9-16: Rex and Richie Incognito Talk about the OC Change

26CornerBlitz

Rex Ryan: "We Agreed to Part Ways" (20:56)

The Bills head coach talks about parting ways with Greg Roman, and Anthony Lynn taking over as offensive coordinator.

Richie Incognito: "We're Gonna Get This Right" (8:38)

G Richie Incognito talks about Anthony Lynn taking over as Offensive Coordinator, moving forward in week 3 and more.

Incognito seemed sincere. He's a great communicator and has a future in the booth when he hangs them up.

I,guess my biggest disappointment with him is actually his personal life. I don't like he chose to buy a Rolls Royce over a Lambo. He is getting old maybe built for comfort not for speed is the way he rolls now.

It could be that Roman wasn't doing his best job and that's what Rex thought so he fired him.

OTOH, This run first offense is predicated on being able to run the ball to open up the passing game to help out that inexperienced 2nd year starting QB. So, now coming into this year opposing teams realize that if they work to stuff the run and force the QB to beat them it causes major problems with this current run first offense.

Let's face some facts here that the Ravens were able to shut down the Bills run game and Roman didn't have Tyrod running option plays probably for fear of getting him injured. The Jets were also able to shut down the Bills run game and the only reason the Bills moved the ball is because Tyrod made something out of nothing.

Running the ball all game also helps the defense by keeping them on the bench and fresh rather than on the field all game and getting worn out at the end.

Just on another note that Rex Ryan has been a QB killer in that both Geno Smith and Mark Sanchez started out looking okay and then when the offense wasn't producing enough points the young QB's were forced to try and carry the game themselves. I dunno, perhaps all young QB's should only be carried by the offense for a year or so and then be expected to win games with their arms.

***EDIT

We should see pretty quickly if it was the game plan, the play calling or the lack of quality receivers behind Watkins and the only half good offensive line with scrubs as backups.

Tyrod looked so jittery in that Ravens game in that he was dumping the ball off to his RB's before he even scanned the field. In this Jets game, it did look like he was waiting far too long for his receivers to break open on some plays. Nevertheless, the run game was far more ineffective in both games than the QB.

Edited by Nihilarian

Incognito seemed sincere. He's a great communicator and has a future in the booth when he hangs them up.

I,guess my biggest disappointment with him is actually his personal life. I don't like he chose to buy a Rolls Royce over a Lambo. He is getting old maybe built for comfort not for speed is the way he rolls now.

he already has a nickname for him A-Lynn so it's all good in the hood. A-Lynn in, G-Ro out.

Did anyone else think that was a hella strange presser? Rex Ryan on how Greg Roman is a tremendous coach and he still thinks that, and we agreed to part ways because it will help our football team. Greg is an outstanding coach.

Wait, what?

One thing that is clear, when Rex Ryan says someone is "outstanding" or "a rare talent" or similar hyperbole, it doesn't mean too much. He can say it with his lips while kicking the person he's speaking of under the bus with his feet behind the podium.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

@billsupdates

Who is Anthony Lynn? 5 things to know about #Bills' new offensive coordinator http://trib.al/CQoxAu9

New offensive coordinator Anthony Lynn's to-do list

watkins-9-17-story.jpg

New offensive coordinator Anthony Lynn has a challenging task in front of him as he inherits Buffalo's offense in the midst of a regular season. Here are some of his top priorities to get the production Rex Ryan is looking for on that side of the ball.

Did anyone else think that was a hella strange presser? Rex Ryan on how Greg Roman is a tremendous coach and he still thinks that, and we agreed to part ways because it will help our football team. Greg is an outstanding coach.

Wait, what?

One thing that is clear, when Rex Ryan says someone is "outstanding" or "a rare talent" or similar hyperbole, it doesn't mean too much. He can say it with his lips while kicking the person he's speaking of under the bus with his feet behind the podium.

Rex has the political correctness thing down. He probably doesn't want to burn any bridges and hopes Roman can help get him a job of some kind once he is done with the Bills.