How many Bills fans at the game?

GG

The Coliseum holds 96,000 for USC. The Rams and NFL decided to open up only 80,000 for NFL games but the demand for Tickets was so high that they had to open it up to 90,000 for the preseason games. The tix sold for the Bills game was 83,000+. I'd guess a little under 80,000 showed and a little less than 20,000 were Bills fans. Several Rams fans around us commented on how many Bills fans there were there.

I stand corrected. I don't know why 70,000 had stuck in my head. Maybe that was season ticket sales? (Too high a ratio, IMO)

A bit under 20,000 sounds right to me. But (and I'm not even being hyperbolic here), our enthusiasm outmatched their numbers. We were like the Scots in the big battle scene in Braveheart.

Before the game, a Rams fan said to me, "you must be psyched..."

And I replied, "are you kidding me? The Bills are playing in Los Angeles! This is amazing!"

It seemed almost surreal for me to be watching the Bills in a venue where I have worked plenty of set lighting jobs over the years. And, I know there were many, many East Coast transplants who had driven in from all over California, Arizona, and Nevada.

Tell me if I'm remembering this correctly: When Robey-Coleman made his pick six, the subsequent fan eruption almost sounded like a home game, right?

Edited by Rocky Landing

Hard to say. There were definitely enough of us to be vocal, but it's not like LA fans weren't showing up. They were definitely pumped, this was only their second home game since returning to LA.

Gun to my head, I'd say 20% Bills fans.

LA doesn't have fans. They simply have people that come to the games because its something to do and the new "cool" thing. Pretty soon it won't be and just like it happened all those times before, they will start playing in front of half empty stadiums again.

LA doesn't have fans. They simply have people that come to the games because its something to do and the new "cool" thing. Pretty soon it won't be and just like it happened all those times before, they will start playing in front of half empty stadiums again.

Wrong.

was there.

It was awesome. So many Bills fans. So much Flag Blue instead of ram navy blue. We were second level or so, around the 40. Behind Bills bench of course.

Look left, right, in front, behind, there were so many Bills fans in Bills gear. And yes, when we made a play it was loud.

In the second half, the PA announcer and the jumbotron started needing to remind these rusty LA fans when to cheer and when to be quiet. Of course, we knew the drill already. Fun fun fun. And after the game was over, lots and lots of Rams fans had left. We Bills fans stayed. In the lower bowl they were taking pics with a couple Bills. In my section it was selfies with Bills flags and gear. After a while, security started telling people to clear out, maybe 20 mins after the game, and thats when you really got to see the sea of Bills fans piling out.

Lastly, the Rams fans were very civil and cool. And I do think that they will "support" their team. We shouldnt judge them by BILLS fan standards, because that's not fair. Nobody can live up to that standard.

Good times.

The environment was fan friendly. I will be honest, I didn't know what to expect from a game in LA. The Rams fans were great. They are extremely happy to have football back after 20 years. Now if it was a Raider game no doubt it would be a totally different experience. 90 degree game, clear skies, and a Bills win.....who could ask for more? Go Bills!

The environment was fan friendly. I will be honest, I didn't know what to expect from a game in LA. The Rams fans were great. They are extremely happy to have football back after 20 years. Now if it was a Raider game no doubt it would be a totally different experience. 90 degree game, clear skies, and a Bills win.....who could ask for more? Go Bills!

LA Colosseum is huge... Was it s sellout?

Typical LA crowd. The stadium was half empty in the first quarter and it was hellishly hot. But the Bills fans were going nuts. The visitor side of the stadium was about 50/50 Bills fans. The Rams fans were great and we all were having a good time. By the second half the stadium was full and it was loud. The Bills stepped up and we were cheering loud and proud. Thank God it cooled down by the 4th quarter. I was afraid the Bills would wilt from the heat but we stood tall and Bills fans were proud.

Overall, it was a great experience. The Rams have good natured fans, but the stadium is not fit for the NFL. It was very congested and over priced. $16 beers and $5 waters and $200 tickets, but to see the Bills win in LA was worth it.

I stand corrected. I don't know why 70,000 had stuck in my head. Maybe that was season ticket sales? (Too high a ratio, IMO)

A bit under 20,000 sounds right to me. But (and I'm not even being hyperbolic here), our enthusiasm outmatched their numbers. We were like the Scots in the big battle scene in Braveheart.

Before the game, a Rams fan said to me, "you must be psyched..."

And I replied, "are you kidding me? The Bills are playing in Los Angeles! This is amazing!"

It seemed almost surreal for me to be watching the Bills in a venue where I have worked plenty of set lighting jobs over the years. And, I know there were many, many East Coast transplants who had driven in from all over California, Arizona, and Nevada.

