Rob Quinn: Rex might be one of the NFL's Best Head Coaches

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The media in this country is no longer about disseminating accurate, insightful information.

Well, 99% of it isn't, anyway.

It's about revenue generation. Best thing to do is ignore most of it, and read the NY Times, Washington Post, Wall Street Journal, LA Times, Chicago Tribune, or whatever legitimate news source you prefer.

Al Jazeera is actually much better than many US news outlets now.

99% of the media should be discredited yet you mention among the largest outlets as being credible? May want to check your math or your opinion.

Edited by Triple Threat

Let me break it down. Winning three more means the Bills will have swept the Patriots, even with Tom Brady playing. Is that clearer or do I need to draw pictures?

:lol:

I think he is referring to that Brady didn't play the first game.

Yeah, I thought that was obvious, but with PTR....

"Now you might not believe it, but under fire Rex Ryan is one of the... finest football coaches in the world. All he needs is somebody to throw hand grenades at him the rest of his life."

I think this is a fine sentence. And I always liked Rob Quinn. He is not in the 99%. straight shooter imo.

He has an opinion. I am cool with that.

this is absolutely ridiculous and shows how idiotic the media can be, he was being drawn and quartered 3 weeks ago as the worst coach in the nfl since kay stephenson, now all of a sudden he's the best ever???? the media seems to love to throw things out there in a kind of blind squirrel type of thing. he's always been a very good coach, but sometimes in some professions, very good people aren't given the time necessary at one spot to build and prove their value.

It's almost as if "the media" is not a monolithic entity, and different journalists with different opinions wrote the columns you are comparing.

I hate how bi-polar the media is.

0-2 - Rex is the worst coach in the league

3-2 - Rex is the best coach in the league

Sigh

The problem with this type of response (and from many others in this thread, not trying to single you out) is that the phrase "the media" assumes, in this context, that every media member is joined in some sort of collective group-think and there is no individualism among them. It would be different if, perhaps, this same individual author who wrote Rex might be one of the best coaches in the league after Week 5, also wrote that he was one of the worst after Week 2. That would be something to complain about. For all we know, this guy has always thought Rex to one of the best, and now he is choosing to write about it. But to be exasperated because other media members, not connected to this guy in any way, were blasting Rex at 0-2 just makes no sense. This will always happen, in any situation or circumstance.

The problem with this type of response (and from many others in this thread, not trying to single you out) is that the phrase "the media" assumes, in this context, that every media member is joined in some sort of collective group-think and there is no individualism among them. It would be different if, perhaps, this same individual author who wrote Rex might be one of the best coaches in the league after Week 5, also wrote that he was one of the worst after Week 2. That would be something to complain about. For all we know, this guy has always thought Rex to one of the best, and now he is choosing to write about it. But to be exasperated because other media members, not connected to this guy in any way, were blasting Rex at 0-2 just makes no sense. This will always happen, in any situation or circumstance.

I've known Rob in some capacity for years now (he's my editor now so I'm naturally going to defend him :) ). He's not a knee-jerk kind of guy with his writing. Just a case here that it's giving credit where it's due.

Things have changed in Year 2 under Rex. Some of those are off the field, where he's starting to sit back and take a better overview of the team. Whether it lasts, we'll see. For now, it's worth pointing out that Rex is at least trying to change his approach for the benefit of the team. It's working.

I've known Rob in some capacity for years now (he's my editor now so I'm naturally going to defend him :) ). He's not a knee-jerk kind of guy with his writing. Just a case here that it's giving credit where it's due.

Things have changed in Year 2 under Rex. Some of those are off the field, where he's starting to sit back and take a better overview of the team. Whether it lasts, we'll see. For now, it's worth pointing out that Rex is at least trying to change his approach for the benefit of the team. It's working.

It seems as if Rex is maturing as an NFL HC from his Jets days and the 1st year with the Bills. When he got here last season, he said he would make the sames mistakes. Finally taking heed let us all hope.