cyrus

Much better my Friend.^

and yea i always post this way

thats wrong so wrong i cannot even begin to tell you how wrong it is.

But i will if you ask me.

Lets decide who gets to vote while we are at it....

The 'rigorous' couple of hours of 'vetting' at Ellis Island.

More like a month or more in some cases--my grandfather's family spent a month there in quarantine. He had some great stories about the boat and experience --not eating bananas because they'd never seen them, thinking pumpkin pie was literally sh*t, catching lice from some old guys' beards and making his younger brother trade his nickel for my grandfather's dime (since the nickel was bigger, it must be worth more, right?) some nice American had given them each.

Folks in my old predominantly Italian-American hometown also like to conviently forget that a lot of IA's also came here illegally--like my grandmother, who came in from Sicily across Lake Ontario in dead of night.

At the end of the day, yes they're human. But being human doesn't guarantee you the right to be in the US.

everyone or no one.

Pick and choose and you just trusted the government to create an ideal. This has another name. And NOT what the original American principles were meant to reap.

These were discussed, argued , fought and died over and what we were founded upon. so much of the original intent has been lost.

I mean wtf. the Pilgrims were desperate mofos looking for some solace.

shtstrm of fate and consequences. Indians have the cure for malaria in James town and most die anyways . More come seeking "refuge" and then are helped only to turn on the saviours

melting pot of of poop

Go Cyrus.

Proud of you!

And Welcome

More like a month or more in some cases--my grandfather's family spent a month there in quarantine. He had some great stories about the boat and experience --not eating bananas because they'd never seen them, thinking pumpkin pie was literally sh*t, catching lice from some old guys' beards and making his younger brother trade his nickel for my grandfather's dime (since the nickel was bigger, it must be worth more, right?) some nice American had given them each.

Folks in my old predominantly Italian-American hometown also like to conviently forget that a lot of IA's also came here illegally--like my grandmother, who came in from Sicily across Lake Ontario in dead of night.

My Man Matt hs areal story.

Heck heck. I gotta respect those that sacrifice everything to make it. Most did it for Family

Only to find out the epic stories of endless gold and fountains of youth are not quite true.

gratz Cyrus

:beer:

simple. eloquent.

/ thread

OK. So your priori is that all immigrants are equally valuable to the country they immigrate to.

Explain your argument please?

once he does comoare that to many other countries policies on immigration. Canada is a helluva lot harder to get into than the US.