Tyrod: Regressed?

NoSaint

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

These are fun graphics. Fitz really was better than I think I've ever seen him. Our D was not on point, but Fitz was on fire.

Like I said in another thread, sometimes it's just easier on the soul to tip your hat to the other guy. Fitz literally played his best game ever. He was masterful with his recognition, which he always is, but he had a good day throwing, which he often doesn't.

Actually 9 of 11 with Murray and Penn losing with OAK. Does this say something about where to put emphasis when constructing a team in today's NFL?

HaHa. I enlarged the image and didn't even see Murray. So that means I can't count, either.

I am curious to hear thoughts on the topic of whether tyrod has actually regressed as a passer, or if our perceptions changed

Stat wise...

Last year: 63.7% completions, with 8.0 YPA, TDs on 5.3% of throws, INTs on 1.6%... 216 YPG

This year: 63.5% completions, with 7.8 YPA, TDs on 5.8% of throws, INTs on 1.9%... 204 YPG

2015 QB Rating 99.4, 2016 QB Rating 98.9

2015 QBR 67.8, 2016 QBR 62.5

2015 Sack 8.3%, 2016 Sacks 3.7%

Strengths -- Deep boundary throws, chunk yardage when plays break down

Weaknesses -- over the middle throws/reads, pocket presence, pre snap work

Are we seeing a very similar performance out of the guy (tack on an extra completion or two, and an extra sack or two, and the stats would be near the same), but due to the game outcomes and raised expectations viewing him differently?

He was never that good. His stats if you look at them last year were inflated. He still can't read a defense, zero pocket presence, and still can't read through progressions. He sure can run. They should consider making him a gadget player.

This ain't on Greg Roman!

@thadbrown7

#Bills All22: Tyrod left ton of throws on field. Again. Deep TDs only reason I'm not debating whether Baltimore or Jets his worst gm w Bills

But ... but ... look at his stats! And we scored 31 points! And he was a PRO BOWL ALTERNATE last year!!!!!!!!

This ain't on Greg Roman!

@thadbrown7

#Bills All22: Tyrod left ton of throws on field. Again. Deep TDs only reason I'm not debating whether Baltimore or Jets his worst gm w Bills

Sadly, this has been the weekly refrain going back to last season. I gotta wonder why an off season of film study didn't better inform TT. I just can't believe Roman put the shackles on him to this degree.

Sadly, this has been the weekly refrain going back to last season. I gotta wonder why an off season of film study didn't better inform TT. I just can't believe Roman put the shackles on him to this degree.

its tough to change a guy dramatically when hes a vet, and despite his lack of playing time before last year -- he threw almost 900 passes at a major college (and despite his athleticism was a late rounder) and had several years of NFL coaching. we are hoping that a light comes on that hasnt after a lot of work.

that said, he can still win you some games even as a limited passer with a ton of athleticism, if we maximize that talent.... and who knows, maybe the light will flicker on some.

@BuffRumblings

#BillsMafia, you’re going to want to read @NateGearyWGR’s GIF film breakdown of Tyrod from Week 2.

I feel compelled to begin with mentioning the tremendous job our resident film-room inhabitant Nate Geary did evaluating a handful of Tyrod’s plays from last Thursday’s loss to the Jets.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz