Robert Klemko, Peter King and MMQB - Journalistic garbage

QB Bills

I am looking forward to clarification on this statement...i must not be part of the smart people.

Many Muslim countries don't take kindly to gays or women's rights. Not too kindly at all. But the people who want to call you Islamophobic tend to forget that. A lot.

Yes I really believe that. You can make a "wanted" poster without putting him in a gun sight.

Fascism in Germany began with seemlingly "innocuous" symbols like these. We are living in dark times and "over-sensitivity" is the least of our problems. People want to be free to express their bigoted views, which many see as justified.

Of, for the love of Pete.

If we live in dark times it's because too many people are afraid, and the reason they're afraid is because you can't even make a t-shirt without someone suggesting you're a borderline Nazi...or Islamophobic...or racist...or misogynist...or whatever other label they want to put on you.

This country needs to grow a pair back because someone cut them off. It's a shame you can't even watch a football game without someone, somewhere, trying to push their BS agenda on you.

Edited by LABillzFan

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And none of your boys called them towelheads or more likely, "Hajis"....right?

Come on man.

The term I heard most was "raghead." Sadly, we soldiers always come up with terms to demean our enemies. It makes killing them easier.

But personally when I heard the that term I would quickly correct the speaker and remind him that some of our own were from this part of the world. A lot of so-called "ragheads" were fighting on our side, either as American soldiers or as allies. We were going to kill a bunch of SOBs bearing arms against us and supporting ignoble causes. There was no need, however, to denigrate the culture.

Come on man? Where? Americans stand up for what's right and demeaning Muslims - or any other religious or ethnic group - is wrong.

The term I heard most was "raghead." Sadly, we soldiers always come up with terms to demean our enemies. It makes killing them easier.

But personally when I heard the that term I would quickly correct the speaker and remind him that some of our own were from this part of the world. A lot of so-called "ragheads" were fighting on our side, either as American soldiers or as allies. We were going to kill a bunch of SOBs bearing arms against us and supporting ignoble causes. There was no need, however, to denigrate the culture.

Come on man? Where? Americans stand up for what's right and demeaning Muslims - or any other religious or ethnic group - is wrong.

So, you weren't outraged. You identified their statements as in poor taste and corrected them. Seems about right.

First, thank you for your service.

Second, when did the term "Muslim" become an epithet? What is outrageous about calling Kaepernick a Muslim? Is it outrageous to identify Tebow as a Christian?

Can I see the stupidity in it? Certainly. Is it outrageous? Hardly.

This is a fair question.

My impression is that Klemko implied the Bills fan used the term as an epithet, as if "Muslim" was a bad term and anyone who was Muslim deserves to be tackled.

I can't read Klemko's mind but I felt like he was insinuating some sort of drunken racism that doesn't reflect well on Buffalo.

Worse, after reading the young lady's article, I'm wondering if he made the whole thing up and that would certainly be outrageous.

Edited by hondo in seattle

I see Kaep's views as incoherent. But at least he's not calling for violence. The tee shirt is. So is "tackle the Muslim", whether or not it was said.

Tackle the Muslim is calling for violence? Holy moly. They were outside of a football game!

So is "tackle the Muslim", whether or not it was said.

So let me get this straight: it's NOT okay to NOT say something that is perceived as being a call for violence?

We are so pussified right now, I could puke.

And you guys wonder why we live in dark times.

Second, when did the term "Muslim" become an epithet? What is outrageous about calling Kaepernick a Muslim? Is it outrageous to identify Tebow as a Christian?

Kaep is not Muslim.

Therefore, calling him a Muslim is derogatory. It implies that anyone willing to make a sacrifice by (peacefully) protesting an American tradition must be Muslim. Either that, or he has physical features that he/she perceives to be the same as those who practice the religion of Islam.

I see Kaep's views as incoherent. But at least he's not calling for violence. The tee shirt is. So is "tackle the Muslim", whether or not it was said.

Incoherent? That's the best you can come up with?

So while his views are incoherent, it's ok for everybody to impart their own views on what his incoherent thoughts say and deem them ok, but then opine than any opposing views are dangerous?

Do you recognize how silly that sounds?

Incoherent? That's the best you can come up with?

So while his views are incoherent, it's ok for everybody to impart their own views on what his incoherent thoughts say and deem them ok, but then opine than any opposing views are dangerous?

Do you recognize how silly that sounds?

Huh? Calling him a Muslim because of his weird protest and urging violence against him is not just tasteless - it's dangerous and wrong.

This is a fair question.

My impression is that Klemko implied the Bills fan used the term as an epithet, as if "Muslim" was a bad term and anyone who was Muslim deserves to be tackled.

I can't read Klemko's mind but I felt like he was insinuating some sort of drunken racism that doesn't reflect well on Buffalo.

Worse, after reading the young lady's article, I'm wondering if he made the whole thing up and that would certainly be outrageous.

An equally likely perspective is that Kaepernick, who appears to identify as a Muslim, is the QB of the opposing team and therefore should be tackled. Trying to insinuate "racism" is just adding fuel to the fire. And, for what? To drive the narrative? To drive clicks, ads, revenue? That is the outrageous part of this whole thing.

First, thank you for your service.

Probably when a major party nominee suggests the deportation of all Muslims? That makes a lot of uneducated people presume a a lot of uneducated things.

An equally likely perspective is that Kaepernick, who appears to identify as a Muslim, is the QB of the opposing team and therefore should be tackled. Trying to insinuate "racism" is just adding fuel to the fire. And, for what? To drive the narrative? To drive clicks, ads, revenue? That is the outrageous part of this whole thing.

"Appears to identify as a Muslim" = and there we have it.

Huh? Calling him a Muslim because of his weird protest and urging violence against him is not just tasteless - it's dangerous and wrong.

A weird protest begets weird responses, including phantom press reports that somebody uttered Kill the Muslim.

Kaep is not Muslim.

Therefore, calling him a Muslim is derogatory. It implies that anyone willing to make a sacrifice by (peacefully) protesting an American tradition must be Muslim. Either that, or he has physical features that he/she perceives to be the same as those who practice the religion of Islam.

Maybe he is, maybe he's not. Who cares? If someone calls me a Jew because I have a big nose and a Jewish name, should I be offended? I'd love to be offended by something. It seems like the "victims" get so much play in this country. It's probably a lot of fun!

All of you "enlightened" folks certainly realize that there are oodles of citizens out there who don't have the intelligence/education/life experience to discern subtle points and differentiate between words/actions that could be characterized as humor by some, and inciting violence by others...right?

Does calling someone out for asserting -- in jest or otherwise -- that Kaep is a "target" really make us "pussified?" I understand sense of humor is individual, but there's really nothing funny about that t-shirt.