Kaepernick and the National Anthem

What your mother did has no bearing on you, homie.

Stop taking credit for other's achievements.

I was brought up from the time I was born with black people in my house all the time because her best friends were black. It made a profound impact and I never thought black people were any different from me. I spent a lot of time at her school. What she did for a living and thought and how she acted had a huge bearing on me. The biggest influence on my life by far. Maybe you didn't listen to yours.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

Anyone post this yet?

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/ray-lewis-colin-kaepernicks-girlfriend-cost-job-baltimore-130747089.html

Kaepernick is pretty much unemployable at this point so long as he continues to not be very good, and his girlfriend keeps insulting and belittling people trying to get him a job.

Calling Ray Lewis a slave to the Ravens organization? FFS, that is a potential employer you are talking to, you twat.

Edited by What a Tuel

I was brought up from being born with black people in my house all the time because her best friends were black. It made a profound impact and I never thought black people were any different from me. I spent a lot of time at her school. What she did had and thought and how she acted had a huge bearing on me. The biggest influence on my life by far.

And yet still not enough of an impact to make you take a stand against real racists doing actual racist things, denying black people equal protection under the law because they were black.

All those black people in your life, yet none of them important enough to you to bring down a racist who was bent on doing them harm. I'd be willing to bet you never mentioned to them how you were protecting a racist in government who was interested in doing them harm.

You'll say one thing to a black person's face, puff out your chest, and pretend to be concerned with their well being, but once the doors are closed you protect people seeking to harm them for racist reasons.

You're such a phony, dude; and your inability to accept responsibility for the harm you personally could have prevented but instead chose to sanction would be hilarious if it wasn't so completely !@#$ing pathetic.

Couple that with the fact that you've decided to label me to be a liar, not because you have any real reason to do so, but rather because you don't like being called on your hypocritical nonsense, and the fact that your warped and insular worldview, in which you are some sort of champion of racial equality despite your massive failures in that department, won't allow for the circumstances which happened to me... and, well...

And yet still not enough of an impact to make you take a stand against real racists doing actual racist things, denying black people equal protection under the law because they were black.

All those black people in your life, yet none of them important enough to you to bring down a racist who was bent on doing them harm. I'd be willing to bet you never mentioned to them how you were protecting a racist in government who was interested in doing them harm.

You'll say one thing to a black person's face, puff out your chest, and pretend to be concerned with their well being, but once the doors are closed you protect people seeking to harm them for racist reasons.

You're such a phony, dude; and your inability to accept responsibility for the harm you personally could have prevented but instead chose to sanction would be hilarious if it wasn't so completely !@#$ing pathetic.

Couple that with the fact that you've decided to label me to be a liar, not because you have any real reason to do so, but rather because you don't like being called on your hypocritical nonsense, and the fact that your warped and insular worldview, in which you are some sort of champion of racial equality despite your massive failures in that department, won't allow for the circumstances which happened to me... and, well...

It's just been my experience that 90% of arrogant, ****, self-righteous, myopic, blathering, racist pricks are also liars. Perhaps you're the one out of ten that's not. If that is true, I was wrong.

But it's not. ;)

I was brought up from the time I was born with black people in my house all the time because her best friends were black. It made a profound impact and I never thought black people were any different from me. I spent a lot of time at her school. What she did for a living and thought and how she acted had a huge bearing on me. The biggest influence on my life by far. Maybe you didn't listen to yours.

Not even the "I have black friends" card, but "My mom has black friends." That's actually pretty funny...

(My mom doesn't have any black friends, by the way. As racist as they come. I do have a black cousin, though.)

It's just been my experience that 90% of arrogant, ****, self-righteous, myopic, blathering, racist pricks are also liars. Perhaps you're the one out of ten that's not. If that is true, I was wrong.

But it's not. ;)

In fairness to Tasker I haven't really seen him espouse racist beliefs. Maybe I missed something.

He is demonstrably not myopic. He is clearly arrogant, self-righteous and blathering on a wide variety of topics in a very unfocused way. Calling him myopic is way beyond the pail.

Not even the "I have black friends" card, but "My mom has black friends." That's actually pretty funny...

(My mom doesn't have any black friends, by the way. As racist as they come. I do have a black cousin, though.)

I made friends with every black kid I could find. In my lily white suburban neighborhood, literally named Green Acres, there were none. The only black kid that went to my high school got arrested for robbing a convenience store with a gun across the street from the school. But I was around black people in my house all the time. My mom had a black boyfriend for a long time and I took care of his kids when they were around. It's not my fault there were no blacks in my neighborhood. As soon as they were around I made friends.

I'm not kidding when I say I am racist. I will go way out of my way to help minorities and won't do the same necessarily for whites. I don't give a crap what people think of it, IMO - and it's a fact - minorities have a harder time than white people in this country. It's inarguable, so I offer and give them more help.

