Time management, end of 2Q yesterday...discuss...

eball

I think Badol is talking about the times that TT is running to the sidelines and cannot get off a pass and should just toss it OB before he runs OB. He did it once during that drive. He's done it several times this year. I think there was a game earlier this year when the Bills were charged with two sacks against because he did it once one yard behind the line and once two yards behind the line.

It's a tough call because he's always running with his head up and looking downfield to make a pass or make a play, and doesn't really have time to look down and see if he is a yard or two ahead or behind the line. But there are some times when he knows he can't make a play and should just toss it out.

Those are the big plays we love about him though - If someone gets free there its a big play.

I agree with him. All those things are debateable. The one I want back from TT is the pass to Woods. His non-throw away was so similar to the one to Woods that I'm ok with it. The other points are in a perfect world type of things. Considering our 2 min drill of late I'll take how well it did run.

No problem taking the extra 3-5 yards with our kicking game. It ends being a point of contention since he hit clay in the red zone - but if its incomplete its a 40 something yarder instead of a 50ish.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Badol is talking about the times that TT is running to the sidelines and cannot get off a pass and should just toss it OB before he runs OB. He did it once during that drive. He's done it several times this year. I think there was a game earlier this year when the Bills were charged with two sacks against because he did it once one yard behind the line and once two yards behind the line.

It's a tough call because he's always running with his head up and looking downfield to make a pass or make a play, and doesn't really have time to look down and see if he is a yard or two ahead or behind the line. But there are some times when he knows he can't make a play and should just toss it out.

It seems like Tyrod lacks the instinct that tells him to throw the ball away in those situations. It really would have helped on the snap that went past him when he was lined up behind the guard. I know that was a tough moment and that the play didn't come back to bite us, but it would have been great to see him chuck that ball deep and out of bounds after picking it up and scrambling, instead of taking the huge loss.

Edited by Billsrhody

It seems like Tyrod lacks the instinct that tells him to throw the ball away in those situations. It really would have helped on the snap that went past him when he was lined up behind the guard. I know that was a tough moment and that the play didn't come back to bite us, but it would have been great to see him chuck that ball deep and out of bounds after picking it up and scrambling, instead of taking the huge loss.

You're asking an awful lot on that play. Tyrod was under immediate duress and a throw would have drawn the flag, IMO.

You're asking an awful lot on that play. Tyrod was under immediate duress and a throw would have drawn the flag, IMO.

Agreed, he didn't handle it poorly. But a heady player with great instincts might have pulled it off. He looked like he was outside of the tackle box before he got tackled.

Pointing out room for improvement=unhappy. Got it.

Yeah this is a point that some very vocal apologists/fan haters don't appear to understand.

The truly negative people left here a good decade ago.........we have some skeptics.....rightfully, so.........this playoff drought is historic in the modern NFL.....abysmal.......but they care and they are all happy when the Bills are winning.

The long term issue for the fanbase isn't negativity, it's apathy.

I live just over a 1 hour drive from the stadium............my local Fox channel was broadcasting auto-racing instead of the Bills/Rams game.

The outer edges of western NY really don't give a sh*t anymore.

In central NY they can't even muster up enough interest to out-lobby the Steelers and Eagles fans......or NASCAR, apparently......for broadcasts........teams who are hours further out of the market than the Bills.

I went to a nearby bar the night of the Bills/Detroit preseason game..........the place was PACKED.......and I had to put the game on because none of the 100 or so patrons cared that the Bills were on.

This is western NY.........it did not used to be like this.

I'm sorry........but a blistering 3-2 start ain't gonna' change that.

One could argue he didn't get the plays off fast enough a couple times.

One could argue the pass to Woods was awful that Woods have to dive and catch when he was wide open (I agree with that a lot).

One could argue he didn't take one shot to the endzone.

One could argue the pass that got to the five or so to Clay was not a good pass and/or was an ill advised pass.

One could argue he threw a bad ball to I think Goodwin early in the drive on the right side.

Yep.

And of course.........taking a coverage sack with 30 seconds left.......forcing him to burn a timeout.....and repositioning the team out of field goal range in the process.

People like eball wanna' b*tch about Gannon calling him out for that but EVERY QB knows that is a cardinal sin.

There are times when a QB is running around trying make a play or a well placed blitzer just comes free.....but you can't stand there patting the ball for 4 seconds and then take a sack in that situation.

Occasionally you see a good QB make this kind of mistake.........somebody like Matt Ryan......but that type of QB usually puts the ball in the end zone a high percentage of other times when you give him around minute and 2-3 time outs to work with.

Tyrod however, has not shown an ability to move the ball thru the air efficiently and score TD's at the end of halves.

Yep.

And of course.........taking a coverage sack with 30 seconds left.......forcing him to burn a timeout.....and repositioning the team out of field goal range in the process.

People like eball wanna' b*tch about Gannon calling him out for that but EVERY QB knows that is a cardinal sin.

There are times when a QB is running around trying make a play or a well placed blitzer just comes free.....but you can't stand there patting the ball for 4 seconds and then take a sack in that situation.

Occasionally you see a good QB make this kind of mistake.........somebody like Matt Ryan......but that type of QB usually puts the ball in the end zone a high percentage of other times when you give him around minute and 2-3 time outs to work with.

Tyrod however, has not shown an ability to move the ball thru the air efficiently and score TD's at the end of halves.

You realize that Tyrod gets out of most of those types of sacks......a few each game as a matter of fact.

Sometimes QBs take those sacks as opposed to making a throw that might turn the ball over.......turning the ball over there is the REAL cardinal sin.

