Must win?

Dragonborn10

I've said this before, and probably in multiple threads. The Bills cannot afford to go 0.500 in the first four games of the season where the Patriots don't have Brady. Now they're sitting in a situation where they are already a game behind the Patriots that managed to get a road win against a very good Cardinal team with freaking Garoppolo throwing the football. Not good at all. A loss to the Jets and I say that the season is already a wash.

This is a must win, Bills will be lucky to get 2-2 in the 1st 4. 2-2 is the minimum record to have if we want any shot of grabbing a WC spot. Pitt, KC, Cin, NE, Oak, Jak, are all making the playoffs barring miraculous injury circumstance creelies. That leaves us out of the playoff race and in the hunt with the Ravens, Jets, Colts and Chargers. So lets be real, this season is an uphill battle and well be lucky to pull out a WC over OAK and JAK who have a better roster, and easier schedule than us than us.

I define "must win" as "if they lose, they won't make the playoffs", or a playoff game that ends the season.

Let's hear some other definitions, cuz I'm confused when I see things like "every game is a must win" or "I consider all divisional games must win".

Edited by HoF Watkins

I define "must win" as "if they lose, they won't make the playoffs", or a playoff game that ends the season.

Let's hear some other definitions, cuz I'm confused when I see things like "every game is a must win" or "I consider all divisional games must win".

0-2 with Cards and Pats away next..then looking at schedule with Cinci, Pats, Seattle, Pitt, Raiders - must win

0-2 with Cards and Pats away next..then looking at schedule with Cinci, Pats, Seattle, Pitt, Raiders - must win

You aren't one of the people making the claims I referred to ("Every game is a must win", "Every division game is a must win")

I don't believe any game this early is a "must win", because we don't really know how good the rest of the teams on the schedule really are yet, AND teams have made the playoffs with divisional losses (obviously). Every team loses games, even the eventual champion.

I think this team just sucks, and isn't going to make the playoffs because they suck. Not because a loss to a division opponent in Week 2 was some kind of "must win".

Any team worth a crap could overcome a loss tonight.

Edited by HoF Watkins

You aren't one of the people making the claims I referred to ("Every game is a must win", "Every division game is a must win")

I don't believe any game this early is a "must win", because we don't really know how good the rest of the teams on the schedule really are yet, AND teams have made the playoffs with divisional losses (obviously). Every team loses games, even the eventual champion.

I think this team just sucks, and isn't going to make the playoffs because they suck. Not because a loss to a division opponent in Week 2 was some kind of "must win".

Any team worth a crap could overcome a loss tonight.

I agree, division or not, I just don't think the Bills are anywhere near good enough to start off 0-2 with the schedule ahead (and make the playoffs).

I never say "must win" until the math dictates it, but this game is as close as you can get otherwise.

It's certainly a "must be better" game for the offense as another stinker like Sunday might start that negative snow ball of frustration and pressing that just keeps feeding on itself.

I agree, division or not, I just don't think the Bills are anywhere near good enough to start off 0-2 with the schedule ahead (and make the playoffs).

Yeah, but the point is, it's because they aren't any good.

It's not the schedule, it's the Bills, and their crappiness. They could have filled out the schedule's non-division games with the other bottom feeders of the league, and this Bills team would still miss the playoffs, methinks.