Bills' Offensive Personnel vs. Ravens

Flip Johnson

This is interesting now that Gragg and Felton are both gone.

Will the Bills attack Baltimore with a lot of 3-wide and 4-wide sets, meaning Goodwin and Salas get a lot of snaps?

Will the Bills go with a lot of 2 TEs meaning Dray and O'Leary get a lot of snaps?

Or will the Bills go with the tradition FB/RB combo, meaning Baby Gronk has not only made the team but is going to get significant time?

I guess 2RB McCoy/Bush backfield is also a possibility at times.

Ultimately it will be a combination of offensive sets, but whatever the scenario is, it will be interesting to see who gets the majority of reps. I consider Gronk/Dray/O'Leary to be fringe NFL players and we all know Goodwin's fragility, which is why I'm surprised at Felton's parting.

Good post. It looks like we are going to see a lot of our offensive snaps with someone unproven on the field.

Tyrod

O-Line

Clay

McCoy

Watkins

Woods

Goodwin

This looks to be the best grouping to me, with Bush or Dray added in place of Goodwin based on situation.

Good post. It looks like we are going to see a lot of our offensive snaps with someone unproven on the field.

Tyrod

O-Line

Clay

McCoy

Watkins

Woods

Goodwin

This looks to be the best grouping to me, with Bush or Dray added in place of Goodwin based on situation.

A healthy Goodwin + Tyrod's deep ball prowess is a serious threat. Whether he lasts 3 plays, 3 quarters, 3 games, or surprises us, let's ride this kid.

I think the Bills will hit Baltimore with a lot of 3-wide and A LOT of speed.

Baltimore's secondary isn't great. They shored up the safeties a bit but don't have much in the way of corners. Lots of 3-wide and 4-wide with our speedy guys. Probably split McCoy out a bunch too.

Tyrod passed a lot out of 3 WR sets last year and I'd imagine that they'd look to keep that up. Lot of shotgun, one-back sets with Clay inline and flexed depending on down/distance/personnel.

Woods in the slot, Goodwin on the boundary, switching to Woods on the boundary, Salas/Powell in the slot at times.

Sure we'll see some heavy run packages with Henderson/Kouandjio in the mix. 2 TE sets with Clay/Dray.

I'm glad Greg Roman isn't boring.

Edited by Blokestradamus

Tyrod

O-Line

Clay

McCoy

Watkins

Woods

Goodwin

This looks to be the best grouping to me, with Bush or Dray added in place of Goodwin based on when he gets hurt.

fixed that for ya.

Edited by The Wiz

Take the glasses off dude.

30-40 points easy? Are you high?

I like Tyrod too, but give me a break. The Bills are underdogs for a reason.

I hope you are right and I hope you are around if you are wrong a few months from now.... Not that I don't already know to not take your posts seriously...

Honestly I dont think our offense is set up to "score 30 or 40 points easily"

We are a ball control offense with some good offensive weapons and if we can get our D to be stingy we can win 10 games

Take the glasses off dude.

30-40 points easy? Are you high?

I like Tyrod too, but give me a break. The Bills are underdogs for a reason.

I hope you are right and I hope you are around if you are wrong a few months from now.... Not that I don't already know to not take your posts seriously...

LOL -- as if the point spread has anything to do with what will actually happen. Of course the betting public is going to expect the Ravens to win; that doesn't mean the specific matchups aren't in the Bills' favor.

Does every 3-pt favorite win each week?

Without a doubt the strength of the Ravens' D is their front seven, and specifically the LBs. Their secondary is average at best, but the addition of Weddle does help.

With Tyrod, Shady, Watkins, and Clay, the Bills put a ridiculous amount of playmaking ability on the field. Combine that with Roman's scheming and I like our chances to put points on the board.

Seriously -- how many teams roll out that sort of potential firepower on offense? I'm excited.