• Republican
    • Democrat
    • 50 / 50 Tie - Democrat tiebreaker
    • 50 / 50 Tie - Republican tiebreaker

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh come on, with that level of Trump-optimism you could have given Trump Nevada, Colorado and Pennsylvania too.

Where's your map? The only way to lose is to not play.

And NV and PA are rigged, unfortunately. CO has a chance but not enough for me to pull the trigger.

Where's your map? The only way to lose is to not play.

And NV and PA are rigged, unfortunately. CO has a chance but not enough for me to pull the trigger.

If you think NV and PA are rigged, you must certainly feel that FL is rigged too. Even I after hearing some reports from there think there are efforts to rig Florida.

If Gary can't get his 5 in this climate, my fading hopes for the republic will likely disappear for good.

Tough to do when you're locked out by the media, donors and the two major parties and most don't know anything about him.

If you think NV and PA are rigged, you must certainly feel that FL is rigged too. Even I after hearing some reports from there think there are efforts to rig Florida.

I'm aware of those reports as well. But rigging is only effective if the margin is close. At least that's what I hope.

Orwell lives: Oregon sec. of state says GOP effort to get out the vote is ‘voter suppression’

This is an actual case of saying war is peace, or freedom is slavery.

Jeff Reynolds has a full write-up at PJ Media. He’s a better sport than I am: he develops the Oregon secretary of state’s case, and then goes on to argue against it.

But forget that reactive approach. The take-away from this situation needs to be stated categorically up-front. Jeanne Atkins, Democratic secretary of state in Oregon, is misrepresenting what the state GOP is doing, with no gray areas to hide behind and nothing to dispute.

Here’s what happened. Oregon votes by mail. You have to keep your registration in an active status to receive a ballot. So the state GOP went through the voter rolls, identified Republican voters whose status had fallen to “inactive,” and robocalled them to remind them to update their status, so they could vote.

That’s it. To say anything else about this is to lie. Reynolds has the full particulars on this, which I assume you will want to verify. Go right ahead.

Meanwhile, lie is what Atkins did. She not only misrepresented the GOP’s action — she reportedly asked the state and federal authorities to investigate.

The
Eugene Register-Guard
that “the calls were characterized Friday morning as ‘voter suppression activity’ by Atkins, with election officials unable to determine who was behind them. Atkins called on the Oregon Department of Justice and the U.S. Attorney’s Office to investigate them.”

Of course encouraging Republican voters to vote is not “voter suppression activity.” Of course not. Atkins engaged in literal Orwellian doublespeak here, attempting to defame the state Republicans and create the appearance of wrongdoing where there was none.

Reynolds points out that the only specific thing alleged against the Republicans, they demonstrably did not do. The Oregon Democrats claim that the robocall warned recipients that their votes would not be counted. But the full text of the robocall’s message, promptly released by the state GOP, says nothing about anyone’s vote not being counted.

Reynolds also notes that local media have now altered their filed stories and removed video clips in which Atkins was shown making her false claims about the GOP robocall.

Several media outlets appear to be assisting in scrubbing the statement by the secretary of State to ignore the robocalls. Multiple local news channels showed the video of her statement to the press in their 10 o’clock or 11 o’clock news on Friday, but in each case, their websites conveniently now have no video to link, and the online story appears to be significantly altered.

In poker, that’s called a “tell.”

Granted I live in a bluest of blue towns, but if the turnout at the polling place is an indication, looks like Hilly supporters are not leaving anything to chance. A big turn out is bad news for Trumpsters.

Granted I live in a bluest of blue towns, but if the turnout at the polling place is an indication, looks like Hilly supporters are not leaving anything to chance. A big turn out is bad news for Trumpsters.

In Philadelphia, Hillary has people out driving to minority neighborhoods offering rides to the polling place. Amazing what a billion plus dollars will buy you.

My final prediction:

gxVED.png

Everyone should post a map.

Picking the winner isn't impressive. Picking the exact map and EV totals is.

Man, when you pick a losing cause, you really go all in.

Trump will be lucky to win Texas and when you watch state turn blue after blue, look in the mirror to see this:

Surprise.gif