In the end....it worked out cuz they got the field goal

Totally agree, just having some fun. And yes, seeing Edwards' name as a candidate has been shocking. Don't you think that's really Zimmer's D, though?

I do and I wanted us to interview Zimmer when we hired Marrone. Top coach. I think Edwards is probably a better coach than we realised though. He might have done a better job had Chan kept him than the Tasche did.

Yep.

Untrue. Find somewhere in this thread where I said or even implied that.

1)One could argue he didn't get the plays off fast enough a couple times.

2)One could argue the pass to Woods was awful that Woods have to dive and catch when he was wide open (I agree with that a lot).

3)One could argue he didn't take one shot to the endzone.

4)One could argue the pass that got to the five or so to Clay was not a good pass and/or was an ill advised pass.

5)One could argue he threw a bad ball to I think Goodwin early in the drive on the right side.

1) I don't agree with that one..thought the needed pace was there. One more play maybe ideal..but overall we scored and left them zero time. Time management i think was spot on.

2) The pass was awful, no doubt. I actually thought he should run and get OOB there..less risk than throwing...also if Woods catches the easy ball he dropped , maybe we have another 10 seconds or so..

3) If not open, i am okay with this...first responsibility is no turnover. All 22 can show if anyone was open....maybe someone can post? (my gamepass not working)

4) His accuracy is off no doubt...but i thought the gist of the thread was time mangement. The Woods pass and this pass were not accurate, but that has nothing to do with time management.

5) Don't remember

Wrex has never been good with clock management, and never will be. Sadly, the best I expect is "not too bad".

Yeah, guys like Bill Belichick.

A good team is competing with themselves as much as with the other team, constantly honing their performance, raising their standard of play. The idea is to eliminate mistakes, and fine tune the machine. These Bills have plenty to work on.

Agreed. They can enjoy the win and build on what they did right but still work on fixing the things they could have done better. There's always opportunities for improvement.

I asked a question and stated a fact. Exactly where was the bitching you reference?

If you don't want to color your take.....be more objective in your analysis.

As in, "Gannon was CRITICAL".

Pretty tough is your opinion of his take.......and then immediately going on to point out why you think the criticism was unjustified.........well, there you have it, your honor.

If you don't want to color your take.....be more objective in your analysis.

As in, "Gannon was CRITICAL".

Pretty tough is your opinion of his take.......and then immediately going on to point out why you think the criticism was unjustified.........well, there you have it, your honor.

yeesh. I'm hard-pressed to read the entire eball post and come anywhere close to 'b*tching'. and not to be critical, but in today's world, using phrases like "people like ____" is both a microagression and somethingaphobic.

yeesh. I'm hard-pressed to read the entire eball post and come anywhere close to 'b*tching'. and not to be critical, but in today's world, using phrases like "people like ____" is both a microagression and somethingaphobic.

The intention of the thread was to create a forum to complain about Gannon being critical of Tyrod.

Call it what you want.

The media doesn't make Tyrod struggle in the hurry-up and when trailing late in games......and they don't make the Bills the team with the lowest amount of passing yardage in the NFL........that is a lot more on Tyrod than it is on Rich Gannon or any of the other media types that regularly irritate eball. :lol:

Edited by #BADOL

The intention of the thread was to create a forum to complain about Gannon being critical of Tyrod.

Call it what you want.

The media doesn't make Tyrod struggle in the hurry-up and when trailing late in games......and they don't make the Bills the team with the lowest amount of passing yardage in the NFL........that is a lot more on Tyrod than it is on Rich Gannon or any of the other media types that regularly irritate eball. :lol:

well they irritate me as well. i actually thought the 2 min drill sense of urgency was vastly improved over the past year or two, there have been times when we were down in games I'd be screaming at the tv to move it a bit. i recall gannon's yammering and thought he was prematurely critical. but that's his job, and i agree there is lots of room for improvement on the offense. in that case, i thought the 3 was a decent outcome all things considered.

Call it what you want.

bolded..IT WAS NOT!!!

the intention was to debate whether you thought the Bills handled the end of the first half correctly. How in the world you got to the bolded italicized is beyond me.

I think it pretty obvious in other threads i think Rex and TT leave a lot to be desired...but this two-minute drill at the end if the first half i think was executed well...and damn near next to perfect from a strategy standpoint .

Edited by plenzmd1

They displayed an absolute lack of any sense of urgency.

They ran off nearly half-a-minute any time they didn't call a time out.

With any sense of urgency at all, they get two shots at the end zone after the Clay catch inside the 5.

I'm not sure if it's on the sideline, or on Tyrod, or on some combination, but it's not a good look.

Even with your criticisms, this was a HUUUUUUGEEE improvement vs the Greg Roman led Bills. Buff Rumblings has a really good article up about Lynn installing a no-huddle offense, and Taylor calling his own plays in that scheme. So when we see the no-huddle chances are Tyrod is calling the shots. Another good stat. They have run the 2 minute offense 4 times so far under Lynn, we have scored on 3. Ill take that.

Call it what you want.

Hey I know your on a mission but, the Bills have scored 3 times outta the 4 times theyve run the 2 minute drill since Lynn took over. :thumbsup:

Call it what you want.

Now you're a mind reader? Dude, you have issues. Go back to your basement and review film so you can tell us some more about how Gillislee needs to take carries away from Shady.

And oh-by-the-way, the only person I argued with in this thread is you because, per usual, you blustered in with your exaggerations and I-know-more-than-all-of-you attitude to tell us how Tyrod completely shat himself on that drive.

Good day.

Edited by eball