Who Do You Re-sign Based Off Four Games?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good question. It was already asked (but has since fallen off main page): http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/188979-gilmore-or-zbrown/

I guess I need to determine how much it will cost to re-sign Brown, and weigh that against our existing depth at ILB vs our lack of depth at starting CB. Also understanding that letting Gilmore walk means we definitely have to spend multiple early picks on DBs (since Safety is already a 1st round need).

I am not picking up Taylors Option and using the space to Re-sign

Zach Brown

Jordan Mills

Brandon Tate

Corey White

Stephon Gilmore - tagging

Interesting. Who is playing QB next year?

Good question. It was already asked (but has since fallen off main page): http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/188979-gilmore-or-zbrown/

I guess I need to determine how much it will cost to re-sign Brown, and weigh that against our existing depth at ILB vs our lack of depth at starting CB. Also understanding that letting Gilmore walk means we definitely have to spend multiple early picks on DBs (since Safety is already a 1st round need).

Interesting. Who is playing QB next year?

My 1st round draft pick,

Based off 4 games that is the route I am going

Edited by MAJBobby

I am not picking up Taylors Option and using the space to Re-sign

Zach Brown

Jordan Mills

Brandon Tate

Corey White

Stephon Gilmore - tagging

The contract will be getting renegotiated...there is no way he is seeing $27 million next year

The contract will be getting renegotiated...there is no way he is seeing $27 million next year

Going by current contract he signed. Bills have to give him 27M or he walks. So I doubt he would walk for less. And right now his play doesn't warrant picking up that option

The team blew a 2nd and two 4th's on Ragland when ZB is a better piece to pair with Preston. I said that the day of the draft, it will be interesting to see what they do if ZB continues to play at this level.

Easy if Rex Ryan is fired (doubt it but never know)

Re-Sign Brown. Having 3 everydown LBers is not a bad thing.

Also you can move back to a 4-3 with a new coach if you want with this set up.

WLB - Z. Brown

MLB - P. Brown

SLB - Reggie Ragland

Going by current contract he signed. Bills have to give him 27M or he walks. So I doubt he would walk for less. And right now his play doesn't warrant picking up that option

Easy if Rex Ryan is fired (doubt it but never know)

Re-Sign Brown. Having 3 everydown LBers is not a bad thing.

Also you can move back to a 4-3 with a new coach if you want with this set up.

WLB - Z. Brown

MLB - P. Brown

SLB - Reggie Ragland

Yeah but this 3-4 Hughes, Brown, Brown, Lorax/Lawson is better than one that includes Rags in the middle. The Brown's compliment eachother well.

The team blew a 2nd and two 4th's on Ragland when ZB is a better piece to pair with Preston. I said that the day of the draft, it will be interesting to see what they do if ZB continues to play at this level.

How dare this team have depth!!

But seriously, you dont know how Ragland will pair with Preston, and having to decide what to do with Zach Brown is a GOOD PROBLEM TO HAVE.

I'd rather be asking "What do we do with all of these good players?" than "Where can we get just one good player?"

How dare this team have depth!!

But seriously, you dont know how Ragland will pair with Preston, and having to decide what to do with Zach Brown is a GOOD PROBLEM TO HAVE.

I'd rather be asking "What do we do with all of these good players?" than "Where can we get just one good player?"

It's a thread about resigning ZB, that's what I'm talking about. It's going to be a tough call, does the team give him a big contract after investing so much in Ragland? Surely they want Ragland on the field and not being a depth guy, if ZB continues this level of play he won't be accepting a similar contract that he is currently playing under.

This thread is exactly that, which good player/players would you keep if you could only have one. The team would most likely ink Gilmore and let ZB go as they just took Ragland.

Edited by Commonsense

It's a thread about resigning ZB, that's what I'm talking about. It's going to be a tough call, does the team give him a big contract after investing so much in Ragland? Surely they want Ragland on the field and not being a depth guy, if ZB continues this level of play he won't be accepting a similar contract that he is currently playing under.

This thread is exactly that, which good player/players would you keep if you could only have one. The team would most likely ink Gilmore and let ZB go as they just took Ragland.

Sure we have some picks invested in Ragland, but those are as good as gone. Moving forward we have very little cash invested in him.

Do you think there is a reasonable price between Brown's current 1yr/$1.25M contract and "top money", where the Bills may be able to keep Brown with a raise but not breaking the bank? Considering Ragland, Shaq, Washington, Preston, and Darby will all be playing at Rookie Contract wages (along with our freshly drafted Safety, and possibly cutting Kyle)? Looks like Dareus, Hughes, and AWilliams are the only ones really getting paid right now. And Hughes and AWilliams are on high-value deals.

I dont know that it has to be an either/or situation.

Sure we have some picks invested in Ragland, but those are as good as gone. Moving forward we have very little cash invested in him.

Do you think there is a reasonable price between Brown's current 1yr/$1.25M contract and "top money", where the Bills may be able to keep Brown with a raise but not breaking the bank? Considering Ragland, Shaq, Washington, Preston, and Darby will all be playing at Rookie Contract wages (along with our freshly drafted Safety, and possibly cutting Kyle)? Looks like Dareus, Hughes, and AWilliams are the only ones really getting paid right now. And Hughes and AWilliams are on high-value deals.

I dont know that it has to be an either/or situation.

I hope it's not, just guessing what the team would do. The RWS makes keeping both possible but a move like that would have to be made with the acceptance that Ragland/ZB playtime would be limited and with so much bravado in the NFL it seems like a stretch to me.

Shane Ray doesn't start for the Broncos. Dude gets 3 sacks last week. You need all the bodies that you can get

Edited by Mr. Negative

His cap his will only be 16 mil. Considering what Osweiler got in Houston, that will be a steal. He just beat the Pats and Cards defenses. What do you need to see boss? I'm not saying he's elite or even top 10. But he's doing what he needs to do these past few games and doing it for a reasonable price.

Also, we will be picking 10-20 in all likelihood. Who do you think is starting for us?

Zach Brown or Gilmore?

We have a potential pro bowl caliber CB in Darby playing on a rookie deal. Gilmore evidently wants top CB money. Based off four games, I'm resigning Brown.

Thoughts?

Z Brown looks great. Gilmore could be tagged if need be but I wouldn't be crushed if they opt to let him walk. I feel like Whaley knows how to take care of DB and LBs so he'll make the right call here.... Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

His cap his will only be 16 mil. Considering what Osweiler got in Houston, that will be a steal. He just beat the Pats and Cards defenses. What do you need to see boss? I'm not saying he's elite or even top 10. But he's doing what he needs to do these past few games and doing it for a reasonable price.

Also, we will be picking 10-20 in all likelihood. Who do you think is starting for us?

I need to see him use the Middle of the field and be able to still be effective once adjustments are made.

So year through 4 games I am not picking up that option