Brown Brothers

MAJBobby

I wanted to start a thread that was not negative, not about Tyrod, Not about a GM, Not about a New coach. Instead I wanted to talk about something that is going well.

Going into the 2016 season the LBing unit looked like a Mash Unit, and a significant weakness for this team. After two games it looks like it is the exact opposite and that is because of the Brown Brothers and their play.

I will start with Zach Brown

I knew he was always excellent in coverage, however I did not think I was going to see the instinctive, 3 down LBer I am seeing right now. His play has kept Spikes off the field even on run downs and has shown he is a true 3 down LBer (60-68 snaps against BALT and all 75 Snaps against Jets). Because of his play Bills are not hurt by Raglands injury nearly like everyone thought they would be. Currently sitting with 22 total tackles. This is turning into one hell of a UFA signing.

Preston Brown

What can I say about him, he sucked last year in this defense, and was the main reason everyone wanted a LBer in the draft. But he has played light outs. Looks like he did when Kiko went down. Currently sitting at 24 tackles with one FF and a Fumble Recovery and has bee a leader on the defense. I think he has been on the field for every defensive snap this year, I know he was with the Jets all 75. His play has also made Raglands injury less of a detriment. Also has played very well in coverage as well.

I am impressed with the play of these two and hope that it continues it will be nice going into next year not needing to count on Ragland and can bring him along slow in his recovery.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really could get on board with that. 4 man front with 3 actual 3 Down LBers behind them.

Now just gotta can Rex and the Circus

Zach is potentially athletic enough to play a little in the slot. Not an every down thing but it would help match up against teams that run tempo and don't substitute. I was a little iffy on Zach as a run defender but he's been superb so far. Held Forte to 2 catches for 9 yards in coverage too. Keeps that trend going and he'll earn a new deal.

Play them in front of Shaq - Dareus - ??? - Hughes and prosper.

Zach is potentially athletic enough to play a little in the slot. Not an every down thing but it would help match up against teams that run tempo and don't substitute. I was a little iffy on Zach as a run defender but he's been superb so far. Held Forte to 2 catches for 9 yards in coverage too. Keeps that trend going and he'll earn a new deal.

Play them in front of Shaq - Dareus - ??? - Hughes and prosper.

Washington will be real good in that ??? spot.

Washington will be real good in that ??? spot.

He's the most likely candidate right now (assuming Kyle is a goner). Wouldn't mind spending another draft pick in that area, get me another option to rotate with him. Corbin Bryant backing up Dareus at 1-Tech.

I think our personnel can translate to a 4-3 really well. Biggest issue is the backend.

He's the most likely candidate right now (assuming Kyle is a goner). Wouldn't mind spending another draft pick in that area, get me another option to rotate with him. Corbin Bryant backing up Dareus at 1-Tech.

I think our personnel can translate to a 4-3 really well. Biggest issue is the backend.

Agree. I would look for another 3 Tech rotational guy. I always did think Washington in this draft was a 4-3 (3 Tech) DT anyway over that 3-4DE

Agree. I would look for another 3 Tech rotational guy. I always did think Washington in this draft was a 4-3 (3 Tech) DT anyway over that 3-4DE

Part of why I wasn't exactly happy drafting him, 5-Tech looked like a bad fit. I'll give the kid credit though, he's really applying himself as a 2-gap defender.

I hope we draft a safety this draft. I was screaming on here for us to sign Kevin Byard. The Titans took him and hes playing damn good. Got a pick in his 1st pre-season game. He had 19 picks in college, wish we woulda drafted him. We are real weak at S and Duke Williams is too inconsistent to take Grahams spot. Also a new WR and RT are a must, rite?

Now draft 6'3 Noah Brown at WR in 2017

#whatcanbrowndo4u

Im on board. If we dont take a WR in the 1st 5 rounds ill be pissed.