9-21: Rex, Shady, and Tyrod Pressers from OBD

26CornerBlitz

Robert Woods: "We Need to Execute" (2:31)
WR Robert Woods addressed the media inside the locker room topics included; 3rd down offense, Arizona's defense, and the offense under new Offensive Coordinator Anthony Lynn.

Aaron Williams: "We are a Competitive Group" (1:21)
S Aaron Williams addressed the media inside the locker room topics included; bouncing back from the Jets game, Arizona's offense, and forcing turnovers.

This reminds me of the Ted Black press conference with the Buffalo News asking questions "which question do you want me to answer before you interrupt it" and "well ive already heard one of your colleagues say they've already written a story for tomorrow and you're interrupting questions"

That press conference set the bar for the all time worst performance by the usual suspects at TBN. That was cringe worthy to the extreme.

There is an interesting exchange between LeSean and Sullen. I am impressed with how LeSean kept his cool. It starts at about 4:11. Here is my best attempt at a transcript but it is better to listen for yourselves.

Sullen: Two more black men shot dead since your last game . . . .

LM: I have got nothing to say . . . .

JS: Do you think that there will be more protests in the league . . . .

LM: I just want to stay off that topic.

JS: Why? . . .

LM: That is my free will. Can I say no or can I say yes?

JS: Ok. Thank you.

LM: I said no, I do not want to address it. Thank you.

JS: You want to talk about race when you get thrown out of Pitt . . .Philadelphia. inaudible

LM: Thank you. Thank you.

Someone asks another question.

Something inaudible.

LM: Take it easy buddy.

Other reporter continues to ask questions

Something inaudible

LM: See you Jerry.

As an aside, Sal C tweeted a photo of LeSean and the two star athletes Jerry Sullivan and Sal M.

https://twitter.com/SalSports/status/778659174045528064

P.S. For perspective, it is important to note that Sully's buddy Bucky wrote a column (before all the facts came out) arguing that the Bills should have cut LeSean right then and there. It is clear to me given this history and listening to Sullivan ask questions in many PCs through the years that Sully was trying to push buttons to get a reaction out of LeSean . . . a reaction that Sully no doubt would use in a negative fashion against him. LeSean did not take the bait and Sully did not seem happy about that at all.

"No one circles the wagons like the . . . ."

We all know that Chris Berman finishes that sentence with "Buffalo Bills."

I also have noticed that no one circles the wagons like the Buffalo media (on their usual outlets and social media).

As best as I can tell, not one member of the media that covers the Buffalo Bills had anything to say or write about this event.

Not even Sully in his column the next day on the underlying subject of people getting killed.

This is why places like Two Bills Drive and social media (e.g., Twitter etc.) are important. People can turn around and question the media.

The irony is that, as much as some of these guys love to attack players/coaches/owners etc., I have found that certain members of the media have the thinnest of skins. They clearly do not like being questioned themselves.

Just my two cents.

Edited by Peter