This is why I miss Bill from NYC's recaps

LI_Bills

Wading through todays long list of "the sky is falling" posts and the less popular "it's just one game, we'll be OK" posts makes me miss the reasoned recaps that the mighty Bill From NYC provided in the past. That was one-stop shopping for me as he would highlight both the positives and negatives of the game and present it in an overall context (positive or negative). Todays posts are like partisan politics, either way too far left or right with no reasonable middle ground.

I don't recall Bill saying he was done with his game recaps. I know he took a hiatus last season. Bill, we miss you.

Here's a less respected voice of reason: we are a middle of the pack team. We lost to another middle of the pack team in a very competitive game on the road. We saw some concerning things about the team today, all of them on offense. We also saw a largely no-name defense play quite well. Nothing has really changed for this year - if we catch some breaks, we'll be in the playoff hunt. Nothing has changed long term either: the jury's still out on Tyrod as a starting QB, and on Rex as a coach, and on Whaley as a GM.

I tend to the middle of the road and try to maintain optimism, otherwise why expend energy on something that I pay into!

My simplistic view is that I'm thrilled we held Flacco to 13 on the road without our two first rounders and Dareus. But anytime (except inclement weather) we hold a team to 13 we should win.

My simplistic view is that I'm thrilled we held Flacco to 13 on the road without our two first rounders and Dareus. But anytime (except inclement weather) we hold a team to 13 we should win.

23/34. 258. TD. Pretty good day for Flacco. And I don't think he even has to wash his jersey.

Yeah, but at least he'd scramble five times for 70 yards in the last two minutes and pull out a win.

Actually, I checked the game logs from Tebow's 2011 playoff run with the Broncos. You're right. In 4 games he passed for less than Tyrod's 111 yards. But in those games he ran for:

16 (the last game of the season)

So 111 really is pathetic, particularly when you're not getting anything done with your feet either.

Actually, I checked the game logs from Tebow's 2011 playoff run with the Broncos. You're right. In 4 games he passed for less than Tyrod's 111 yards. But in those games he ran for:

16 (the last game of the season)

So 111 really is pathetic, particularly when you're not getting anything done with your feet either.

Oh yeah, and I'm pretty sure they won most of those games. The Jets one in particular sticks out. I think Denver punted like nine times in a row that game and then Tebow scrapped together the ugliest drive in NFL history in the last few minutes to pull out the game. It was great.

Oh yeah, and I'm pretty sure they won most of those games. The Jets one in particular sticks out. I think Denver punted like nine times in a row that game and then Tebow scrapped together the ugliest drive in NFL history in the last few minutes to pull out the game. It was great.

against Rex