9-21: Rex, Shady, and Tyrod Pressers from OBD

26CornerBlitz

TYROD TAYLOR: "WE'RE TAKING IT WEEK BY WEEK" (7:23)

QB Tyrod Taylor talks about the change at offensive coordinator, the importance of each game, a simplified offense and more.

REX RYAN: "WE KNOW WE HAVE TO GET BETTER" (18:30)

HC Rex Ryan addressed the media prior to practice topics included; play calling on offense, defensive challenges playing against the Arizona Cardinals, and an injury update.

LeSean McCoy: "He's a Tough Coach" (8:23)

RB LeSean McCoy talks about OC Anthony Lynn, having a coordinator up in the booth vs. being on the sideline, how the offense will change and more.

There is an interesting exchange between LeSean and Sullen. I am impressed with how LeSean kept his cool. It starts at about 4:11. Here is my best attempt at a transcript but it is better to listen for yourselves.

Sullen: Two more black men shot dead since your last game . . . .

LM: I have got nothing to say . . . .

JS: Do you think that there will be more protests in the league . . . .

LM: I just want to stay off that topic.

JS: Why? . . .

LM: That is my free will. Can I say no or can I say yes?

JS: Ok. Thank you.

LM: I said no, I do not want to address it. Thank you.

JS: You want to talk about race when you get thrown out of Pitt . . .Philadelphia. inaudible

LM: Thank you. Thank you.

Someone asks another question.

Something inaudible.

LM: Take it easy buddy.

Other reporter continues to ask questions

Something inaudible

LM: See you Jerry.

As an aside, Sal C tweeted a photo of LeSean and the two star athletes Jerry Sullivan and Sal M.

https://twitter.com/SalSports/status/778659174045528064

P.S. For perspective, it is important to note that Sully's buddy Bucky wrote a column (before all the facts came out) arguing that the Bills should have cut LeSean right then and there. It is clear to me given this history and listening to Sullivan ask questions in many PCs through the years that Sully was trying to push buttons to get a reaction out of LeSean . . . a reaction that Sully no doubt would use in a negative fashion against him. LeSean did not take the bait and Sully did not seem happy about that at all.

Edited by Peter

There is an interesting exchange between LeSean and Sullen. I am impressed with how LeSean kept his cool. It starts at about 4:11. Here is my best attempt at a transcript but it is better to listen for yourselves.

JS: You want to talk about race when you get thrown out of Pitt . . .Philadelphia. inaudible

Some one asks another question.

Something inaudible.

Something inaudible

As an aside, Sal C tweeted a photo of LeSean and the two star athletes Jerry Sullivan and Sal M.

Shady should have give him the Cam Newton treatment. Sully is such a contemptible bastard.

Richie Incognito: "It's business as usual" (4:17)
Bills guard Richie Incognito discusses the team's offensive adjustments and what OC Anthony Lynn has planned going into the game against Arizona.

Gilmore: "I'm looking forward to the challenge" (1:49)
Bills cornerback Stephon Gilmore discusses the challenges posed by Arizona's offense and what it's going to take to bounce back in week 3.

Something inaudible.

Something inaudible

P.S. For perspective, it is important to note that Sully's buddy Bucky wrote a column (before all the facts came out) arguing that the Bills should have cut LeSean right then and there. It is clear to me given this history and listening to Sullivan ask questions in many PCs through the years that Sully was trying to push buttons to get a reaction out of LeSean . . . a reaction that Sully no doubt would use in a negative fashion against him. LeSean did not take the bait and Sully did not seem happy about that at all.

ROTFL! That was beautiful. It kind of needs to be seen to be appreciated. Lesean swatted Sully off like a bothersome horsefly. Do I interpret correctly that after LeSean refused to answer his beautiful race-baiting questions, Sully stalked out of the room in a huff rather than stay and ask questions about, oh Idunno, football?

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

And with that, Jerry Sullivan cements himself as an uncreative, race-baiting, complete POS, hack.

Why even ask those questions? Has any Bill even gone along with Kapernick protest?

This guy is a joke. I mean, remember his attempt at being a creative journalist buy writing columns about his alter ego? Complete hack. Fortunately, alot of my fellow TSWs already know this.

Edited by It's in My Blood

And with that, Jerry Sullivan cements himself as an uncreative, race-baiting, complete POS, hack.

Why even ask those questions? Has any Bill even gone along with Kapernick protest?

This guy is a joke. I mean, remember his attempt at being a creative journalist buy writing columns about his alter ego? Complete hack. Fortunately, alot of my fellow TSWs already know this.

Sullivan asked race questions to Cam Newton at the Super Bowl too and then got pissed when Cam brushed him off

On the upside, he probably can find much comfort and sympathy in the office from Timmah Graham.

Provided they don't go out to eat, and Jerry orders a side of garlic redskin potatoes.

Because then Timmah will snap.

That's the most uncomfortable I've ever seen Tyrod in a presser. All the "ah.. um..." filler. I left with the impression that the firing of Roman very much caught him by surprise, blindsided him, and left him a bit shell-shocked, maybe that's the wrong term. From what he said about how he'd like to "thank Coach Roman, he did a lot for my career" (the most genuine, sincere sounding part of the presser), I left with the impression that Roman was a strong Tyrod supporter and Tyrod feels a little insecure right now.

I also had the impression from what he said that there really wasn't anything nefarious about the Pegula-player meetings, they weren't asked and didn't try to backstab Roman as coach, they might have been asked more neutral questions like are there plays you would like to see run, what are your ideas for changes that would help, and the Pegulas worked from that.

ROTFL! That was beautiful. It kind of needs to be seen to be appreciated. Lesean swatted Sully off like a bothersome horsefly. Do I interpret correctly that after LeSean refused to answer his beautiful race-baiting questions, Sully stalked out of the room in a huff rather than stay and ask questions about, oh Idunno, football?

That is the way that I interpreted it. Sully is a complete embarrassment to himself and TBN. He really owes LeSean an apology for the petulant way in which he reacted to Lesean politely declining to be drawn into this. It is both funny and ironic that the guy whom Bucky/Sully claim should be cut for being in a bar fight taught Sully (overweight, middle aged or more keyboard jockey) a lesson in maturity.

That's the most uncomfortable I've ever seen Tyrod in a presser. All the "ah.. um..." filler. I left with the impression that the firing of Roman very much caught him by surprise, blindsided him, and left him a bit shell-shocked, maybe that's the wrong term. From what he said about how he'd like to "thank Coach Roman, he did a lot for my career" (the most genuine, sincere sounding part of the presser), I left with the impression that Roman was a strong Tyrod supporter and Tyrod feels a little insecure right now.

I also had the impression from what he said that there really wasn't anything nefarious about the Pegula-player meetings, they weren't asked and didn't try to backstab Roman as coach, they might have been asked more neutral questions like are there plays you would like to see run, what are your ideas for changes that would help, and the Pegulas worked from that.

I have a feeling that TT -- rightly or wrongly -- feels responsible for Roman being let go.

Edited by Peter

Something inaudible.

Something inaudible

This reminds me of the Ted Black press conference with the Buffalo News asking questions "which question do you want me to answer before you interrupt it" and "well ive already heard one of your colleagues say they've already written a story for tomorrow and you're interrupting questions"