OT- Star Wars, Return of the Sith

SF Bills Fan

Lucas has repeatedly said this will be the darkest film of all the Star Wars series, darker than Empire. I read an article this week where he said children should not go and see this film because of the massive amount of violence involved.

I'm expecting this movie will get at least a PG-13 rating, which would be different from all the other movies that had PG ratings.

This is the one everybody has looked forward too, how Anakin becomes Darth Vader, it's gonna be awesome!!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think General Grievious looks like a badass character. He is like Darth Vader, evidently. He is  more of a machine than person now. One of the best character in this series was Darth Maul and he got whacked too soon.

251362[/snapback]

For the background on Grievious, read Labyrinth of Evil -- I'm about halfway through -- that book is intense.

For the background on Grievious, read Labyrinth of Evil -- I'm about halfway through -- that book is intense.

251397[/snapback]

Yeah I read some stuff about him on some sites. He is a Jedi killer and displays their lightsabres as trophies on his belt. He wasn't ever a real man, he was created as a combo of both man and machine. I'll bet there is a great fight scene with him and Obi-Wan.

Lucas irritates me by changing his movies every time they are re-released. For example, at the end of ROTJ, the actor playing Anakin's spirit is replaced by the fore-mentioned sissy boy from EPIII. SUPER LAME!!!!!!

251517[/snapback]

Heh...guess ars gratia artis is out the window here in the 21st century, huh? :blush:

Lucas irritates me by changing his movies every time they are re-released. For example, at the end of ROTJ, the actor playing Anakin's spirit is replaced by the fore-mentioned sissy boy from EPIII. SUPER LAME!!!!!!

251517[/snapback]

continuity

I think General Grievious looks like a badass character. He is like Darth Vader, evidently. He is  more of a machine than person now. One of the best character in this series was Darth Maul and he got whacked too soon.

251362[/snapback]

Maybe I'm just childish, but I thought it would be cool if Greivous was Darth Maul reconstructed a la Annakin reconstructed into Vader.

Maybe I'm just childish, but I thought it would be cool if Greivous was Darth Maul reconstructed a la Annakin reconstructed into Vader.

251531[/snapback]

Interesting idea. I was bummed that Maul made an early exit yet the character of Jar Jar lived on to annoy.

Yeah I read some stuff about him on some sites. He is a Jedi killer and displays their  lightsabres as trophies on his belt. He wasn't ever a real man, he was created as a combo of both man and machine. I'll bet there is a great fight scene with him and Obi-Wan.

251433[/snapback]

According to Labyrinth, Grievious was a real "man" (not human I don't think, but a real person/character who lived prior to being constructed). I'll have to go home to dig out the background, but it was really one of the better backgrounds that the Star Wars novels have done. Most supporting characters have backgrounds that are really lacking in depth, but GG was fairly rich in development.

Before seeing the new movie, in the meantime, I highly recommend "Labyrinth of Evil".  It takes place between Episodes 2 and 3.  There's a hell of a lot of action between the two movies.

250825[/snapback]

I liked the Timothy Zahn books detailing how Grand Admiral Thrawn tried to take over after Vader's demise.

I liked the Timothy Zahn books detailing how Grand Admiral Thrawn tried to take over after Vader's demise.

251623[/snapback]

Heir to the Empire, excellent books, in fact, I believe they were the first non-lucas material dealing with SW....

Perhaps the biggest mistake in the whole thing.

251717[/snapback]

Yeah I think Darth Maul should have been developed all through the prequels as Palpatine's right hand man. Leading to the ultimate showdown with Annakin in Ep. 3 where Annakin ascends to this role. But I guess that's why I'm sitting here posting crap on a message board and Lucas is on his ranch getting a massage from his harem of 70 virgins or whatever it is billionaires do with their money.

Anakin force-chokes Padme, which eventually leads to her death.

250789[/snapback]

:(;) natalie portman is too hot to kill ;)

also a deviation from the original trilogy. in ROTJ luke asks leia if she knew her real mother and leia said she remembered a little and that she died when leia was very young