Bright Side of Weed Legalization In Certain States

PolishDave

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And prompting the cartels to make money selling other things. And just to you're aware it ain't going to be Mary Kay.

True, but the money they were making on pot comes above board and enters our economy. That's billions. Sure, the cartels can deal meth, coke or whatever. They already do. But it's a fraction of the market for marijuana.

One of the arguments for legalization was it would put the cartels out of business. That is a rather idiotic stance don't you think?

I'm pretty sure no one said "put them out of business." Would you argue that it won't hurt them?

How about a couple reasonable points- Does the "Cartel man" on the corner check ID's? Can you be confident you know what you are ingesting?

I'm pretty sure no one said "put them out of business." Would you argue that it won't hurt them?

How about a couple reasonable points- Does the "Cartel man" on the corner check ID's? Can you be confident you know what you are ingesting?

Most Marijuana is grown in the US and Canada that people here smoke. The brick weed is not as lucrative for the cartel to care about. Sure they might sell some but the harder drugs are what they care about getting across the border.

I mean honestly how many cartels really care about marijuana trade? How many care about cocaine...

Edited by Beef Jerky

Most Marijuana is grown in the US and Canada that people here smoke. The brick weed is not as lucrative for the cartel to care about. Sure they might sell some but the harder drugs are what they care about getting across the border.

I mean honestly how many cartels really care about marijuana trade? How many care about cocaine...

I think you'd be surprised to learn how much weed the cartels actually grow IN the US...

One of the arguments for legalization was it would put the cartels out of business. That is a rather idiotic stance don't you think?

Cartels isn't a thing in Virginia. Eff em, I could care less about their plight.

Legal weed store w decent portion of proceeds funding schools/parks and rec/firefighter/police? yes to that.

I suppose so, All the rich folks who love cocaine will keep them around forever.

Cartels isn't a thing in Virginia. Eff em, I could care less about their plight.

Legal weed store w decent portion of proceeds funding schools/parks and rec/firefighter/police? yes to that.

I suppose so, All the rich folks who love cocaine will keep them around forever.

Cocaine?? That's not the problem.

So Virginia is immune from the heroin epidemic?

Most of it, go up to Philly/Jersey etc and you see it tenfold.

Hampton Roads is a more of a coke/crack/malt liquor crowd.

Ahhh I see. So it's not in your backyard (and you're being ignorant if you think its' not)so it's no biggie.

http://wtop.com/virginia/2016/04/heroin-epidemic-worsens-virginia/

Is the sand nice and warm where you have your head buried?

Ahhh I see. So it's not in your backyard (and you're being ignorant if you think its' not)so it's no biggie.

http://wtop.com/virginia/2016/04/heroin-epidemic-worsens-virginia/

Is the sand nice and warm where you have your head buried?

Don't do heroin.

Problem solved.

Heroin isn't being legalized, Massachusetts and Florida just got way cooler.

I'll let you worry about the heroin folks.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Oh there were plenty that said put them out of business. It won't hurt them in the least. They are actually learning that heroin is more profitable and is addictive.

Don't do heroin.

Problem solved.

Heroin isn't being legalized, Massachusetts and Florida just got way cooler.

I'll let you worry about the heroin folks.

Don't do heroin. Excellent advice. So you're cool with the legalization of pot heroin becoming more predominant?

I really love your "I don't see it so I don't care about it" attitude.

I hope no one you know or care about OD's.

Oh there were plenty that said put them out of business. It won't hurt them in the least. They are actually learning that heroin is more profitable and is addictive.

Don't do heroin. Excellent advice. So you're cool with the legalization of pot heroin becoming more predominant?

Why is that?

And taking away revenue does hurt

People that do heroin are rolling the dice.

Sorry, that's not my problem and I'm not here to make excuses for risk takers.

What other drugs are relevant to legal marijuana ?

I remember my nephew in Rhode Island years ago (a pot smoker at the time) telling my sister there's no weed anywhere, but heroin is all over the place. That shocked the hell out of me at the time. I've learned a lot (or, more accurately, too much) since then. If having pot legal helps (and I'm not saying it does), maybe that's a good thing? It certainly will help generate some tax revenue. If you want to clamp down on something, make it the pill mills that feed the heroin epidemic.

People whoi do heroin have already made their bed, most often, by trying other opioids, usually pain killers. They get hooked, which is easy to do. It's not just ghetto and gutter people. It's my dentist's deceased wife and other peiople you'd never suspect. I'll try to bow out now to keep this on weed legalization.

Why is that?

And taking away revenue does hurt

What revenue is being taken away? Are you one of those that says government spending growing at a slower rate from the previous year is a spending cut?

Ok folks, I have a first dibs on about 200 acres in Humbolt County ( Northern California weed county of the USA) there is a house and a good well ( That's important) most places don't have access to legal water. We can start a consortium to grow legal weed. Anyone interested PM me.

I know you had some vines on your place in SD however any experience is growing pot?

All I'm saying is as marijuana becomes legal in more states you will likely see a continued rise in the use of drugs such as heroin and meth. If that doesn't concern you then so be it.