OT- Star Wars, Return of the Sith

SF Bills Fan

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

awesome...i've been looking forward to this for years (and I'm not old enough to have lived through the originals in their early releases - I can only imagine what you old farts are going through)

250710[/snapback]

same here, i love star wars, but since i was born in '81, there was no way i could have seen them...i am so sorry i missed out...:unsure:

awesome...i've been looking forward to this for years (and I'm not old enough to have lived through the originals in their early releases - I can only imagine what you old farts are going through)

250710[/snapback]

"Old" fart here..... it's feels like someone going through detox must feel. I know my next fix is coming, but it won't get here soon enough.

Lucas said this would be very dark....  It looks really good!  I just hope somebody wacks out Jar Jar!

Jar Jar survives the film, but don't worry, it's plenty dark. Vader and Palpatine do some evil deeds in this one. Among them:

***SPOILERS***

- Anakin cuts off Dooku's hands, leaving him helpless, then cuts off his head at the urging of Palpatine.

- Palpatine zaps Mace Windu with lightning then sends him flying through the window of a skyscraper.

- Anakin (he's actually Vader in name at this point) leads stormtroopers into the Jedi Temple and cleans house, even killing young Jedi-in-training.

- Anakin force-chokes Padme, which eventually leads to her death.

it looks like it will be very good and much better than the predecessors

The problem isn't what it looks like, it's what it sounds like.

Some of the most stultifyingly bad dialogue in the history of theatre makes these movies nearly unwatchable unless they're muted.

But htey sure look cool as shlt. :unsure:

Cya

the origninal 3 movies were a great experience, the prequels destroyed all that was great about the 1st three.

I had to be dragged to the movies to see star wars, i was 10, but I was never the same after that.

I didn't want to see a movie my older sister said was cool

the origninal 3 movies were a great experience, the prequels destroyed all that was great about the 1st three.

I had to be dragged to the movies to see star wars, i was 10, but I was never the same after that.

I didn't want to see a movie my older sister said was cool

I thought it was a love story, but what did I know at 7? Went to see it on my bro's b-day and like you, was never the same after that. I even got the original Star Wars action figures, that you had to send-away for. Wish I'd kept them intact!

250813[/snapback]

No WAY bro......there is nothing that could ever happen that could tarnish the originals. Just like there was no way the prequels were ever going to recapture the magic of the originals.

No WAY bro......there is nothing that could ever happen that could tarnish the originals. Just like there was no way the prequels were ever going to recapture the magic of the originals.

250992[/snapback]

Dont get AJ started on this. :D:unsure:

The problem isn't what it looks like, it's what it sounds like.

Some of the most stultifyingly bad dialogue in the history of theatre makes these movies nearly unwatchable unless they're muted.

But htey sure look cool as shlt.  :unsure:

Cya

250807[/snapback]

You can't talk about what Star Wars SOUNDS like unless you include the soundtracks by our generation's greatest composer. These movies could stand with visual and music alone.

I know it's the popular thing to say, but the first two prequels have been really disappointing to me. Just not well made in my opinion. One of the biggest problems I've had is that because it's all shot on a sound stage in front of a blue screen it really lost the organic feel of the original three for me. I'm still looking forward to Ep. 3 and will line up for the midnight showing in fact. I hope like hell Lucas can salvage these prequels with one last great effort, but I'm starting to suspect that he doesn't have it in him anymore.

I know it's the popular thing to say, but the first two prequels have been really disappointing to me.  Just not well made in my opinion.  One of the biggest problems I've had is that because it's all shot on a sound stage in front of a blue screen it really lost the organic feel of the original three for me.  I'm still looking forward to Ep. 3 and will line up for the midnight showing in fact.  I hope like hell Lucas can salvage these prequels with one last great effort, but I'm starting to suspect that he doesn't have it in him anymore.

251230[/snapback]

I have to agree with you there......as pretty as the new films look, I'll take the old special effects techniques over the new ones any day.