"Who's going to man up? Who's going to take control?"

Haplo848

Honestly never had as much respect for Nate Burleson before this video:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/buffalo-bills/0ap3000000688744/Mindset-going-into-Preseason-Week-3

I feel like we need this mindset. We need people to step up and compete. Go into every week as if it's their last. Don't let the excuses allow them to play less than their best. Hopefully we have a leader who can say this stuff on our team.

I find it ridiculous that you should give everything you have in game 3 of the pre-season - in the event the world ends and someone finds your game film.

They went 6-10, 10-6, 4-12 and 7-9 while he was in Detroit. Didn't work apparently.

Edited by Triple Threat

I'm not saying go out and game plan against opponents, throw all your best plays and whatnot. I'm saying we need to have someone step up, be a leader. You play how you practice, so if you go out there and not give your all, what are you going to do during the season? Who cares if people see that you are willing to put in the work, go out and give your all?

Basically, I want someone to demand excellence each and every time the team steps onto the field, whether it's preseason, regular season, post season, whenever. I want them to hold people accountable. We've seemed to have a distinct lack of that kind of a leader in the past. I want someone to not allow people to give up and use any of the various excuses they could use with all the problems that we've had this offseason, and instead make them strive for greatness. It's been far too long since we've truly had greatness here in Buffalo.

I'm not saying go out and game plan against opponents, throw all your best plays and whatnot. I'm saying we need to have someone step up, be a leader. You play how you practice, so if you go out there and not give your all, what are you going to do during the season? Who cares if people see that you are willing to put in the work, go out and give your all?

Basically, I want someone to demand excellence each and every time the team steps onto the field, whether it's preseason, regular season, post season, whenever. I want them to hold people accountable. We've seemed to have a distinct lack of that kind of a leader in the past. I want someone to not allow people to give up and use any of the various excuses they could use with all the problems that we've had this offseason, and instead make them strive for greatness. It's been far too long since we've truly had greatness here in Buffalo.

Look, I understand what you're saying and we're not that far off. I think the important part of your post is give your all in practice - especially in the film room. It's become a thinking man's game as the game has evolved along with the physicality. These guys are getting stronger, bigger and more athletic. Unfortunately the joints don't get bigger so it's an injury ridden game. The pre-season to me is get the starters a little action to feel the game speed again and for others to make the team. I don't want my known starters to go crazy and get hurt but play hard and smart. I think you'll agree those trying to make the team should go all out.

I find it ridiculous that you should give everything you have in game 3 of the pre-season - in the event the world ends and someone finds your game film.

They went 6-10, 10-6, 4-12 and 7-9 while he was in Detroit. Didn't work apparently.

i get what the OP point is.. i am thinking tyrod obviously, but on D.. spikes, again obvious.. hughes is a guy who seems to draw penalties when he gets emotional.. so if aaron williams is healthy, i think he is the guy

Honestly never had as much respect for Nate Burleson before this video:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/buffalo-bills/0ap3000000688744/Mindset-going-into-Preseason-Week-3

I feel like we need this mindset. We need people to step up and compete. Go into every week as if it's their last. Don't let the excuses allow them to play less than their best. Hopefully we have a leader who can say this stuff on our team.

Lol this is funny. Leaders can only do so much if they aren't the QB.

Nate's mindset isn't going to win you games... Fred's didn't.

The QB is the only guy that can really take control of a team.

Edited by Beef Jerky

Tyrod, Eric Wood, Kyle Williams, Spikes, Aaron Williams, etc...

We have plenty of guys who can step up as leaders, and who have stepped up as leaders.

Aaron Williams did a great job last year leading hotheaded penalties; let someone else be leader this year and let him concentrate on staying healthy.

Ed Reed on defense.

This is true.

Tyrod HAS to be the guy.

i get what the OP point is.. i am thinking tyrod obviously, but on D.. spikes, again obvious.. hughes is a guy who seems to draw penalties when he gets emotional.. so if aaron williams is healthy, i think he is the guy

A Williams showed little self discipline. just pure childlike emotion. shame too

Naw. players can fire up other players if done right. Bills have been a bit topsy turvy and waiting for leadership. Some guys are lead by example guys, like me. But just cant pied piper the players. I use that reference to look to Ed Reed. I bet the Bills feel a leader is present on both O and D now. A strong leader.

I believe the players now Billieve