A new Barry Bonds thread.

OnTheRocks

He is nutty.

Before 2001, he never hit more than 50 HR's.

Then...he knocks 73 out of the park? 73??? Good Grief!

And he has the balls to say that Sterioids aren't cheating because they don't effect your hand-eye coordination.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He is nutty.

Then...he knocks 73 out of the park?  73???  Good Grief!

And he has the balls to say that Sterioids aren't cheating because they don't effect your hand-eye coordination.

249647[/snapback]

he's such a pompous a$$......he should just retire before breaking the record and save himself the humiliation........

i wonder why he was taking steriods if they don't help you "hit the ball better"? must be for the other enjoyable side-effects...... :doh:

taking steroids is the same as paying the pitcher to throw you easy pitches.

i dont care about his personality, or how he talks to the media....

he cheated. its not a, "simple mistake, and now lets move on" type of thing IMO.

but baseball fans dont care. they dont. with all the talk, baseball fans dont care.

if they really did care, Jason G. would not be playing baseball again. the yankees are so stupid as to leave out a steroid clause they are stuck with him, and are "backing him" cus they have nothing else to do.

i understand they have to pay him, but MLB should step in and say, "you cheated. you confessed to cheating. you get atleast a 1 year suspention. you confessed to the fans, so it proves your guilty, but that doesnt earn our simpothy, cus you didnt even mention steroids in your appology, or even say what you are apologising for."

i dont like the asterisk or whatever... your individual records should NOT count PERIOD.

but fans dont care. they want to see home runs and there yankees to win. this is why i hate baseball and have a lower opinion of baseball fans.

I guess Canseco is willing to give up his MVP award from 1988 to Mike Greenwell from the BoSox who came in 2nd that year.

Do you think Barry would be willing to give up his 7 MVP awards?

Notice since he started using steroids he has won 4 straight MVPS.

something is awfully fishy and it isn't the presence of Dolphins posters either.

i understand they have to pay him, but MLB should step in and say, "you cheated. you confessed to cheating. you get atleast a 1 year suspention.  you confessed to the fans, so it proves your guilty, but that doesnt earn our simpothy, cus you didnt even mention steroids in your appology, or even say what you are apologising for."

i dont like the asterisk or whatever... your individual records should NOT count PERIOD.

249696[/snapback]

MLB has been turning a blind eye to cheating for years........why do you expect that to change now that steriods are in the picture?

should gaylord perry be booted out of the HOF? one of the biggest cheaters in the history of the game.........

what about whitey ford? should they take his plaque away as well?

He is nutty.

Then...he knocks 73 out of the park?  73???  Good Grief!

249647[/snapback]

Regarding this whole Barry Bonds situation, I'd have to say WHO FREAKIN CARES! Baseball is the worst sport in the world. They are all a bunch of pansies and I am dreading the day I have to start watching countless hours of SportsCenter devoted to that crap. I rather watch a scrambled movie on Lifetime.

To me this just makes what Roger Maris did all that more incredible. FU Bonds. FU McGuire. FU Sosa. MLB has become a friggin joke.

249739[/snapback]

On a totally separate note, Chuck was the absolute biggest dick I've ever worked with. And I mean biggest figuritively and literally.

but fans dont care. they want to see home runs and there yankees to win. this is why i hate baseball and have a lower opinion of baseball fans.

249696[/snapback]

A lower opinion of baseball fans? Isn't that being a tad bit too general.

Not that you seem to care but the Bonds issue to me is a mute point. Baseball knew what was going on in the late 90's but needed to get people interested in the game again after the strike in 94. They knew at some point it was going to come out in the open and they would deal with it then. Now it's out in the open and the point where baseball is back nearly as popular as it was prior to the strike.

No matter what people want to say about Bonds, Giambi, McGwire, Sosa, etc. they revitalized a game that was sagging horribly prior to the 1998 season. They are the ones who brought the game back to it's glory. Say what you want to about cheating but keep in mind not one of these sluggers made an ounce of difference on a WS team.

I hate the fact that baseball has to go through this and I'll be glad when it's over but just because something you enjoy gets a black eye doesn't mean you just walk away. The games will still be played.

Oh, and I can still take my four year old son to witness a game in person. Unfortunately the same can't be said about going to a football game.

Not that you seem to care but the Bonds issue to me is a mute point. Baseball knew what was going on in the late 90's but needed to get people interested in the game again after the strike in 94. They knew at some point it was going to come out in the open and they would deal with it then. Now it's out in the open and the point where baseball is back nearly as popular as it was prior to the strike.

No matter what people want to say about Bonds, Giambi, McGwire, Sosa, etc. they revitalized a game that was sagging horribly prior to the 1998 season. They are the ones who brought the game back to it's glory. Say what you want to about cheating but keep in mind not one of these sluggers made an ounce of difference on a WS team.

I hate the fact that baseball has to go through this and I'll be glad when it's over but just because something you enjoy gets a black eye doesn't mean you just walk away. The games will still be played.

Oh, and I can still take my four year old son to witness a game in person. Unfortunately the same can't be said about going to a football game.

249777[/snapback]

So cheating is ok as long as it gets the game some exposure?? I think everyone should boycot MLB for allowing all of this to even happen.

So cheating is ok as long as it gets the game some exposure??  I think everyone should boycot MLB for allowing all of this to even happen.

249784[/snapback]

Tell me how you are going to go back and time and find out who cheated? Speculation from Jose Canseco?

When Yankee and Red Sox SPRING TRAINING tickets are going $20-$40 over face value on ebay and attendance continues to increase 10-15% across the board per year it's going to be hard to boycott what is still the second most popular sport in America.

249777[/snapback]

well ok, ill narrow it down a bit.

a fan of a team. whoes team has a player. and that said player, confesses to cheating for basicaly his whole carrer. and that fan says... "thats all in the past. hes a great player, he can stay on my team and help win a championship."

thats the fan i (hate is to strong of a word)... dislike.

Every morning while I'm eating my cereal I flip back and forth between ESPN and CNN. EVERY SINGLE TIME I turned it to ESPN they were playing a different part of Bonds' press conference. It was like nothing else happend yesterday in sports.

And he has the balls to say that sterioids aren't cheating because they don't effect your hand-eye coordination.

249647[/snapback]

He is absolutely correct, steroids will not help your hand eye coordination!

Of course they sure do make a difference between a warning track hit for an out and a home run!