And I see no problem whatsoever with people helping those with less than them over those with more than them. It bugs the crap out of me when people say this isn't a racist country.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

But it's not. ;)

It should be amazing to me that you've taken to personal attacks as opposed to accepting personal responsibility for your own incredible failures on race, but it isn't.

I've yet to meet the liberal who can accept personal responsibility for anything.

But hey, piece of trash gonna' piece of trash.

And I see no problem whatsoever with people helping those with less than them over those with more than them. It bugs the crap out of me when people say this isn't a racist country.

I know right? It's a racist country where smug white guys see black people as incapable of helping themselves and need smug white guys to save them.

The evidence that the country is racist can be found in federal work places where government employees who deny blacks equal protection under the law are actively protected by their friends.

I made friends with every black kid I could find. In my lily white suburban neighborhood, literally named Green Acres, there were none. The only black kid that went to my high school got arrested for robbing a convenience store with a gun across the street from the school. But I was around black people in my house all the time. My mom had a black boyfriend for a long time and I took care of his kids when they were around. It's not my fault there were no blacks in my neighborhood. As soon as they were around I made friends.

I'm not kidding when I say I am racist. I will go way out of my way to help minorities and won't do the same necessarily for whites. I don't give a crap what people think of it, IMO - and it's a fact - minorities have a harder time than white people in this country. It's inarguable, so I offer and give them more help.

I'd agree that minorities have in total had a harder time in America than whites. But:

If you see two individuals in front of you and decide to help one based on race, because you think the minority needs it more, you may be playing the odds, and you may also be wrong. Because that black guy may have grown up rich, lucky, arrogant, a just plain jerk, or otherwise undeserving of help or not needing it. And that white guy may have had the daylights beaten out of him by his father every day and yet strived to treat those around him well every day.

The thing is, you don't know, because they are individuals. And contrary to the moron on Star Trek's favorite saying, The needs of the few, or the one, outweigh the needs of the many. Because when we attempt to fulfill the needs of the many, we fail every time. It's not how we are built.

The only way to truly eliminate racism is to respect the notion that all individuals are created equal and that the minute we put them into a group, any group, we drift further from that notion. Can this be difficult to do? Of course. For example, if you've met 100 Canadians and they are all dumb with bad teeth, are you predisposed to thinking the next Canadian you meet will be a brilliant scientist with no cavities? Probably not. That's why we have to constantly remind ourselves not to put people in groups IMO. And it is just my opinion. We should all be able to decide how we want to treat people, even if it ends up being the wrong path.

It should be amazing to me that you've taken to personal attacks as opposed to accepting personal responsibility for your own incredible failures on race, but it isn't.

I've yet to meet the liberal who can accept personal responsibility for anything.

But hey, piece of trash gonna' piece of trash.

I know right? It's a racist country where smug white guys see black people as incapable of helping themselves and need smug white guys to save them.

The evidence that the country is racist can be found in federal work places where government employees who deny blacks equal protection under the law are actively protected by their friends.

An arrogant blathering racist who insults a person's intelligence with his crap warrants personal insults. That's just common sense no matter which political bent. ;)

One of the most racial things in this country is all of this "minorities are capable of helping themselves" and it's only money and jobs that keeps them down. That's historic bullschitt. So yes, you're a racist. At least I admit it. I'm proud of it in fact. I like being good to and helping someone who isn't treated as well as me. If they don't need any help at all, that's awesome, too. I made a new friend.

An arrogant blathering racist who insults a person's intelligence with his crap warrants personal insults. That's just common sense no matter which political bent. ;)

One of the most racial things in this country is all of this "minorities are capable of helping themselves" and it's only money and jobs that keeps them down. That's historic bullschitt. So yes, you're a racist. At least I admit it. I'm proud of it in fact. I like being good to and helping someone who isn't treated as well as me. If they don't need any help at all, that's awesome, too. I made a new friend.

But as others asked - Why do you automatically assume that they need your help?

But as others asked - Why do you automatically assume that they need your help?

I don't. At all. And if they don't, all the better. They are now getting the treatment that lucky bastard white people have for a thousand years. Don't need the help AND people just give them more for no reason. :D :D

Not only that, but just because they may be financially fine or well educated or live in a nicer house and have a better job than me doesn't mean they don't need everyone, or at least more people to be nice to them for no reason. As Micheal Bennett seems to be in need of.

I don't. At all. And if they don't, all the better. They are now getting the treatment that lucky bastard white people have for a thousand years. Don't need the help AND people just give them more for no reason. :D :D

Not only that, but just because they may be financially fine or well educated or live in a nicer house and have a better job than me doesn't mean they don't need everyone, or at least more people to be nice to them for no reason. As Micheal Bennett seems to be in need of.

