Rex and Rob Ryan's Tops Commercial

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved it. If you're unable to objectively enjoy a lighthearted ad like that then you have some resentment issues.

I resent the fact that on a national stage Rob and Rex are on the exact opposite end of the coaching spectrum (professionally and, apparently, from a self introspection standpoint) from Bill Belichick. I believe that says it all. It's like Ronald Reagan debating Charlie Rangle...there's no comparison and you feel sorry for Rangle for even accepting the invitation. It's substandard.

I resent the fact that on a national stage Rob and Rex are on the exact opposite end of the coaching spectrum (professionally and, apparently, from a self introspection standpoint) from Bill Belichick. I believe that says it all. It's like Ronald Reagan debating Charlie Rangle...there's no comparison and you feel sorry for Rangle for even accepting the invitation. It's substandard.

I think your take on this is substandard.... Am I being too Rangle for you? Hahahaha

Wegman's is half a step above Walmart, if you ask me.

Naw, Wegmans kills it. Very diligent with quality. Monopolized the Rochester area.

I still shop at both Tops and Wegs depending on my needs.

Tops is a level below, but serves it's purpose.

i found good humor in the commercial. Self deprecating and appearing modest. the opposite of the common opinion

Yet another Rex/Rob supporter. Case in point.

Okay Donald.

lumping Rangle and Rex and Rob and the comparing to Reagan is quaint.

why the heck did you insert your tiny political agenda into this friendly, innocent commercial ?

you know ronnie died of Aids due to sexually transmitted disease from comforting a negro homosexual don't you. alzheimers, that was cute.

I think your take on this is substandard.... Am I being too Rangle for you? Hahahaha

The fear and loathing knows no bounds. The Brothers look happy. Triggering some sort of seizure for our beloved contributor, which elicited a harsh reaction including flashbacks to the days of disco music and pant suits

Edited by 3rdand12

Naw, Wegmans kills it. Very diligent with quality. Monopolized the Rochester area.

I still shop at both Tops and Wegs depending on my needs.

Tops is a level below, but serves it's purpose.

i found good humor in the commercial. Self deprecating and appearing modest. the opposite of the common opinion

Okay Donald.

lumping Rangle and Rex and Rob and the comparing to Reagan is quaint.

why the heck did you insert your tiny political agenda into this friendly, innocent commercial ?

you know ronnie died of Aids due to sexually transmitted disease from comforting a negro homosexual don't you. alzheimers, that was cute.

The fear and loathing knows no bounds. The Brothers look happy. Triggering some sort of seizure for our beloved contributor, which elicited a harsh reaction including flashbacks to the days of disco music and pant suits

Ugh. Disco days and Chevy Cabriolets. Those were the days. Don't tell me you are a Rex/Rob fella...are you? Easy bucks earned for a supermarket ad that tries to elicit laughter (unintended laughter, of course, because the rest of the league is laughing AT us). Tell me whether Bellichick or Bruce Arians would ever stoop so low as to ride on a bicycle built for two?? Pleeeease. $100 says we'll be looking at this commercial in three years saying "!@#$ !@#$ !@#$ !@#$ and absolute!@#$aroo...why did we do that?" So my comparison was partly off...fine. Reagan vs the Coughing Woman. Same outcome.

Ugh. Disco days and Chevy Cabriolets. Those were the days. Don't tell me you are a Rex/Rob fella...are you? Easy bucks earned for a supermarket ad that tries to elicit laughter (unintended laughter, of course, because the rest of the league is laughing AT us). Tell me whether Bellichick or Bruce Arians would ever stoop so low as to ride on a bicycle built for two?? Pleeeease. $100 says we'll be looking at this commercial in three years saying "!@#$ !@#$ !@#$ !@#$ and absolute!@#$aroo...why did we do that?" So my comparison was partly off...fine. Reagan vs the Coughing Woman. Same outcome.

You know i do not take any of this too seriously BBF.

I hate Beelzicheckbub so i would be disturbed if he acted friendly and supported a local grocery. I would suspect his ulterior motives !

I just thinks its all in fun.

Till game day.

Then my focus is winning the game.

and eating pizza and wings and drinking beer

Smells like ass

Thats the best part of bringing wild game... I can't tell you people it's deer, when it's really opossum, skunk, raccoon, and other random crap

well I have had some fare game.

Deers ? we all love our venison around here and squirrel is more work than it is worth, but if you need protein..

Some of those get a bit greasy.

As someone wise once told me, you are what you eat. So pick what you eat based upon what they eat.

Give me some free range black pig who eats nuts and truffles all day and smiled the whole day through.

But i am a nice fellow and usually eat organic free range meats an veggies, So grocery stores ar not my thing so much as the public market. local farmers and friend gardens work for me most of the tear.

By the way, me and my childhood buddy found a tandem Schwinn when teens. We rode that thing all over.

Maybe thats why i like the Ryan brothers, seem like buddies

well I have had some fare game.

Deers ? we all love our venison around here and squirrel is more work than it is worth, but if you need protein..

Some of those get a bit greasy.

As someone wise once told me, you are what you eat. So pick what you eat based upon what they eat.

Give me some free range black pig who eats nuts and truffles all day and smiled the whole day through.

But i am a nice fellow and usually eat organic free range meats an veggies, So grocery stores ar not my thing so much as the public market. local farmers and friend gardens work for me most of the tear.

By the way, me and my childhood buddy found a tandem Schwinn when teens. We rode that thing all over.

Maybe thats why i like the Ryan brothers, seem like buddies

Free range black pigs that eat truffles?? Ya mean like chocolate squares of nouget and frosting?? Yeah - you hit the nail on the head with this pair.

Free range black pigs that eat truffles?? Ya mean like chocolate squares of nouget and frosting?? Yeah - you hit the nail on the head with this pair.

: )

what was that show from the mid early seventies, hah, there it is

Courtship of Eddies Father.

Just happy theme song is what the commercial was. Watch them on game day and those guys get super intense, as they should I guess.

But the commercial is so 180 from being and NFL Coach i find the humor to be pleasant

There's nothing at all wrong with that commercial. It's cute and corny.

I loved it. If you're unable to objectively enjoy a lighthearted ad like that then you have some resentment issues.

You two just don't get it do you? I blame Rex...or Rob, I'm not quite sure...