Brady vs. Manning after Pats 3-0 start

prophrox2

Bills on the way to a possibly historically horrid season and some Buffalo fans turn to terminal whining.

The combo of Brady and Belichick is the best in the history of the game.

Brady is arguably the greatest QB ever.

Belichick is the best coach I have ever seen in any sport.

I wish the Bills had had the good fortune to have either or both.

Everyone here wishes the same, whether they can admit it or not.

Two weeks into the season and trying to poke holes in Brady and Belichick is the best some of you got.

We did win the offseason, though.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So we're writing history because of 3 games? If Jimmy G or Jacoby won a meaningful game, this might mean something.

Otherwise, this is just a knee jerk reaction.

In the NFL they are all important games. That said I thought Jimmy G looked good and Jocoby played as well as, if not higher than what can be expected of s rookie with 3 days of prep as a starter.

Sorry Brady is the best ever

Let me guess you have watched football around 16-20 years. Brady is not the best ever.

in fact there is one guy who won four superbowls lost zero. And his team didn't have to cheat.

didn't take you long to annoy people here like the last place you where on. and then banned?

In the NFL they are all important games. That said I thought Jimmy G looked good and Jocoby played as well as, if not higher than what can be expected of s rookie with 3 days of prep as a starter.

Agree in theory. But we know a game in September doesn't mean as much as one in January (well at least Bills fans used to know that :( ).

Let me guess you have watched football around 16-20 years. Brady is not the best ever.

in fact there is one guy who won four superbowls lost zero. And his team didn't have to cheat.

didn't take you long to annoy people here like the last place you where on. and then banned?

Well to counter:

Montana won those in a league with salary caps playing with the best wr ever. And Steve Young stepped in and they never missed a beat.

Agree in theory. But we know a game in September doesn't mean as much as one in January (well at least Bills fans used to know that :( ).

I agree with that, before I saw the absolute crap the Texans did last night I thought it could have been for HFA in the playoffs making it an important game. I think I may have over estimated how good the Texans were. 😳😳

Brady 50x better than manning

Seriously, it's silly this even a question. Peyton is the great regular season/ fantasy/ terrible commercial qb ever.

Now, let's get to the point where we compare their playoffs stats. If you had a gun to your head and had to pick one to win one playoff game, you're playing Russian Roulette if you pick Peyton.

Seriously, it's silly this even a question. Peyton is the great regular season/ fantasy/ terrible commercial qb ever.

Now, let's get to the point where we compare their playoffs stats. If you had a gun to your head and had to pick one to win one playoff game, you're playing Russian Roulette if you pick Peyton.

And I'm only picking Brady if he comes with Belichick, without whom Brady couldn't even hold a starting job in college.

The fact of the matter is that the both of them are 2 of the greatest QBs to ever live (they may be 1 and 2). Brady clearly benefited from having one of the best coaches in history and Manning led his team, repeatedly, to winning seasons and when he missed one it was clear how important he was...

Anyway you slice it - Brady is a winner, Belichek is a winner, Manning is a winner. WINNERS WIN AND LOSERS LOSE. And we are Bills fans and what do we have - a team that hasn't made the playoffs this millennium and a coach who has a sub 500 career record with no hope of changing his ways... We have only had 4 winners at QB in our history - Kemp, Kelly, Reich and Flutie (and don't say what about Ferguson - he was a good QB, but he was a loser). This franchise is not going to change until we get winners at coach and QB. I am hoping we have one of those 2 spots filled, but clearly we don't have the other.

Yes! I told you someone would say it.

And there's actually two guys who did that. How long have YOU been watching football?

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Are you referring to the steroid-riddled Steelers or some other team?

Richard Rydze, a Pittsburgh Steelers team doctor from 1985 to 2007, was indicted in 2012 for his long history of purchasing and illegally prescribing anabolic steroids, human growth hormones and painkillers. The physician was also charged with health care fraud for falsely diagnosing more than 90 patients with pituitary dwarfism so they could receive human growth hormones and drugs meant to counteract the side-effects of steroid use.

In the decade prior to Rydze's tenure, many Steelers also admitted to using steroids to gain an advantage. Former Steelers quarterback Terry Bradshaw admitted in 2008 that he used steroids during his playing career. Bradshaw said on Dan Patrick's radio show: “We did steroids to get away the aches and the speed of healing. My use of steroids from a doctor was to speed up injury, and thought nothing of it. It was to speed up the healing process, that was it. It wasn't to get bigger and stronger and faster.”

Former Saints coach Jim Haslett accused the '70s Steelers of being "the ones who kind of started" steroid use in the NFL.

Said Haslett: "It started, really, in Pittsburgh. They got an advantage on a lot of football teams. They were so much stronger (in the) '70s, late '70s, early '80s.

Former Vikings and Giants quarterback Fran Tarkenton corroborated Haslett's story in a June 2009 interview, saying: "We’re playing the Steelers in the Super Bowl in ’75 or ’76 … we’re on the field warming up, and I see these Steeler offensive linemen with their sleeves rolled up, and they've got these bulging muscles. Later, we found out it that … these guys were juiced … all of them."

"We talk now about (former baseball stars) Roger Clemens and Barry Bonds. But how about the Steelers of that era? Did that make a difference? Yeah, it made a difference. It increased their performance.”

Edited by Kemp

In light of the Pats 3-0 start I again start to think Manning was the better QB - I know he has less rings and Brady is the best of all time, but I feel like J.P. Losman may have gotten a ring as QB of the Pats assuming the cheater was the coach.

Hahaha b.c of three games...

Are you referring to the steroid-riddled Steelers or some other team?

Richard Rydze, a Pittsburgh Steelers team doctor from 1985 to 2007, was indicted in 2012 for his long history of purchasing and illegally prescribing anabolic steroids, human growth hormones and painkillers. The physician was also charged with health care fraud for falsely diagnosing more than 90 patients with pituitary dwarfism so they could receive human growth hormones and drugs meant to counteract the side-effects of steroid use.

In the decade prior to Rydze's tenure, many Steelers also admitted to using steroids to gain an advantage. Former Steelers quarterback Terry Bradshaw admitted in 2008 that he used steroids during his playing career. Bradshaw said on Dan Patrick's radio show: We did steroids to get away the aches and the speed of healing. My use of steroids from a doctor was to speed up injury, and thought nothing of it. It was to speed up the healing process, that was it. It wasn't to get bigger and stronger and faster.

Former Saints coach Jim Haslett accused the '70s Steelers of being "the ones who kind of started" steroid use in the NFL.

Said Haslett: "It started, really, in Pittsburgh. They got an advantage on a lot of football teams. They were so much stronger (in the) '70s, late '70s, early '80s.

Former Vikings and Giants quarterback Fran Tarkenton corroborated Haslett's story in a June 2009 interview, saying: "Were playing the Steelers in the Super Bowl in 75 or 76 were on the field warming up, and I see these Steeler offensive linemen with their sleeves rolled up, and they've got these bulging muscles. Later, we found out it that these guys were juiced all of them."

"We talk now about (former baseball stars) Roger Clemens and Barry Bonds. But how about the Steelers of that era? Did that make a difference? Yeah, it made a difference. It increased their performance.

Great post. I'm sure he was referring to Montana and the 49ers even though he claims to have been a football fan since 1964 and didn't realize that two qb's were 4-0 in Super Bowls.