A new Barry Bonds thread.

OnTheRocks

One minor point here:

We'll never know IF Babe would have done what he did if leagues were desegregated.

We DO know for a fact that steroids will have helped Bonds get to where he is today. Ya dig?

251430[/snapback]

I know I'm coming off like a jerk here, and I don't mean to be. I'm not trying to bash Babe or elevate Barry to something he's not. I'm just saying people have short memories, especailly in baseball.

But that is a great point. I still have to say though, it wasn't against the rules, so how can you 100 percent fault Barry? I guess that's my point (and it's lame, i know).

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I'm coming off like a jerk here, and I don't mean to be. I'm not trying to bash Babe or elevate Barry to something he's not. I'm just saying people have short memories, especailly in baseball.

But that is a great point. I still have to say though, it wasn't against the rules, so how can you 100 percent fault Barry? I guess that's my point (and it's lame, i know).

251441[/snapback]

I understand your point, but there's one salient counterpoint to the argument that it wasn't against the rules of baseball:

it is (and was) illegal.

That in and of itself has to be brought into the conversation.

I understand your point, but there's one salient counterpoint to the argument that it wasn't against the rules of baseball:

it is (and was) illegal.

That in and of itself has to be brought into the conversation.

251448[/snapback]

True indeed.

This is a classic Moose post. Thanks, I nearly spit water all over my keyboard.

;)

251401[/snapback]

Glad you got a kick out of that post, Joe! :(

BTW, I thought of you today when I netbooted two entire labs of Macs, 54 in all, and reimaged them simultaneously in [drum roll] less than half an hour. ;) It really is sweet!