Ole Miss (Chad Kelly) vs FSU game thread

PromoTheRobot

beat Bama last year. That was kind of a big game.

Then routed Oklahoma State in the Sugar Bowl. Chad Kelly has actually been a good big game player to date.

If his name wasn't "Kelly" we would talk about him so little on here. IMO, he isn't even a 1st round pick let alone the franchise savior that many here depict him as. He makes far too many mistakes. He throws with good anticipation but he forces way too many plays. He is a more mobile Jay Cutler with more mistakes.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GO NOLES! Total domination in the 2nd half. Typical Jimbo over coached squad. Let your guys make plays and that's what he did, called a hell of a game in the 2nd half and Ole Miss was reeling. That FSU D is going to be up there with BAMA when the smoke clears. I don't think Clemson has the horses this year, they lost a lot of talent but Watson is a stud.

As for Kelly, he's a mixed bag. You see the talent but loves to force and has a quick trigger mentality. That offense is built on tempo so he usually knows exactly where he's going with the ball. Those sacks after the primary was covered showed he doesn't go through his progressions well. Who ever said this kid is top 10 talent should have their press pass revoked. Francois looked better and is a RS Freshman. IMO...

GO NOLES! Total domination in the 2nd half. Typical Jimbo over coached squad. Let your guys make plays and that's what he did, called a hell of a game in the 2nd half and Ole Miss was reeling. That FSU D is going to be up there with BAMA when the smoke clears. I don't think Clemson has the horses this year, they lost a lot of talent but Watson is a stud.

As for Kelly, he's a mixed bag. You see the talent but loves to force and has a quick trigger mentality. That offense is built on tempo so he usually knows exactly where he's going with the ball. Those sacks after the primary was covered showed he doesn't go through his progressions well. Who ever said this kid is top 10 talent should have their press pass revoked. Francois looked better and is a RS Freshman. IMO...

Couldn't agree more, + that game against Clemson is @ Florida State. Advantage Noles. Chad Kelly has a younger brother. He is a sophomore & is the starting Quarterback at St Joes. My friend who is a coordinator over at South Park & just played St Joes last Friday said his younger brother is a better quarterback as a sophomore than Chad was as a senior at Joes. I found that interesting.

Edited by Gordio

Kelly has all the tools but I worry about mental part of the game. He basically seems like a 1 or 2 read qb who misses open Wrs all the time.

I will say after not hearing one good thing about him in Buffalo, he seems to have mature a little bit. I still have reservations about him being the leader of my team though. But could be a very interesting guy if you have a solid vet in front of him.

Really like ND's qb though.