Would you include the Jews, Italians & Irish in that lucky subset over a thousand years?

I can only assume that coming from you "racist" is a massive compliment, given that these are the people you choose to spend your time with, and protect.

Not only are all minorities capable of helping themselves, they have to help themselves, because at this point in our nation's history nearly all of the things preventing minorities from getting ahead are cultural.

Again, the three leading links to inner-generational poverty are single motherhood, not graduating from high school, and not holding active employment. This finding comes from the left-leaning Brookings Institute. These three things are rampant in the black community, and the overall success of the group will not improve until these things are addressed by the black community itself. We have reached an unfortunate time where black culture does not place a premium value of two parent families or education.

Handouts don't help because they do not change culture, but rather often times reinforce it.

Further, the problems do not break down on racial lines, they break down on socio-economic lines. A white kid growing up in a non-nuclear family is statistically far more likely to be poor than a black kid from a two parent family.

But then, your argument doesn't account for that because it's an ignorant position built on a foundation of feelings rather than facts, and espoused by a man who refuses to accept responsibility for protecting racists in government.

Would you include the Jews, Italians & Irish in that lucky subset over a thousand years?

I'd have gone with "every commoner in human history prior to the enlightenment", but that's me.

Further, the problems do not break down on racial lines, they break down on socio-economic lines. A white kid growing up in a non-nuclear family is statistically far more likely to be poor than a black kid from a two parent family.

Rural America is proving this theory

Yes, I would. In the thousand year war for sure. I just think that those three have fared much better during my lifetime in my country and in my experience. So it's really the blacks that I will go way out of my way for.

For half of my life when I lived back east, and especially Buffalo, it was a black and white thing. The second half, in Phx and L.A. I have no included Latinas and Armenians to the mix. I'm surrounded by them.

L.A. is actually an amazing city. People really seem to live pretty well in harmony here. It's obviously got problems like any big city but overall, people get along pretty great here. When I go back to Buffalo I am constantly amazed by how racist it is.

I can only assume that coming from you "racist" is a massive compliment, given that these are the people you choose to spend your time with, and protect.

Not only are all minorities capable of helping themselves, they have to help themselves, because at this point in our nation's history nearly all of the things preventing minorities from getting ahead are cultural.

Again, the three leading links to inner-generational poverty are single motherhood, not graduating from high school, and not holding active employment. This finding comes from the left-leaning Brookings Institute. These three things are rampant in the black community, and the overall success of the group will not improve until these things are addressed by the black community itself. We have reached an unfortunate time where black culture does not place a premium value of two parent families or education.

Handouts don't help because they do not change culture, but rather often times reinforce it.

But then, your argument doesn't account for that because it's an ignorant position built on a foundation of feelings rather than facts, and espoused by a man who refuses to accept responsibility for protecting racists in government.

While those stats are true, it's one of the most racist things you can say and stances you can take. Minorities have every chance to do well and they just don't help themselves. If they would only act like us smarter, more pure, less promiscuous white folk they wouldn't have these problems.

Not so fast IMO. Through GvG I have come to learn that the plan is for ALL to be treated well by ALL. It was a Keanu Reeves voice too. I might have gone in a different direction with that voice selection if it were up to me but I'm not judging.

Anyway, every single person carries baggage. Every one. Some is first world baggage and some is third world baggage. And if you are a rich white dude, it may increase the odds that your baggage is first world, but observing things from the outside can be tricky. If given the choice would you rather be an average black kid in a loving middle income family that grew up and faced moderate racism but gradually climbed the ladder and improved the lot in life your kids faced or a trust fund billionaire white dude who grew up with an sexually abusive boozy father who berated you and called you worthless at every turn? You choose. Or don't. Because value can be derived from strange and unexpected places as can harm.

None of us are treated the way the big guy wants us to be treated. Not one. I don't think we're even capable of treating each other that well, but we probably are, even though we all constantly fall short.

So it's really the blacks that I will go way out of my way for.

Far be it from me to say who you should and should not go out of your way for....and I mean that...FAAAAAAAAAAAAAR be it.

But isn't it undeniable that going out of our way for EVERYONE is the best thing to do?

Far be it from me to say who you should and should not go out of your way for....and I mean that...FAAAAAAAAAAAAAR be it.

But isn't it undeniable that going out of our way for EVERYONE is the best thing to do?

If there were not so many untrustworthy people to do the right thing, then of course it would, and I would not do what I do or think what I think. But there are far, far, far too many people who don't treat minorities fairly. It's a fact and it's not really getting much better. Only incrementally so.

I admit it's not fair and what I do is not fair. Always have, not shy about it.

I wish others on the opposite side would admit it, too (not you, you have been as reasonable as possible in this debate).