Revis: an option for Bills at...Safety?

KDIGGZ

You mean those two SB's where Eli Manning and his cast...... Plaxico, Tyree and Manningham........rained on their parade with critical late game plays in the passing game?

The SB they won........they made that play at the end. Thanks in great part to Revis taking one side of the field away and fellow FA Browner identifying and jamming the combination route that allowed Butler to get in front of that pass.

The Tyree's catch could not have been defended more tightly. That won the game. Nothing Revis would have done in either game to change those plays. In the SB they won, Wilson was never looking at Revis's side of the field so, nope.

That's my favorite part of the scenario. Apparently, if the Jets were to cut Revis, we could sign him for the league minimum and the Jets would have to pay him the rest of the $6 million owed to him while he plays in a Bills uni. What an awesome possibility.

I don't know if Revis would be a good safety but the cost of the experiment would not be high.

I think this is the point. Seems like a pretty reasonable deal to me.

Ryan has worked wonders with John Meeks, Duke Williams and Corey Graham. Ed Reed has transformed our safeties into All Pros. Yeah...we should spend $15 mill/yr on Revis as a stop gap. Definitely.

Ha he's not making $15 million. More like 2 years, $15 million. I wouldn't mind that at all.

I vote that we actually draft a 1st round safety

I vote that we draft a first round wide receiver. Lot easier to find reasonably priced, more than competent safeties on the open market.