To be any good TT has to make plays with his legs

....lybob

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Likely because that's not going to win in the NFL. The QB has to make plays from the pocket. If you don't, teams figure you out and you will get physically destroyed as a running QB. A la RG III. He had one great season, then teams took away his running and made him " be a quarterback" . We might be seeing the same thing with TT. It's up to him to prove he can be an NFL QB and beat you from the pocket, with the occasional run that will make D coordinators bang their head off a wall.

On the flip side why not do what was working (last season) until opponents actually stop them.

On the flip side why not do what was working (last season) until opponents actually stop them.

I think that's what's happening. Teams had an offseason to figure out TT, and he hasn't looked ready for it. He's going to see more of what the Jets and Ravens did, taking away what he did well last season. He needs to use the middle of the field, and make throws from the pocket. The Bills also miss Karlos Williams contributions in a big way. He was the perfect complement to MCoys style and brought toughness to the Bills running attack that is sorely lacking right now .

I think that's what's happening. Teams had an offseason to figure out TT, and he hasn't looked ready for it. He's going to see more of what the Jets and Ravens did, taking away what he did well last season. He needs to use the middle of the field, and make throws from the pocket. The Bills also miss Karlos Williams contributions in a big way. He was the perfect complement to MCoys style and brought toughness to the Bills running attack that is sorely lacking right now .

Boat the thing is he HAS NOT done what worked well last year....

How many times have you seen him move out of the pocket and either take the option to either run or throw downfield.....I am seeing very little of that and I wonder if that is what got Roman fired

One thing I noticed about Roman last year.....he likes to outsmart himself a lot.....he thinks he is one step ahead of the opposing DC when what he really should be doing is running something till the other team stops it.

You want Taylor to win like Tebow. In order to win with his legs he needs to be more like Cam Newton pass first run second.

No...I want him to play just like Cam Newton minus the big hits

Modern NFL. Let the kid run. Good things happen when the QB breaks contain. Yes he doesn't have the size of Newton but he is faster and usually slides to avoid contact.

I disagree that he can't be effective without running. I think he just needs more time but until then he can win by running the ball.

Why should his development be any different or held to a different standard than everyone's golden child, Russell Wilson???

Modern NFL. Let the kid run. Good things happen when the QB breaks contain. Yes he doesn't have the size of Newton but he is faster and usually slides to avoid contact.

I disagree that he can't be effective without running. I think he just needs more time but until then he can win by running the ball.

Why should his development be any different or held to a different standard than everyone's golden child, Russell Wilson???

Let him run. I want to see throws with anticipation. I want to see using more than just the alleys

Havent seen it. That is a flawed 6th year QB

Boat the thing is he HAS NOT done what worked well last year....

How many times have you seen him move out of the pocket and either take the option to either run or throw downfield.....I am seeing very little of that and I wonder if that is what got Roman fired

One thing I noticed about Roman last year.....he likes to outsmart himself a lot.....he thinks he is one step ahead of the opposing DC when what he really should be doing is running something till the other team stops it.

No...I want him to play just like Cam Newton minus the big hits

I'm thinking that's what teams are taking away so far. The Ravens D lineman saying their plan was to make TT " be a quarterback" was quite telling. He needs to beat what defenses are throwing at him now, and make them get out of it. I doubt teams are defending him the same way that they did last year if he did well against it.

I think they should design it for whatever Tyrod Taylors strengths are

He has a great arm, is accurate (I know he has been a bit off this year).....can make plays with his feet

Let him run. I want to see throws with anticipation. I want to see using more than just the alleys

Havent seen it. That is a flawed 6th year QB

I had to read that 4 times and I still don't really understand your broken English.

Lets see if Lynn can get something more out of him, like Sammy screens or Clay skinny's.

I'm thinking that's what teams are taking away so far. The Ravens D lineman saying their plan was to make TT " be a quarterback" was quite telling. He needs to beat what defenses are throwing at him now, and make them get out of it. I doubt teams are defending him the same way that they did last year if he did well against it.

I dont see the bills forcing the issue....which I think they should.....and if they want to spy or are delaying a rush to see if he moves out of the pocket this should open up an opportunity for a screen play

In other words....Roman was getting outcoached

I had to read that 4 times and I still don't really understand your broken English.

Lets see if Lynn can get something more out of him, like Sammy screens or Clay skinny's.

Ok barney style for you.

Inside the numbers on the Football Field are ignored from Tyrod Taylor. He refuses to look there

He doesnt throw with anticipation the reciever has to be wide open before he throws the ball.

Alley = outside the numbers in football glad you were able to learn something

Ok barney style for you.

Inside the numbers on the Football Field are ignored from Tyrod Taylor. He refuses to look there

He doesnt throw with anticipation the reciever has to be wide open before he throws the ball.

Alley = outside the numbers in football glad you were able to learn something

Sentence structure....learn it

You might need a job someday.

For those that havent seen it or want to ignore this year saying they are anomalies just look at last years passing chart.

Easy to play the run when you have a QB that ignores the middle of the field.

Edited by MAJBobby

I dont see the bills forcing the issue....which I think they should.....and if they want to spy or are delaying a rush to see if he moves out of the pocket this should open up an opportunity for a screen play

In other words....Roman was getting outcoached

That could be. We will find out if AL can outthink some opposing D coordinators. It's so frustrating seeing the Pats O and McDaniels always out coaching everybody.