Tell me if I'm remembering this correctly: When Robey-Coleman made his pick six, the subsequent fan eruption almost sounded like a home game, right?

It sure sounded like it. There were Bills fans all around us and we all jumped up when he was running it back...lol

When I was leaving another Bills fan had me stop and took a pic. Good times had by all.

I don't know man, the group of guys sitting next to us, about 5-6, were all LA natives, 40-somethings who were super bummed when their childhood team left 20 years ago. Now they're in a position in life to afford season tickets and are beyond happy to have their team back.

Sitting in the stands, I figured it was 1/4 Bills fans...So with 80k+, 20k was about what I thought. Sitting in Section 20 (visitor side), halfway up...we had numerous Bills fans around us (close to 50/50). Made for a fun time. Plenty of high-fives and fist bumps w/ fellow Bills fans. I commend the Rams fans. At no time did I encounter or see any problems. I had gone to a Bills / Raiders game back in 91 (Bills comeback win in OT). Bad from the start to finish. Raiders and Rams fans are a totally different beast, different environment altogether.

Lot of good Rams fans around us too. Fun, light hearted group. One large family a couple rows in front of us, had an old timer who originally worked for the Bills when they first started up in 60. All his grown sons were Rams fans, he looked around spotted all the Bills fans and gave us a thumbs up. He asked me where we lived, I told him we were originally from the East Side. He called me a D### Pollock. His sons came back to their seats, he yells to them...we have a Buffalo Pollock sitting up there. Kept calling me Pollock a few times during the game, occasionally giving me thumbs up when the Bills did something good. Loved that guy!!

Sitting in the stands, I figured it was 1/4 Bills fans...So with 80k+, 20k was about what I thought. Sitting in Section 20 (visitor side), halfway up...we had numerous Bills fans around us (close to 50/50). Made for a fun time. Plenty of high-fives and fist bumps w/ fellow Bills fans. I commend the Rams fans. At no time did I encounter or see any problems. I had gone to a Bills / Raiders game back in 91 (Bills comeback win in OT). Bad from the start to finish. Raiders and Rams fans are a totally different beast, different environment altogether.

Lot of good Rams fans around us too. Fun, light hearted group. One large family a couple rows in front of us, had an old timer who originally worked for the Bills when they first started up in 60. All his grown sons were Rams fans, he looked around spotted all the Bills fans and gave us a thumbs up. He asked me where we lived, I told him we were originally from the East Side. He called me a D### Pollock. His sons came back to their seats, he yells to them...we have a Buffalo Pollock sitting up there. Kept calling me Pollock a few times during the game, occasionally giving me thumbs up when the Bills did something good. Loved that guy!!

My experience with Rams fans was great, too. Our section was mostly Bills fans but the Rams fans handled the game well.

LA fans are strange. I have lived here 21 years. IMO Dodger fans are great. Just good knowledgeable loyal fans. Laker fans suck. Fair weather obnoxious fans. Kings fans are pretty good. They don't really even understand the game like cold weather and Canadian fans are that love hockey but they are good fans. Clipper fans are bandwagonners, too. It's a college football town, and USC fans are elitist but loyal and UCLA fans are pretty great. The Raider fans of the 90s were awful and thugs, which is what they promoted.

I didn't know what to expect from Ram fans but they were pretty cool from everything I saw, before and during and after the game. It wasn't a good game for them. Their coach and players made a lot of mistakes. They didn't know what to expect from the Bills but they weren't jerks about it from everything I saw. If anything, because of the way the game turned out, we were obnoxious in their house.

Typical LA crowd. The stadium was half empty in the first quarter and it was hellishly hot. But the Bills fans were going nuts. The visitor side of the stadium was about 50/50 Bills fans. The Rams fans were great and we all were having a good time. By the second half the stadium was full and it was loud. The Bills stepped up and we were cheering loud and proud. Thank God it cooled down by the 4th quarter. I was afraid the Bills would wilt from the heat but we stood tall and Bills fans were proud.

Overall, it was a great experience. The Rams have good natured fans, but the stadium is not fit for the NFL. It was very congested and over priced. $16 beers and $5 waters and $200 tickets, but to see the Bills win in LA was worth it.

I agree it was 50/50 on the visitors side.

The stadium sucks. Halftime outside the stadium was dangerous with no room to move. Just horrible environment for a game, that many people, and alcohol.

That said the fans were fine.

It's amazing USC plays in that stadium, which sucks. I understand they are scheduled to renovate it but it will still suck. There are too many things you cannot fix. It's awful. The new Rams stadium at Hollywood Park will be rather amazing. Who knows what kind of fan support they will have in three years. But just the novelty of the stadium and people wanting to see the whole complex will sell it out for three straight years regardless of interest in the team.