Mid-season mea culpas

i was admittedly nervous about cutting manny for lorax. i think thats the biggest bills miss i had given how well hes played.

Me too

I thought Blake Bortles would be doing better, it's all Maroons fault.

its obviously your fault, since your endorsements are the ultimate qb curse.

Kind of odd IMO that no one ever signed Manny Lawson after the 2 gamer. Must be more to the story.

Yeah that is strange to me. Kind of surprised the Bills didn't bring him back at a reduced salary.

Mine:

I thought this was Sammy's year to break out and the foot would be fine for the start of the season

I have only picked the niners, rams, first Pats* and second Pats* game right. I had them beating the Ravens, Jets, and Dolphins and losing to the Cardinals.

I thought Gilmore would show better in a contract year

Taken together these tell an importent story. Sacks are being generated by blitzes and leaving Gilmore and Darby on islands. It's how the Ryans do things.

I haven't seen stats on this, but my hunch is you're onto something. As advertised, this is the full version of the Rex-Rob defense. And it depends on having great cover corners you can leave out there on an island, prime Revis style, thereby freeing up the other 9 guys to bring pressure from any and everywhere. Except that Fitzy's Jets and Brady's Pats exposed Gilmore and Darby for what they really are -- guys who are not ready to take on the solo role on good WRs. Hence Gilmore looking for safety help like a lost puppy.

thyve had 6 veery good games

Fair enough. Maybe things get dialed in and they have 8+ more good games. Or maybe it just works against the mediocre and poor teams while the better teams can expose them. The situation certainly bears watching closely.

I haven't seen stats on this, but my hunch is you're onto something. As advertised, this is the full version of the Rex-Rob defense. And it depends on having great cover corners you can leave out there on an island, prime Revis style, thereby freeing up the other 9 guys to bring pressure from any and everywhere. Except that Fitzy's Jets and Brady's Pats exposed Gilmore and Darby for what they really are -- guys who are not ready to take on the solo role on good WRs. Hence Gilmore looking for safety help like a lost puppy.

I'd love to see some stats too. I'll be paying attention the rest of the way. Maybe I'll even keep track and post what I find.

I did not expect the team to do well this year. I imagined the defense might be a little better but I had no confidence that they would be less penalized or better coached. I did not expect the leap in sacks. I could not tell whether TT would play better--it seemed possible--or be found out by the rest of the league and play worse. But as long as Rex was the coach, I had no hopes for them. Still don't.

This defense is designed to make Gilmore and Darby look worse than they are. In another system they would (and will) look first rate.

But, following Barley's point .... If Gilmore and Darby were getting classic Cover 2 type help, would the rest of the defense be getting pressure on the QB the way it is now? I don't think so. It's a classic trade off. Blitz and you get pressure, but if you don't get the sack you're gonna give up some big plays

I'm never wrong, screw you guys.

:D

:lol:

My big miss: I thought the Jaguars would be playoff-caliber.

My bigger miss: Thought the Bills would be on fire at the bye, with talk of Ryan's imminent departure.

were not there yet :flirt:

i was admittedly nervous about cutting manny for lorax. i think thats the biggest bills miss i had given how well hes played.

its obviously your fault, since your endorsements are the ultimate qb curse.

I know right, Dooomed!!!