Cyrus Kouandjio - American Citizen

The Poojer

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one knows what it means more than him. It's humorous to see others "educate" him

No one born outside of America has the right to American citizenship. It doesn't matter if immigrants think our process is hard, or not; unwieldy, or not; unjust, or not; overly bureaucratic, or not; unworkable, or not; too expensive, or not.

They don't have any right to citizenship. It's America's process, not theirs.

But not an "undocumented" one.

Catching on?

Laws were different when the Poles, Italians, Germans, Irish etc came to America. Comparing modern day immigrants to "our" ancestors is like comparing apples to oranges. The whole process is so different that there is no comparison. If one is opposed to illegal immigration, I have no problem with that. That being said it's not as simple as saying that our ancestors were "legal". It's a different world now:

No one knows what it means more than him. It's humorous to see others "educate" him

No one knows more about anything than him. I find him to be.....not so useful....to my time here at TBD

Edit: I assume you are speaking of Maj?

Edited by fansince88

Laws were different when the Poles, Italians, Germans, Irish etc came to America. Comparing modern day immigrants to "our" ancestors is like comparing apples to oranges. The whole process is so different that there is no comparison. If one is opposed to illegal immigration, I have no problem with that. That being said it's not as simple as saying that our ancestors were "legal". It's a different world now:

It's also important to note that historical European immigration involved crossing the Atlantic Ocean in a wooden boat, as opposed to walking north.

Exactly my point, which is why I pointed that out to Bobby.

There is a way to circumvent the system. I don't think you'd deny that.

Not really. There are ways to circumvent getting here not really anyway to circumvent being Naturalized correct? Two different things really.

There is a way to circumvent the system. I don't think you'd deny that.

Shouldn't all laws apply equally to all people. Is it not wrong to have a different path for citizenship for someone from Cuba compared to someone from Peru, Brazil, Mexico?

Doesn't these different standards muddy the water?

It's also important to note that historical European immigration involved crossing the Atlantic Ocean in a wooden boat, as opposed to walking north.

Fair enough, I just wish that people would address the issue by saying that becoming over populated could harm our country. The most populated counties in the world often can't support their population. That's what should be a concern, and that's how I wish people would address it. Instead people choose to trash talk Mexicans, and tells us how their ancestors were better. Trust me when I say that the Anglo New Englander's weren't very pleased with the onslaught of Irish and mainland Europe immigration to our country.

Not really. There are ways to circumvent getting here not really anyway to circumvent being Naturalized correct? Two different things really.

Shouldn't all laws apply equally to all people. Is it not wrong to have a different path for citizenship for someone from Cuba compared to someone from Peru, Brazil, Mexico?

Doesn't these different standards muddy the water?

Bobby, there is a prescribed legal system for immigration into the United States, and becoming a citizen thereof. Breaking the law, and living in the shadows while waiting for an amnesty decree circumvents that law. The distinction may not matter to those gaining citizenship that way; but it often does matter to the citizens of the United States whose laws are being circumvented, and to those who are legally going through the painstaking process of becoming a citizen.

Bobby, there is a prescribed legal system for immigration into the United States, and becoming a citizen thereof. Breaking the law, and living in the shadows while waiting for an amnesty decree circumvents that law. The distinction may not matter to those gaining citizenship that way; but it often does matter to the citizens of the United States whose laws are being circumvented, and to those who are legally going through the painstaking process of becoming a citizen.

And while in those shadows get exploited don't get a lot of protections etc etc if anything they are risking a lot doing that as well. And if Amnesty happens through congress that makes their path to citizenship legal.

I get it is it circumventing something yes it is. But everyone circumvents a law or laws risking getting caught all over America. So really what is the difference.

Again why not one immigration Law or Policy?

Either way done talking about it because ventures into politics forum too much.

So again Congrats to Cyrus to bad his ceremony wasn't a couple weeks ago so he could have voted for 1st President he will be a citizen with. Now has to wait 4 years.

Edited by MAJBobby