Rex's "antiquated" Defense

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do have 1 issue with the way the defense was called today, but they were able to turn it back on so it didnt hurt at the end of the day. I thought they took their foots off the gas on defense too early. I dont know why Rex does that so often, I would rather not turn it off like he did until late in the 4th, but either way guess that would be nitpicking

I don't know about antiquated.... Inconsistent absolutely. Go back to last year, they put together great games and than have complete dumpster fire games.

Year 2 and PB knows where to be.

2 of 3 strong showings ain't too shabby, wish TT was awake for week 1

Add in some reinforcements and it's not looking too bad.

So the defense has been cash money in 2 out of 3 games.

Guess it's not antiquated as everyone's favorite broken record says.

Go Rex go.

And in the 2nd game the players were in positions to make plays plenty of times. The secondary simply did not make them on those jump balls.

If TT was doing anything week 1 we would be talking about a decent start the season minus 1 freak meltdown against the Jets in the secondary.

With that said...we look like we are not so good. Even after today nobody should be sold on anything.

Today probably wasn't the day to see it w/ all the injuries...but we need to show the passing game can carry us when we need it.

Edited by dayman

I do have 1 issue with the way the defense was called today, but they were able to turn it back on so it didnt hurt at the end of the day. I thought they took their foots off the gas on defense too early. I dont know why Rex does that so often, I would rather not turn it off like he did until late in the 4th, but either way guess that would be nitpicking

We were also playing a pretty darn good offense....just sayin

Your not gonna hold down a offense like that for a whole game

I'm sold the cardinals aren't as good as advertised.

Of course....it HAS to be that right?

We were also playing a pretty darn good offense....just sayin

Your not gonna hold down a offense like that for a whole game

Of course....it HAS to be that right?

So they didnt take their foot off the gas in the third and start with the 3 man rush and drop 8?

In all fairness, if you watched the game, Carson Palmer played terrible today. We had good pressure and played well with the ball in the air (thank God), but Palmer was terrible.

You get pressure on guys and hit them they start rushing throws even when there's no pressure. Yeah, he played poorly, but much of that was brought on by a very good D performance.

As the commentators said, the DB's were just making plays this week. They were in position last week and just couldn't make the same plays.

I've been very happy with Alexander filling in for Shaq. Spikes for Ragland has been good too.

Now Dareus......!@#$ Dareus. I can only imagine our pass rush with that selfish !@#$ plowing up the middle

As the commentators said, the DB's were just making plays this week. They were in position last week and just couldn't make the same plays.

I've been very happy with Alexander filling in for Shaq. Spikes for Ragland has been good too.

Now Dareus......!@#$ Dareus. I can only imagine our pass rush with that selfish !@#$ plowing up the middle

Preston and Zach Brown are looking good. They held Dangerous David Johnson in check.