Who Do You Re-sign Based Off Four Games?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"You get what you pay for," Josh Norman

I was a firm believer in dropping Gilmore after this season and going with a cheaper option until Julio Jones torched the Norman-less Panthers for 300 yds.

Without Gilmore, Darby will be rarely targeted because he has proven himself in this league, and the Gilmore replacement will be the focal point of every opposing offense we face next year. Gilmore hasn't shinned like he wants to get paid, but he also hasn't stunk completely. He may occasionally give up a contested catch, or whiff on an open field tackle, but with him in there our defense is in much better shape than having a rookie in there.

So, with that being said, I think Gilmore will get paid like he's one of the best unless he tanks the rest of the year or suffers any major injury.

I'd love to give Brown a chance, but I think he will be looking for big money after this season. He's playing lights out football and is a big part of the reason why we shut down the Patriots.

Jordan Mills may also be an option, but I can see the Bills offering him a one year deal as they give Henderson another shot next year to re-claim his starting spot.

The team blew a 2nd and two 4th's on Ragland when ZB is a better piece to pair with Preston. I said that the day of the draft, it will be interesting to see what they do if ZB continues to play at this level.

Draffin' fer need when needs change rapidly is a time-tested poor idea.

Let your needs be at positions like ILB........where you can find them cheap in FA like they did with Zach.

If I'm the GM of the Bills I let Gilmore walk. He's not a difference maker.

I'd let him walk and pickup the 3rd or 4th round compensatory pick the following year for losing him.

I will add that I think, Gilmore and his agent have overestimated his value. Other believe the Bills were in the $11-$12 M range with him, but Gilmore was looking for $14-#15M. Just because the Redskins handed out a foolish contract to Josh Norman doesn't mean the Bills should follow suit. I actually think $11-$12M is too much for Gilmore. I'd rather see that money invested on the offensive side of the ball.

If I'm the GM of the Bills I let Gilmore walk. He's not a difference maker.

I'd let him walk and pickup the 3rd or 4th round compensatory pick the following year for losing him.

I will add that I think, Gilmore and his agent have overestimated his value. Other believe the Bills were in the $11-$12 M range with him, but Gilmore was looking for $14-#15M. Just because the Redskins handed out a foolish contract to Josh Norman doesn't mean the Bills should follow suit. I actually think $11-$12M is too much for Gilmore. I'd rather see that money invested on the offensive side of the ball.

Would you rather - keep gilmore and draft a WR in the first.

Or sign Jeffrey (i know we can't guarantee that happens obviously), and draft a CB in the first?

Assuming $$ is similar.

Would you rather - keep gilmore and draft a WR in the first.

Or sign Jeffrey (i know we can't guarantee that happens obviously), and draft a CB in the first?

Assuming $$ is similar.

I think this depends a little on where we end up in the order and what prospects are available. I feel like more first round CBs bust than WRs but I have no evidence at hand.