A new Barry Bonds thread.

OnTheRocks

He is absolutely correct, steroids will not help your hand eye coordination!

Of course they sure do make a difference between a warning track hit for an out and a home run!

249854[/snapback]

I absolutely agree that they don't effect hand-eye coordination. The problem is that ain't the problem....so why mention HEC?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I absolutely agree that they don't effect hand-eye coordination.  The problem is that ain't the problem....so why mention HEC?

249920[/snapback]

I was referencing the original post, and I am sick and tired of people using this excuse for Bonds.

MLB ignored a problem because it was helping their ratings, now they have to deal with that lack of long term vision.

a fan of a team. whoes team has a player. and that said player, confesses to cheating for basicaly his whole carrer. and that fan says... "thats all in the past. hes a great player, he can stay on my team and help win a championship."

249816[/snapback]

If you think that cheating doesn't go on in EVERY sport then you, sir, need to pull your perverbial head out of your arse. I don't think it's right to use steroids but I also don't think that it's only baseball and only a handfull of players identified by the idiot Consceco (sp?) that has cheated at a sport. It happens, and everybody knows it. That's why it's never brought up until something "leaks"... Baseball has a tougher policy now so let's stop beating a dead horse and move on. Notice that Bonds and Giambi don't have rings? As much as it sickens me to agree with anything that Bonds says, I think we should just move on. His records will be scarred forever already.

His records will be scarred forever already.

249950[/snapback]

which is why if the guy had any sense at all he would just walk away before breaking hank's record........but unfortunately, his ego will never allow it, so as he gets closer and closer to the record the talk will just get louder and louder.........

this story is going to get bigger before it gets smaller.......

Regarding this whole Barry Bonds situation, I'd have to say WHO FREAKIN CARES! Baseball is the worst sport in the world. They are all a bunch of pansies and I am dreading the day I have to start watching countless hours of SportsCenter devoted to that crap. I rather watch a scrambled movie on Lifetime.

249717[/snapback]

Me too if it's one with Gail O'Grady! :doh:

http://www.absolutenow.com/photos/OGradyGail2550241454.html

ill throw another thing into the fire:

Babe Ruth corked his bat. :doh:

are his records scarred??

no. cus baseball fans dont care.

ill throw another one in the fire:

the Broncoes cheated during their Super Bowl days. salary cap wise. they find out now... and they only take away a mid round draft pick......

its things like this that really tick me off.

He is nutty.

Before 2001, he never hit more than 50 HR's.

Then...he knocks 73 out of the park?  73???  Good Grief!

And he has the balls to say that Sterioids aren't cheating because they don't effect your hand-eye coordination.

249647[/snapback]

Well, he is right in a sense. Steroids don't help you "hit the ball" because that is hand eye coordination...however, they surely help with bat speed, which in turn helps with HRs...which of course he won't admit to because he's in spin doctor mode though, what do you expect?

Well, he is right in a sense.  Steroids don't help you "hit the ball" because that is hand eye coordination...however, they surely help with bat speed, which in turn helps with HRs...which of course he won't admit to because he's in spin doctor mode though, what do you expect?

250079[/snapback]

He hasn't hit more than 46 in a season since.

BTW, Maris never hit more than 39 prior to 1961.

Steroids WILL help with recovery from injuries quicker, the ability to work out longer, harder and more often therby increasing one's strength in a shorter amount of time. Steroids will also prolong the length of a players career. Using steroids will turn doubles & fly outs into home runs. It will also make your head bigger (the one on your shoulders).

I read Canseco's book and I think alot of it is fiction with some truth mixed in. Here's some truth- Bunch of players were in Las Vegas for an ESPN sponsored HR hitting contest in the Fall of 2000. Bonds saw Canseco and asked him how he got so big. Canseco told him. Spring Training of 2001 and Bonds shows up 40 lbs. bigger- all muscle- and a whole hat size bigger and hits 73 HR's when he never hit more than 50 in a season. Bonds was loaded with S-T-E-R-O-I-D-S. If someone doesn't believe that than they will never believe anything.

i dont like the asterisk or whatever... your individual records should NOT count PERIOD.

249696[/snapback]

So, should Ruth's records not count either? Afterall, in his time MLB excluded an entire segment of the population from EVEN PLAYING THE GAME.

How can we ever tell what "might have been" had blacks been allowed to play? Maybe Babe never gets the record because he has to face the likes of Paige, or get competition from Gibson, Robinson or the countless other players who were excluded because of the color of their skin.

"His records will be scarred forever already."

I don't think so. Baseball has a long history with plenty of skeletons in the closet. The "Steroid Era" is certainly a black eye for the sport, but who's really to blame? The individual who took perfermance enhancing drugs (which, weren't outlawed by the sport until recently), or the league that allowed that loophole to exist?

It's easy to critize players for using the drugs from the cheap seats...but honestly, could you say you wouldn't do the same? If you had the opportunity to financially secure future generations of your family by taking drugs that may drastically shorten your life and AREN'T against the rules, wouldn't you have to at least consider it? Obviously not everyone would do it...and I am not condoning Bonds...but I find it hard to place all the blame on him (or anyone who roided).

But in the end, what's worse...not allowing blacks to play (and thus affecting the record books...) or allowing individuals to use performance enhancing drugs (and thus affecting the record books...)? Yet, no one ever questions the records from the "old days". Kind of hypocritical if you ask me.

So cheating is ok as long as it gets the game some exposure??  I think everyone should boycot MLB for allowing all of this to even happen.

249784[/snapback]

The fans are just as guilty as the League. Afterall, it was the fans packing into those stadiums to watch the long balls...

So maybe we should boycott the fans as well :unsure: