This just in, Rex is a pretty good Head Coach after all!!

ChanOverChin

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It sounds like Rexy is doing a Head Coach thing. He is letting the OC call the offense and Thurman call the Defense. If he sticks to that, he may be alright. Look at Pederson in Philly. He has a DC and OC. He plays the head coach gig. Thats why I think when/if rexy gets canned, they should go with a ST/Asst Head Coach.

You know this how?

Whether you like them or not, these guys work their asses off. Some of these guys sleep at the stadium.

The amount of time that these coaches prepare is outrageous.

You know this how?

It's pretty obvious to me, but believe what you want. No, I don't have direct evidence Peter

They didn't get their defense installed last year...........despite an extra round of OTA's as a new staff........and that basically cost them the season.

Inexcusable and can only be attributed to preparation/work.

Rex has an incredible amount of coaches relative to players.

My contention was that he hired such a huge contingent because he thought he could circumvent living at the office by delegating the work.

He forgot the first rule of management.

Oh. You got me with that tired line. Keep the empty conjecture coming. It's a huge contribution to TSW. :thumbsup:

You gotta' admit that it is funny that your weak link is your takes and your strong suit is your links. :lol:

Less talkin' more linkin'.

You can be replaced......ask that beerguy.

BillsFan11,

"Tyrod is Michael Vick in his prime? You're saying he needs to play like Michael Vick in his prime, or he is like him? Cause Vick was unbelievable when in his prime."

I think Tyrod has the potential be just like Vick in his prime......and that is truly saying something because Vick was a top notch athlete and standout QB in his day. The Bills obviously think so too since they signed him to his most recent big money contract.

Is he Vick in his prime now?? Probably not. He has a lot to prove, but he certainly has the athletic ability, speed, and arm strength to be just like Mike. I've seen flashes. One thing they do have in common for sure is that both played QB at VA Tech and were big time playmakers in college.

The key is for OC A. Lynn to put Tyrod in situations where he can win with his feet because he's not your prototypical drop back passer NFL QB.

I think most teams would prefer to have a prototypical NFL QB, but when you don't have that player you have to find ways to succeed with what you do have.

With Tyrod, I think you have to consider moving the pocket more often than you usually would with a proto NFL QB because when he's outside of the pocket he's not contained and now he's capable of being a dangerous runner. Someone who can take it to the house, which most NFL QBs can't do. Most LBs are not going to be able to track him once he has broken contain.

Tyrod is especially dangerous when he's out of the pocket because the defense doesn't know if he's going to run or pass the ball at the last second as he approaches the LOS. That is an advantage that Lynn needs to exploit.

Rex is counting on Tyrod very heavily to work out for him. If he does, I think Rex will be around for a long time. If he doesn't, that could obviously be a big problem for Rex.

So now you expect the Bills to beat the Pats in NE or Rex is a horrible HC?? I mean c'mon man.

The rest of the league can't beat the Pats, but the Bills have to in order to vindicate Rex.

It's just unfortunate for the Bills that they have had to deal with HOF HCs within their division for so many years. First it was D. Shula. Then B. Parcells. And now B. Belichick.

The point of this thread was simply to point out that Rex Ryan is a very capable NFL HC. Capable of beating the very best that the NFL has to offer. Even with the deck stacked against him (i.e. with so many of his best players out), he managed to beat one of the top three teams in the entire league.

I don't like Rex. With that said. I think he CAN be a decent HC if...

He tries and puts the time in CONSISTENTLY that it takes to be a successful NFL coach

Is open to adapting and not trying g to force his system. Keep the ego in check.

Coach/Manage the team thru his coaches and not try to do everything himself. It seems the last 10 days was a step in that direction.

Extremely, cautiously optimistic. But, believe Rex will go back to his old ways more often than not.

So now you expect the Bills to beat the Pats in NE or Rex is a horrible HC?? I mean c'mon man.

The rest of the league can't beat the Pats, but the Bills have to in order to vindicate Rex.

It's just unfortunate for the Bills that they have had to deal with HOF HCs within their division for so many years. First it was D. Shula. Then B. Parcells. And now B. Belichick.

The point of this thread was simply to point out that Rex Ryan is a very capable NFL HC. Capable of beating the very best that the NFL has to offer. Even with the deck stacked against him (i.e. with so many of his best players out), he managed to beat one of the top three teams in the entire league.

The Bills controlled the game from the beginning. Rex's defense forced five 3-and-outs in a row to start the game against a very high scoring team with probably the best play caller in the league. It was Rex Ryan vs Bruce Arians and Rex won.......and it wasn't even close.

It's easy......extremely easy.............to say the Bills suck, the coach sucks, fire the coach. But firing the coach means starting from scratch and I really don't want to do that at this point.

if this team can get back the vital players that I mentioned above and soon they can make a run at the playoffs with Rex as the HC.

Hey FireRex, why don't you ask Carson Palmer what he thinks of Rex Ryan's defense???

Arizona was a good team last year! Each year in the NFL mostly all teams change with the addition of different players, coaches. Each year is a new year and teams need to earn their respective rankings so basically what they did last season really doesn't reflect the outcome of the new season in many cases.

The last three games of 2015 for Arizona saw Carson Palmer throw nine picks and the Cardinals get beaten badly by both the Seahawks and Panthers. Against the Panthers he had a passer rating of 43.2, against the Bills he had a passer rating of 36.0! We don't know how good the Cardinals will be this season and so far the only team they have beaten are the Bucs at Arizona who had to make that cross-country flight like the Cards.

Like others, I'll reserve judgement on the 2016 Buffalo Bills until they win more games and the same goes for Ryan. The rest of the Bills schedule doesn't look like a cake walk either. @ Patriots, @ Rams, 49ers, @ Miami, Patriots with Brady, @ Seattle.

We will know more in about six weeks.