Eric Wood has broken leg

MDH

@Ewood70

Surgery was successful. Thanks for all of the prayers and support. Im blown away and a lucky man to have so many people have my back!

Definitely gotta love Eric. Glad he is on the Team.

Come back stronger than ever Kid !!

Im worried about who we put in there. I really hope they can handle it and do it well while we make a push for the WC

:thumbsup:

OMG cry me a river Vic.

Lewis stepped in and was the starting center for the Seahawks when they made a late season playoff push. If he was good enough to do that for a team that could easily have reached the SB then there shouldn't be a ton of excuses here with the 4 other OL still intact.

Wood has been a good player in this scheme and he's likely to be missed but everyone has injuries and losing Wood does not change your identity like losing Tyrod or Sammy does.

One of the key factors in having a dangerously mobile QB is that it takes a ton of heat off of the interior OL.

I've made the Jerry Ostroski point here before........teams are reluctant to pressure mobile QB's up the middle for fear of losing contain and the very mediocre Jerry O turned the advantage of being Flutie's center into a lucrative contract.

There is no question in my mind that the combination of Tyrod and the Roman scheme has elevated the perception of Wood greatly. Under Marrone and Gailey he wasn't nearly as good. Heck, two years ago he even thought he might get cut.

Speaking of Wood's injury........I think the key to his longevity has been playing within himself. He hasn't been an "anchor" type center for many years now and I think it's possible that in the heat of the moment......in a "high leverage" intense situation.....a rare situation for a Bills player........he was trying to do more than normal and that might have lead to another broken leg.

That's just my speculation but he's noticeably been on skates in goal line and short yardage very often in recent years which I attributed to concerns about his frequent early career leg injuries.

Now is not the time to critique his play Badol. Guy just went down and is out for the season. I think we could save it for another time perhaps?

Speedy and full recovery Eric !

I'm with you on this point, #BADOL...I think Lewis will do fine as a replacement for the rest of this season. I'm more worried about Mills.

Come on Hendy, get right and get in there asap

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now is not the time to critique his play Badol. Guy just went down and is out for the season. I think we could save it for another time perhaps?

It's an observation with speculation....not a critique.

I've been complimentary of the adjustments he's made to keep himself healthy.

He isn't a physically dominant "phone booth" blocker and early in his career, before he learned his limitations, he did a lot of ill advised things that kept landing him on the shelf.

He broke a leg once trying to benchpress a DT then blew a knee once unnecessarily chasing a play looking to dust off a pile etc..

His job is to make line calls, execute snaps and direct opposing lineman away from the ball.......anything else is an unnecessary risk for a guy who has had some serious lower leg issues.

As for the timing of it.......lighten up.....he didn't die, he's on IR.

It's an observation with speculation....not a critique.

I've been complimentary of the adjustments he's made to keep himself healthy.

He isn't a physically dominant "phone booth" blocker and early in his career, before he learned his limitations, he did a lot of ill advised things that kept landing him on the shelf.

He broke a leg once trying to benchpress a DT then blew a knee once unnecessarily chasing a play looking to dust off a pile etc..

His job is to make line calls, execute snaps and direct opposing lineman away from the ball.......anything else is an unnecessary risk for a guy who has had some serious lower leg issues.

As for the timing of it.......lighten up.....he didn't die, he's on IR.

Lighten up?

you have a wonderful way with words.

He didn't die?

well thanks goodness for the that!

When a player goes down I see no reason whatsoever to harp upon his faults. Plenty of time for that offseason.

You nearly intend it is his fault his leg is broked. You are one twisted up dude.

His season is over. It must hurt like hell.

sure you are reasonable about evaluating football. But you have very little compassion.

Lighten up?

you have a wonderful way with words.

He didn't die?

well thanks goodness for the that!

When a player goes down I see no reason whatsoever to harp upon his faults. Plenty of time for that offseason.

You nearly intend it is his fault his leg is broked. You are one twisted up dude.

His season is over. It must hurt like hell.

sure you are reasonable about evaluating football. But you have very little compassion.

I said that in the heat of the moment in an attempt raise his game........a rare moment with heat for a Buffalo Bill.......he may have broken the routine that was keeping him in one piece.

You want to take it as a criticism of Wood but it's not.

Wood is not why they lose games.

The reality is that when you have almost an ENTIRE roster full of players who have never been starting players on successful NFL teams it shouldn't come as a surprise when big moments yield unusually poor results.

I said that in the heat of the moment in an attempt raise his game........a rare moment with heat for a Buffalo Bill.......he may have broken the routine that was keeping him in one piece.

You want to take it as a criticism of Wood but it's not.

The reality is that when you have almost an ENTIRE roster full of players who have never been starting players on successful NFL teams it shouldn't come as a surprise when big moments yield unusually poor results.

: )

I won't argue the sentiment, but I will point out that if Wood doesn't go down when he did, I bet my house that Anthony Lynn ends up winning us that game in the 4th quarter.

You'd bet your house on that?

You sure?

You should acquaint yourself with the term "figure of speech". It may serve to spare you from future spells of misplaced literaria.

I would also suggest that you acquaint yourself with the term literaria, but unfortunately I just made it up.

And when you've completed your homework, if you have one of those DVR thingamajiggers watch the 4th qrtr of that game again. Key on the Bill's interior OLine and watch how many times a brilliant call from Lynn was utterly eviscerated by Groy's gawdawful stumbling,flailing attempts to complete even the most basic assignments.

I'd certainly bet Simon's house on that.

Especially if I was in it!

You should acquaint yourself with the term "figure of speech". It may serve to spare you from future spells of misplaced literaria.

I would also suggest that you acquaint yourself with the term literaria, but unfortunately I just made it up.

And when you've completed your homework, if you have one of those DVR thingamajiggers watch the 4th qrtr of that game again. Key on the Bill's interior OLine and watch how many times a brilliant call from Lynn was utterly eviscerated by Groy's gawdawful stumbling,flailing attempts to complete even the most basic assignments.

Groy looked rather awful in preseason and OTA etc etc.

i am afraid they will start him over Patrick. And I am afraid Patrick might be worse than Groy.

Groy looked rather awful in preseason and OTA etc etc.

I managed to miss the entire preseason so that game was my first look at him.

I'm not going to rag on the guy anymore because I guarantee he's more upset about it than I am. I'm just hoping that is/was the worst outing he ever has on a ballfield because if it's a fair representation of his abilities, he's simply not cut out to play football at this level. If that's the case, then I'll just give him props for carrying a limited set of skills as far as he did.

I managed to miss the entire preseason so that game was my first look at him.

I'm not going to rag on the guy anymore because I guarantee he's more upset about it than I am. I'm just hoping that is/was the worst outing he ever has on a ballfield because if it's a fair representation of his abilities, he's simply not cut out to play football at this level. If that's the case, then I'll just give him props for carrying a limited set of skills as far as he did.

It's a concern . I was quite pleased they found Patrick Lewis concerned

How many "brilliant" plays do you call before you realize your backup Center is making those plays impossible?