Week 1: Ravens' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We should sign Forsett just because. What is a conference win worth?

If he's worth anything, a division rival should sign him to screw over the Ravens and give him a chance at revenge. But I think most people realize he's got no chance to duplicate that career fluke year of 2014.

Bottom line is no.

It's one game. Would be great to win it, but it doesn't make or break the season.

While there is some truth to this, it is not the kind of thinking I want my team accepting before the game is even played. Believing in winning is imperative if you are going to push yourself over that hump. You do not get to be the best unless you actually know you you can get there. Sorry but road to the playoffs is never accepting failure before you even step on the field.

Bills Today: Tyrod Taylor made a fan of late Buddy Ryan

tyrod-taylor-bills-today-9-5.jpg

It didn't take long for the Tyrod Taylor to gain a fan in Buddy Ryan before his passing this summer.

1 - Tyrod Taylor made a fan of late Buddy Ryan

2 - Pro Football Focus names Adolphus Washington a rookie to watch

3 - Stephon Gilmore refuses to be anything but the best in the NFL

The Kool-aid is strong in this one!

That was a super bowl winning Patriots team the Bills faced in 2014 and the Bills had 3 turnovers they gave to NE in that first game. If the Bills OC didn't suddenly go pass happy and the Bills attempt to run the ball more like they did in the first two games then things might have gone differently in that game. Rivers went 18 of 25 for 256 and one TD so it's not like he dominated the Bills D.

But you're right as fans should not be looking at the past. That includes Rex Ryan boosters who can't seem to remember that the last time that Ryan had a winning season was way back in 2010. That's 5 NFL seasons without a winning record! Not to mention that this same HC went 4-12 with his last Jets team.

I'm more bitter than kdiggz is about how a top NFL Buffalo defense in 2014 was made to look inept by a so-called defensive guru the very next year with the very same players. Wanna talk about the Patriots beating a Bills defense let's go look at that first game by a Rex Ryan defense against Tom Brady in which Brady set a Bills 50+ year franchise worst in yards allowed by a single player!!

Rex Ryan has so much to prove to this Bills fan and all the homers can point and say things will be different this year and it changes nothing! History says that Ryan's rookie QB's fall on their face in their second season and I really hope honest to god this doesn't happen to Tyrod Taylor.

I want what every Bills fan wants and that is this year's team to make the playoffs, but I bought into the Ryan hype last year and I'm not about to be fooled again.

Rex Ryan needs to prove he deserves to be an NFL head coach by putting a winning team on the field this year! NO EXCUSES!

If 26cb and John from hemet are compelled to attack you it usually means you're on to something.

Go Bills wish we could kick it off now. I'm expecting a losing season but I'm still pumped. You just never know.

If 26cb and John from hemet are compelled to attack you it usually means you're on to something.

Go Bills wish we could kick it off now. I'm expecting a losing season but I'm still pumped. You just never know.

I didn't attack him. I instead have moved on from the discussion that was beaten to death for the entire offseason. On to 2016!

@cover1eturner

Crl8TWnVYAMZ3Kk.jpg

@billsupdates

Ranking the Buffalo #Bills' 12 most important players for 2016 http://trib.al/gq18kgn

@BigTimeFootball

Big test for the LBs in the opener...really need our offense to show up from the get-go.

I expect the offense to be the better unit and carry the team early in the season.

I expect the offense to be the better unit and carry the team early in the season.

True, but it may be a blessing in disguise for at least this game that Zach Brown (who excels in coverage), and not Reggie Ragland, is one of the inside backers.

I didn't attack him. I instead have moved on from the discussion that was beaten to death for the entire offseason. On to 2016!

@cover1eturner

Crl8TWnVYAMZ3Kk.jpg

Big test for the LBs in the opener...really need our offense to show up from the get-go.

It's a test, but I'm not sure how big. Baltimore's weapons at TE and RB really don't scare me. Flacco and Wallace looked like they had good chemistry in the preseason, so if they somehow get Wallace going, it could be deadly.

Otherwise, this still looks like it will be a low-scoring game and whoever can run better will win. Buffalo's skill players, on the other hand, are much scarier. After reading Turner's report, I'm actually feeling more confident than before that this is a good matchup for the Bills.

Keep up the good work, Cover1. I like reading your stuff. Well worth subscribing to.

True, but it may be a blessing in disguise for at least this game that Zach Brown (who excels in coverage), and not Reggie Ragland, is one of the inside backers.

Brown definitely has the ability to stick to his man, but won't the Bills be using a lot of zone, anyway? Ragland is great in zone coverage. Very smart player with great instincts. It could be a blessing or a curse or anything in between, depending on how they cover, I guess. We'll never know. Just hope Zach plays well.

See, it's OK for the super-homers to talk about the past seasons in putting down arguably the very best defense this franchise has seen in a decade. But when anyone brings up what happened to last years defense they deflect into an OMG, we're still talking about the past again!

We all want the Bills to be in the playoffs this season. All we have at this point is hope.

@cover1eturner

Crl8TWnVYAMZ3Kk.jpg

Just read this one from Erik. Always insightful !

As with many teams, Bills need to defend against the TEs. Sounds like Ravens are one of those teams, even with Bennett gone.

In addition, i agree, good test for the LBs. They need to make their mark this game

Edited by 3rdand12

Just read this one from Erik. Always insightful !

As with many teams, Bills need to defend against the TEs. Sounds like Ravens are one of those teams, even with Bennett gone.

In addition, i agree, good test for the LBs. They need to make their mark this game

Thanks for sharing! Working on the offensive scouting report now!

2016 NFL on CBS Announcers & Distribution: Week 1

337.gif30cb4f54ns3sg4ufjgwlqthkj.gif

Announcers: Spero Dedes and Solomon Wilcots

Distribution:
WUSA - Washington, DC
WJZ – Baltimore, MD
WBOC – Salisbury, MD

WBNG – Binghamton, NY
WIVB – Buffalo, NY
WWNY – Carthage, NY
WENY – Elmira, NY
WROC – Rochester, NY